Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What title should my essay go under??!!

• 21-03-2010 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

for my first year anthropology essay, ive been given 2 titles:

a: we speak as we eat

and

b: tell me what you eat and i will tell you who you are

now im not here to ask for help on the essay, as ive got most of it done already ..
    but the problem is ive got no idea what title i should choose, as to me, they sound practically the same.
    my essay so far is about how/what we eat tells us about our culture/tradition/religion/social status etc

i picked title A to start off with, but now some it is beginning to sound like it should come under title B,

as long as the essay itself is about food and culture and its well structured, do you think i could get away with using either??! :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Sounds like an Abdul title?? :)

The latter seems more straightforward. If I am correct then I have taken this course a few years ago. Do you have Calhoun's Food and Culture reader?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Definitely an Abdul title! As far as I remember the second one did fit a lot of the readings/the book easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,044 ✭✭✭✭looksee

'We speak as we eat' I know someone like that, the rest of us have to sit well back from the table, not to get sprayed. :p

Advertisement