Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Independent Band Opportunities / News

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Just posting here to say my original band has done a number of gigs in the last few weeks in Dublin in venues such as Sweeney's, Fibber Magees, The Workman's Club and The King Kong Club. Trying to get some good karma here so if any of you guys want our contact list just PM me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭NightBlind

thanks FionnK. Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 21 bend_sinister

Alright folks,

We (being the band My Pilot) have a gig in Whelans next Thursday 28th April 2016 which has landed in our laps at short notice. We are looking for a support act.

Being the least well-connected band in the world, we don't have any musician friends we can ask to support us on the night. So basically this is a shout out to any interested bands/acts who might be available at a week's notice.

It's one of those 'Midnight Hour' gigs upstairs at Whelans at, erm, midnight.

Give us a shout if you fancy it.

Email: contactmypilot at gmail dot com
    Twitter: my_pilot

You could also bring this to the attention of anyone you know whose band might be able to step in.

Cheers y'all!

My band entered for this last night. Posting here for good karma! :p

http://2fm.rte.ie/2016/06/07/win-a-chance-to-play-at-this-years-electric-picnic/

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gero123

Hi my name is Adam I'm Music Editor at Trinity FM. if anybody is interested in getting their music heard on the radio or having a feature/interview get in touch with me. I'm starting a new show for Irish artists. email me a bit about yourself and a link to your music at thisisadamg (at) gmail (dot) com

Hope to hear from ye and will do my best to get your music heard.

Many thanks,
    Adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Paschal Phires

Hi Adam - sent you an email earlier - band called ghost accuser. Let me know if you got it. Cheers, M

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Vetro

Hi,

The band I play in are looking for a support band for Dublin on dec 10th. Would prefer a Dublin city based band. Any genre. PM for more details please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Don't forget to check with your local arts office to see what grants or bursaries might be available to musicians! Just make sure to put together a sound financial plan and budget with supporting material. This kind of thing can be very uselful for recording and distribution.

Dublin City bursaries are now live:
    http://www.dublincityartsoffice.ie/supporting-artists/apply-for-funding-support

Dolbert wrote: »
    Don't forget to check with your local arts office to see what grants or bursaries might be available to musicians! Just make sure to put together a sound financial plan and budget with supporting material. This kind of thing can be very uselful for recording and distribution.

Dublin City bursaries are now live:
    http://www.dublincityartsoffice.ie/supporting-artists/apply-for-funding-support

Dolbert,

Have you heard of any bands getting a bursary before? Just not sure whether to apply to my local council. We aren't full time gigging, but are looking to put out new EP august and need funding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

FionnK86 wrote: »
    Dolbert,

Have you heard of any bands getting a bursary before? Just not sure whether to apply to my local council. We aren't full time gigging, but are looking to put out new EP august and need funding.

Yep, me! I got a grant from Kildare CoCo for a few hundred last year to fund mostly equipment costs and distribution for our new EP (home recording). They also have a bursary for 3 days in the studio which is well worth applying for. That was the standard grant though, which normally comes out in January (it's different in Dublin City, they come out in September). They're well worth applying for, most musicians aren't even aware of them.

• Advertisement

Plenty of gigs available in Fibbers over next few months. We've played a few of these, unpaid but they'll keep you tight.

https://www.facebook.com/Ex-Oh-Promotions-1482544022017805/

Also give these guys in Ballymun a shout.

https://www.facebook.com/goingundergroundtvshow/

Advertisement