Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Want to join a club/advertise a club? Post in this thread!***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Club Name: Whitehall Colmcille
    Code (hurling/football/handball): Ladies Football
    Level played: Junior 4
    Contact details: whitehall.ladiesfootball@gmail.com

Ladies Junior Football Team Looking for new players of all ages and abilities. We train Mondays and when the season begins at the end of March, we will play our matches on a Wednesday night.
    Our pitch is on the old airport road - opposite Annesley motors and can be accessed by the 41/33/16A/27B buses.

Please email the address above and we will reply promptly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 VancouverPaddy

Club Name: Vancouver Harps
    Code (hurling/football/handball): Football (men/ladies), hurling
    Level played: Junior A, Junior B
    Contact details: See post below
    Any other info: below

The Irish Sports and Social club (ISSC) is the only GAA club in Vancouver, British Columbia. Founded in 1974 we have been flying the flag for the GAA here ever since. As a member of the Canadian County Board we are part of the Western Canadian Division that also includes clubs from neighbouring Alberta. The ISSC is also closely involved in all Irish related social and cultural events that take place in Vancouver.

We play men’s and ladies’ football as well as men’s hurling. Currently we are the holders of both the Men's and Ladies Western Canadian Championships in Gaelic Football.. The hurling team travelled to Chicago in September 2010 to compete in the North American County Board (NACB) Championships at Junior A grade. Vancouver defeated San Francisco Naomh Padraig in the final by four points to become the first Canadian Hurling team to win an NACB Hurling title since 1978.

The season runs from March to September with 2-3 training sessions a week for all teams, the mens Celts and Harps, Joseph P Ryans hurling team and the ladies football teams (Celts, Shamrocks and Harps). The club is now registering members for the 2011 season. Teams play in a number of competitions in Vancouver, Alberta, Seattle and the NACB Championships in San Francisco over Labour weekend (Sep 2nd to 4th).

If you are currently in Vancouver or plan to arrive later this year please e-mail info@isscvancouver.com for additional information. Include the following details:

● Dates of when you arrived or will be arriving in Vancouver
    ● How long you’ll be in Vancouver
    ● Which sport(s) you’re interested in playing

We provide direction and help on how to proceed with a transfer/sanction from your GAA club back in Ireland to so you are eligible to play with us in Vancouver.. As there is a limit to the number of transfers/sanctions a club can do in a year please contact us ASAP. Hurlers should have their own hurleys and a helmet where possible as we have limited supplies.

We cater for all skill levels and also host many social events in and around Vancouver as a club so everyone is welcome - even Canadians! Many of our most active members and best players are people who were not traditionally associated with the GAA back home. We also give advice to new members who have recently moved to the Vancouver.

ISSC website: http://www.isscvancouver.com/

ISSC Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=109398222174&ref=ts

ISSC Hurling Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=325802002205&ref=ts

*It is a requirement to have personal injury insurance if you wish to play for the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Bert Halligan

Hi,
    Does anyone know anything about handball in Galway? I've been told Pearse Stadium has an alley but can't find mention of it anywhere on the web. I'll be able to get down there next week but wondering if anyone has any info in the meantime?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Gael85

St James Gaels
    Club Name:St James Gaels
    Code (football): Football
    Level played:Junior A,Junior C,Minor,U16,U14,U12,U10,U8
    Contact details:
    stjamesgaels.com or axelf82@hotmail.com
    Any other info: St James Gaels will commence pre season training for next season in early January and we are inviting new members(playing and non playing) to join our club. We have 2 adult men football teams, a Junior A team and Junior C team.The second team is a social team which is for lads looking for game. We are based southside in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 15-20 minutes from city centre. 77,77a,50,150,151 buses pass the pitch,17,18,121,122,123 buses go near the pitch as well.
    We have excellent floodlight training facilities,astro pitch training pitch and floodlite pitch.

axelf82@hotmail.com

if anyone still interested in play ball,its not too late to join,our second team is still looking for new players,train monday and wednesday nights at 7.30 in Iveagh Grounds.matches on sunday afternoons.
    user_offline.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭almat1981

I am a very unfit 30 year old hurler looking for a club to train to get fit have not played in 9 years but was at a high level then . Just wanna get involved again / get fit i have probably have lost all ball skills . Ideally looking for Any clubs in the stoneybatter / phoenix park area looking for members . Will travel to greater Dublin area for any other clubs . This is mainly cause I now have the time to do it again and i know I won't make a team but just wanna get involved again.

P.s if this is in the wrong forum mod please move to the approiate one .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

Hey lads.
    ive been interested in getting into gaa for a while now.
    I havent played since I was about 13.
    im 25 now.

Im not the most fit person,
    but I can last a litle bit!

But anyway what im really wanting to ask is,
    If wanted to join a team, how do I go about it?
    I was lookin at the websites for ballymn and st vincents but theres not much info on joining.
    Do I just ring up and ask or how does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

In response to the two guys above looking to get back into the game, Réalt Dearg sounds like a good fit if you would play on the southside? We were founded in 2010 by a group of lads who saw the need for a hurling club in Dublin south. We will be training primarily in Bushy Park, Terenure or in Ringsend Park once the clocks go forward. At the moment we are training twice a week in the Thomas Davis Astro pitch in Tallaght and at the weekend in Bushy or Ringsend.

We have all levels of hurlers involved in the club, from beginners to those who previously hurled at a higher standard but for work reasons or whatever have been out of the game for a while or can't make it back down the country for training. We have two adult teams, one in Junior E and one in Junior F, you have to start at the bottom and work your way up! All new players are more than welcome, check out www.realtdearg.ie for details and call or text one of the lads on the committee to find out training times as they can change.

Just to bump this thread back up. Réalt Dearg were narrowly defeated yesterday in their Leinster League debut. In one of the best performances I've seen from the Stars they were only beaten by a point by Edenderry, a team in Junior A in Offaly. Not bad for a team in Junior E and F!

We are looking to get more people involved as players but most importantly as selectors/managers to relieve the pressure from the players who, so far, have had to pick the team as well as playing. For anyone out there that would like to join us don't worry about your level, we have everything from beginners to lads who've hurled minor and more for county teams and everything in between! We really need some more players to ensure we have enough to continue with two teams for the year. Also anyone who would like to try out management would be more than welcome. Please visit www.realtdearg.ie and call/text/email one of the lads on the committee if you would like to know more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 KilmacudCrokes

Kilmacud Crokes is fielding two ladies teams this Summer, and there's plenty of room for new, enthusiastic players.

The girls came very close to silverwear last year, and are determined 2011 will be a breakthrough year.

Training on Monday and Wednesday at Glenalbyn, Stillorgan.

All the contact details are here http://www.kilmacudcrokes-ladies.com/

:):o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Any junior team around saggart or Rathcoole guys??. 27 yr old looking to join up any help appreciated.

Thanks

• Advertisement

St James Gaels
    St James Gaels
    Contact details:
    stjamesgaels.com or axelf82@hotmail.com
    Any other info: St James Gaels will commence pre season training for next season in early January and we are inviting new members(playing and non playing) to join our club. We have 2 adult men football teams, a Junior A team and Junior C team.The second team is a social team which is for lads looking for game. We are based southside in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Road about 15-20 minutes from city centre. 77,77a,50,150,151 buses pass the pitch,17,18,121,122,123 buses go near the pitch as well.
    We have excellent floodlight training facilities,astro pitch training pitch and floodlite pitch.

axelf82@hotmail.com

if anyone still interested in play ball we train monday and wednesday nights at 7.30 in Iveagh Grounds.Lads looking to train are welcome,the more numbers at training the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Trained Monkey

Hi all,
    We are 4-5 lads in Dublin but playing competitive football with our home club. We need a club to train with midweek for a few months instead of driving home and back again! Any suggestions/contacts?

Does anybody know if the training for non-Dub players still takes place anywhere in Dublin?

Hi all,
    We are 4-5 lads in Dublin but playing competitive football with our home club. We need a club to train with midweek for a few months instead of driving home and back again! Any suggestions/contacts?

Does anybody know if the training for non-Dub players still takes place anywhere in Dublin?

Hey your welcome to train with St James Gaels,were not too far from Kilmainham,were based in Iveagh Grounds on Crumlin Rd,we have a couple country lads training with us.Our training has been moved to tuesday&thursday at 7 in iveagh grounds,if you need more details email me axelf82@hotmail.com
    Regards

Aidan

• Registered Users Posts: 7 colmcille

Club Name : Naomh Colmcille CLG
    (Off the Balheary Road opposite the old Motorola Building).
    Code : Football
    Level played : Junior
    Contact details : colmcillechair@hotmail.com, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Naomh-Colmcille-CLG/116051948138?sk=photos#!/pages/Naomh-Colmcille-CLG/116051948138?sk=wall
    Any other info : We're always looking for Players for our Adult Junior team (Training Tuesday & Thursday @ 7pm) & Under 14 Team (Training Monday & Wednesday @ 6:30pm)
    Facilities : Our Club House has a large hall, full changing facilities & has recently been extended to include new conference rooms, we have a Floodlit training area beside our Pitch.

We have full bar facilities which are open every night & are available to hire for functions, our hall & conference rooms are also available to hire for use by different groups in our local community. We currently hire out to groups ranging from Irish Dance classes to Bird shows.......

CILLES2.jpg

NaomhColmcillesSordBaileAthaCliath.png

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Eurox

Any senior club looking for Trainer in the Meath area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hurlers

would you like to join a successful & prominent hurling club in the south dublin/wicklow area???

all grades welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Eurox

Would love to but there would be a lot of travelling involved

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Flanders536

Hi all, My name is Mark, i'm from Waterford.

I am looking to join a gaa team in either hurling or football, I played for aprox 7-8 years when I was younger. I played in goals/right full forward in both sports but am willing to play anywhere.
    I am 24. I do drive so any team/club within reasonable distance will be considered.

for further info just messgae me or leave a reply :)

thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Flanders536

I'm just going to bumb my above post(as I havnt heard anything in 8 days)

and add, if anybody in the WATERFORD area knows of or plays for a team looking for extra players please contact me
    Ireally want to get back training.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭krazyklown

I think Mark the best thing to do is find out who is your nearest club and go down and find out when their juniors are training and look to join up. Im moving to Dublin myself and the evening I sorted out my accomodation I went down to the nearest club and watched training and since have asked someone I know in the area to help me out. If you are waiting for someone to sign you up im afraid you might be waiting a while! Best of Luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭PJ4

Hi,
    I'm 37 and looking for a GAA football club to train with and learn the game. Never played the game before, played soccer for 20 years as a goalkeeper.
    Can anyone recommend a club for a complete novice in South Dublin?

PJ4 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm 37 and looking for a GAA football club to train with and learn the game. Never played the game before, played soccer for 20 years as a goalkeeper.

Hi PJ4,
    If you are prepared to consider hurling instead of football then Réalt Dearg hurling club would be a good fit. Based on the southside, mainly Terenure/Ranelagh/Rathmines areas but drawing players from all over. We were only founded last year and got our team promoted last year so now have two teams with plenty of room for beginners if you haven't played before! Just go to www.realtdearg.ie for more info and give one of the lads on the committee page a text or call about training times. The more lads enjoying playing hurling the merrier in Réalt Dearg:D

Hi PJ4,
    If you are prepared to consider hurling instead of football then Réalt Dearg hurling club would be a good fit. Based on the southside, mainly Terenure/Ranelagh/Rathmines areas but drawing players from all over. We were only founded last year and got our team promoted last year so now have two teams with plenty of room for beginners if you haven't played before! Just go to www.realtdearg.ie for more info and give one of the lads on the committee page a text or call about training times. The more lads enjoying playing hurling the merrier in Réalt Dearg:D

Sounds great, be well up for coming down. Must stress, I've never played before, be great to get a few tips. Do you have spare hurlies and helmets at the club, or will I need to bring my own? Thanks.

Sounds great, be well up for coming down. Must stress, I've never played before, be great to get a few tips. Do you have spare hurlies and helmets at the club, or will I need to bring my own? Thanks.

Great to hear that, training is usually on in Bushy Park, Terenure. Be sure to give one of the lads on the committee a shout before you go down just incase the times on the site have changed. I won't be down myself as I'm out injured for a few weeks but the more the merrier. As we said before alot of lads only took up hurling last year and have come on huge amounts, we even have a couple of lads from Canada and Germany that got involved and loved the sport so don't worry about only taking it up! You'll have to bring you're own hurl and helmet but once you've them got you're all set!

Are you from Dublin originally? We're very keen to increase our numbers of locals so we are more a part of the community!:D

Great to hear that, training is usually on in Bushy Park, Terenure. Be sure to give one of the lads on the committee a shout before you go down just incase the times on the site have changed. I won't be down myself as I'm out injured for a few weeks but the more the merrier. As we said before alot of lads only took up hurling last year and have come on huge amounts, we even have a couple of lads from Canada and Germany that got involved and loved the sport so don't worry about only taking it up! You'll have to bring you're own hurl and helmet but once you've them got you're all set!

Are you from Dublin originally? We're very keen to increase our numbers of locals so we are more a part of the community!:D

Thanks for your reply, I'll contact the committe lads to let them know I'm interested in coming down. I'll head down to the sports shop and pick up a hurl and helmet.

I was born in London, my parents are both Irish, Tipperary and Waterford, but live in London now. I moved over in the summer to Wicklow, and been living in Dublin since February.

Good stuff, great that you're getting involved in the local sport and it will be a great way for you to meet a whole new group of people. We've got a great crowd in the club now and there is a real bond forming between the gang.
    That said we're aiming to establish a club without the cliques you sometimes get in clubs, one where, without wanting to be cliché, the new guy is always welcome even in 20 years time when we're going for our 10th senior championship in a row:D

If you're buying a hurl it might be worth checking out this site, it's linked from our page, some of the sports shop ones are overpriced and of a questionable standard!

http://www.handcrafthurleys.com/

In terms of size of the hurl it will be hard for you to know what feels right not having played before but as a rough guide I would say get a 34" if you are under 6 foot, then maybe 35" or 36" if you're very tall!

Thanks for your reply, the club sounds very positive. Thanks for the link, I'm just under 6 feet 2, will go for the 36" hurl. Gonna get myself down the field and have a good practice to get the feel for it. I emailed the committee last night, be great to get down and meet the lads. Will get myself down to watch the next home game, to get a feel for the club. Do you have a game next weekend?

Good stuff, the B team have a challenge match against Kilmacud Crokes at 7.30pm tomorrow evening, Thursday the 5th. I'm not sure is that at home or away but either way it's not very far. I'd give the club secretary a text to check where it is as he is also captain of that team.

Alternatively this sunday is a GAA designated club day(Lá na gClub in irish). The lads are trying to organise a 7 aside tournament amongst our own players to take place at 2pm(again a text to confirm would be wise:)) in Bushy Park, Terenure which should be great craic and a good way to meet the lads so feel free to go on down to that!

After that championship matches are not far away with the B team playing on the 10th of May and the A team on the 15th. Plenty of matches for you to watch to start off with and there should be training every Monday and Thursday at 7pm in Bushy Park to get the basics down too!:D

Hi,

St James Gaels
    Contact details:stjamesgaels.com or axelf82@hotmail.com

axelf82@hotmail.com

if anyone still interested in training/playing ball,its not too late to join,our second team is still looking for new players,train monday and wednesday nights at 7.30 in Iveagh Grounds.matches on sunday afternoons.

user_online.gifreport.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

I'm not going to be doing any thing for the next few months over the summer and was thinking of joining the local football team but what's the rules for this? Is there any time, like end or start of season, when your supposed to join or can I basically ring the manager anytime and ask to join in a training session? Is the manager even the right person to ring?

Advertisement