Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Art / crafts courses/ events you would recommend

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMoore

I'd like to invite you to my Halloween Special FX workshop in Galway on Tuesday 27th October!
    At the Commercial Boat Club, Woodquay, cost €25 (inc all materials), suitable for ages 10 +, starting 1pm - 3pm. Maximum 10 places, prior booking essential.
    If there is a lot of interest I will host 2 classes, one from 1 - 3, the second from 3 - 5pm, and I will split the age groups into 10 - 18 and 18 +.
    I will teach you the basics of special FX, and on the day expect to create realistic burns, zombie-skin, a bullet wound, and cuts & bruises...perfect for Halloween!
    Be prepared to practice on each other!

Email [email protected] or PM me for more information or booking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Eva_W

Hey everybody!

Besides our fortnightly Drink & Draw Meetings we'd like to meet up from now and then to spend a few hours sketching and drawing in different places, such as the sculpture hall in the Crawford Gallery in Cork for example. This Thurs, 22nd, we meet at 6pm at the entrance of the Gallery, everybody who's interested is very much welcome to join us. =)

Thanks,
    Eva

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Eva_W wrote: »
    Hey everybody!

Besides our fortnightly Drink & Draw Meetings we'd like to meet up from now and then to spend a few hours sketching and drawing in different places, such as the sculpture hall in the Crawford Gallery in Cork for example. This Thurs, 22nd, we meet at 6pm at the entrance of the Gallery, everybody who's interested is very much welcome to join us. =)

Thanks,
    Eva

Sounds fantastic!! If I was in Cork I'd be there for sure! Best of luck with it - I haven't been in the Crawford in years at this stage!

We're hoping to make Cork our next destination for a weekend sketchy booze up - it's looking like it will be in the New Year at this stage, but it gives you guys time to start organising some joint events :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Eva_W

Brilliant! I keep my fingers crossed, would be cool to meet you guys from Dub and we could doodle around all together. Keep me posted, ok? =)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Will do definitely Eva!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 ceribabe

We are holding a Christmas craft and gift sale for local people who would like a platform to sell their goods-the idea to to promote local enterprise and support local craftspeople.

It will be held at the Castle Buildings (Jemima's Cafe), opposite the children's playground on the last Sunday in November. Stalls will be €10, booking essential, please contact [email protected] for information and to book. Thank you!

Cerian

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭FICOCO

Embellish Island

A new series of classes starts soon

Beginner’s dress-making classes

Tuesday 24th November 2009

7pm-9pm

Ten weeks duration

Four weeks of classes before Christmas & six weeks after Christmas.

€120

For further details visit http://embellishisland.blogspot.com

:)Additional night added in response to demand!:)
    Beginners Dress-making Classes
    WEDNESDAY 25th NOVEMBER 2009
    7pm-9pm
    Ten weeks duration
    (Four classes before Christmas, six after; as above)
    Only two places left!:eek:
    €120

contact Fiona via

http://embellishisland.blogspot.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 ceribabe

Please note that this event is now taking place on Sunday 6th December at the Bee Park Community Centre in Manorhamilton association with the North Leitrim Women's Centre in order to aid with their fundraising. The event will take place between 2pm and 6pm and the fee is €15 per table, Tables are provided. The women's centre is able to promote the fair to their members by mail and we feel that by joining forces, sellers will benefit from higher numbers and the centre will benefit from funds being raised, thank you.
    Email [email protected] for more info

could this be....

The Republic of Ireland's first Face Painting Jam!

Date: Sunday 29th November
    time:
    Venue: Menlo Park Hotel, Galway City
    Cost: €10, to cover room hire and teas/coffees. This is a non-profit event.

Calling all Face Painters!
    I'm hosting a 1 day face painting "jam" session at the Menlo Park Hotel, for beginners, 'hobby' painters, and professional face painters alike! Every one of every level is most welcome.
    Bring your kit (if you have one) to work with, you will definitely be encouraged to get painting! I have a small number of kits available to borrow/share if you don't have your own...

Starting at 10am, (although you can drop in/out at any time over the course of the day!), The morning will be given over to setting up your kits, meeting fellow face painters, networking, sharing tips and advice, and 'poking around' in each others kits - with permission, of course! - to see what products people are using / how they're using them.
    It's hard to try before you buy in Ireland, and so I'm hoping this will give you an opportunity to look at other brands and colours of paints/glitters that are available.

From around 11.30 / 12, there will various face painting demonstrations - this is your chance to pick up new designs for the Christmas season - I will be concentrating on Quick Christmas designs - to try out variations on old favourites, and maybe jazz up your face painting repetoire...

At 2.30/3pm, there will be an informal face painting competition! (complete with prizes!) The theme is "Christmas", so get thinking of original, bright ideas! (Hint: you could look at xmas cards for inspiration)

Everyone is welcome, this will be a friendly, informal "jam" and a great chance to improve your face painting skills in a no-pressure environment! And if you feel like you have skills to share, even better! Let's make this work!

More info at www.popartz.com , email [email protected]

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MAY15

There is a fantastic art teacher in the carrickmines area dublin 18. I found her name in www.fundays.ie . She runs Clayworks, but also does portfolio and Junior and Senior Art classes at weekends. I attnded one of the Adult courses and I can honestly say she is without doubt one of the best art teachers I have ever had. She has links with IMMA and Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Artist Panel. If you want to give a gift for life, its worth attending her classes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marksquirt

Hi MAY15,
    Can you pm me with her name and number I can't seem to find her on the website!
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Lollie22

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let all you cardmakers and scrapbookers about this fab new event on the 5th & 6th of February.
    It is being held in the Abbeyliex Manor Hotel in Co Laois. Classes have been launched this morning.

For more details please check out the blog www.crafts4u-event.blogspot.com

Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭dirtynosebeps

well it's nearly that time of the year again and the nationa crafts fair starts in the R.D.S. next week.i was at it last year and really enjoyed it. i'll be back again next week.
    www.nationalcraftsfair.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭purplebeach

Christmas Card Make & Take with Cliona Larkin
    In The Premier Arts & Craft Store

Greystones
    Sunday 6th December 2009

MAKE as many Christmas Cards as you like

during your session
    and TAKE them home

- all materials are provided for you.

There are 3 sessions throughout the day.

12pm - 1.30pm - Children Only (strictly age 7+)

2pm - 3.30pm - Family Session -

Come along with your children
    and make cards together
    4pm - 5.30pm - Adults Only

Cost is 15.00 euro per person.
    Places are limited and can be booked
    with a deposit of 5.00 euro at
    The Premier Arts & Craft Store Greystones

There will also be a free Card Making/Decoration making demonstration throughout the day with Amanda Anderson.

For further details - please call Brenda @ 086-8731425

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 InVision

An impromptu audio visual gathering in a gallery today, November 26th..at 5PM.

Bring your music and your player with you. It's fun, everyone is welcome and it's FREE. Location is due to be announced today 1PM.

For more details:

http://lecool.com/cities/dublin/newsletters/current.html
    http://www.twitter.com/invision_event

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 InVision

The event will take place in the Hugh Lane Gallery.

We will begin to assemble at Wolf Tone Park (Garden Of Remembrance) just off Parnell Street at 5PM. We will begin to make our way to the gallery at 5:15 so make sure you get their early.

Bring your Mp3 Players and Earphones and any friends who wish to take part.

See you all there.
    In’Vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭boxercreations

All day workshop in Gort, Co Galway (despite the floods it's going ahead!!) on saturday 5th December.
    Two tutors - eight unique Christmas cards, all materials supplied (bring your own basics). 10.30am - 4.30pm. Class kits mean this suitable for all levels of crafter - small class size means you can work at your own pace.
    €27
    Txt your name to 0879711077 if interested and we'll call you back.

Xmas Face Painting Workshop for Children

This workshop is suitable for children aged 8 – 12 years old. :p
    Nina, of Paint on People Face & Body Artz (www.popartz.com) is hosting a Christmas Face Painting workshop for children in the Amnesty International Café in Galway on Saturday 12th December, 2009!

Using skin-safe, professional face paints, children will work together to learn how to create simple, fun face paintings! Nina will cover a variety of easy techniques, such as sponge blending, and tear drop brush strokes. There will be certificates of participation for everyone, and a prize for the best face painter at the end of the session!

Where: Amnesty International Café, Middles Street, Galway City

When: Saturday 12th December 2009, 10.30am - 12noon

Cost: Only €10 for 1.5 hours face painting tuition, including a donation to Amnesty International. All materials are included in the price.

Booking: Call Nina on 086-3586-522, or email [email protected] to book, or or more information!

Limited to 10 places, so book early to avoid disappointment! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭stitchlily

There are a few crochet workshops taking place over the next few days, as part of the Irish Hyperbolic Crocheted Coral Reef project. You can read more about the project on The Woolly Way of Ireland blog

3rd December
    11.30am -12.30pm
    Macroom Library, Macroom, Cork

4th December 10am-12pm
    The Crafty Alley, The Crafty Alley, 6B Scotts Street, East Avenue Road, Killarney, Co. Kerry

4th December 10.00am - 5.30pm
    Irish Hyperbolic Crochet Coral Reef day - all day at The Yarn Room in Ashford village, Co Wicklow.

6th December 2009, 11.00am - 5.00pm
    Tralee Christmas Craft Fair, Fels Point Hotel, Tralee, Co. Kerry

6th December 2009
    3 workshops in the Science Gallery, at 12.30pm, 2pm and 4pm
    In these workshops Wicklow based crochet expert Irene Lundgaard will lead you from the basics of crochet through to the techniques needed to crochet a hyperbolic mathematical pattern. It’s easier then you think!
    To book a place go to http://www.sciencegallery.com/events

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Teganz

I wanted to let you all know about Paint Ideas It is not an event, but you can upload photos of your own crafts and show them off on your site. I am an advocate, it might be a great place for you to direct people to or discuss that your work is on the site :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Afrocelt

Hi ya,
    Just to add my workshops-I run soapmaking workshops for individuals, parties and groups.

See NiEriu site for details :www.nieriu.com
    workshop details:
    http://tinyurl.com/ykrdouv

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Pauleeeeeeee

Hi everyone.

I give drawing and painting classes several times a week.
    The classes aim to improve the realism of the artwork produced by students.
    Everything from still life, landscape and figurative art is looked at.

The classes are aimed at both beginers and intermediate students.

Visit http://www.artclassesdublin.comfor more details on class times, price, location, etc.
    Or you can just pm me if you want more details.

I look forward to hearing from you :)

-Paul

artclasses01.jpgcanvas_acyrlic_large.jpg

South East Crafters
    Card Making & Scrapbooking Group
    Meets each month @ the Maldron Hotel Wexford.

Meeting this month on the 23rd of January @ 12pm

If you would like to come along please email
    [email protected]

Class €25
    Crop €10

Everyone welcome!!!!!

Kildare Krafts Klub
    Card Making & Scrapbooking Group
    Meets each month @ the Maudlins Hotel, Naas Co Kildare
    (Just at the ball)

Meeting this month on the 16th of January @ 12pm

If you would like to come along please email
    [email protected]

Class €25
    Crop €10

Everyone Welcome!!!

www.craftyangels.ie will be attending both groups each month with the mobile shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 cats.pyjamas

Could anyone recommend life drawing classes in cork?
    Thanks

crafts4uheaderweekend.png

Abbeyleix Manor Hotel, Co Laois.

Well Ladies, the countdown has finally begun.

We have 4 more weeks left until this amazing weekend starts.

With some of Ireland & England's top retailers attend and Irelands Top Tutors teaching we are bound to have a bumper packed weekend full of Classes, Challenges, Competitions and much more.

Some shops include

[URL="wlmailhtml:{561E6875-3FFB-47A1-A231-D56FC3A30C84}mid://00000233/!x-usc:http://www.craftyangels.ie/"]www.craftyangels.ie[/URL]

[URL="wlmailhtml:{561E6875-3FFB-47A1-A231-D56FC3A30C84}mid://00000233/!x-usc:http://www.craftsandcards.com/"]www.craftsandcards.com[/URL]

[URL="wlmailhtml:{561E6875-3FFB-47A1-A231-D56FC3A30C84}mid://00000233/!x-usc:http://www.dimensionfourth.co.uk/"]www.dimensionfourth.co.uk[/URL]

[URL="wlmailhtml:{561E6875-3FFB-47A1-A231-D56FC3A30C84}mid://00000233/!x-usc:http://www.premierartsandcraft.ie/"]www.premierartsandcraft.ie[/URL]

and many many more

Don’t forget everyone who books 5 or more classes receive a bumper filled Goody Bag on registration.

Check out [URL="wlmailhtml:{561E6875-3FFB-47A1-A231-D56FC3A30C84}mid://00000233/!x-usc:http://www.craftyangels.ie/"]www.craftyangels.ie[/URL] for class bookings.

If you are planning on staying over or live close by why not book a place for our “Craftathon” night on the Friday @ 8pm.

IF you have any questions or queries about this event please feel free to email them to [URL="wlmailhtml:{561E6875-3FFB-47A1-A231-D56FC3A30C84}mid://00000233/!x-usc:mailto:[email protected]"][email protected][/URL]

Looking forward to seeing you there!!!!!!

Laura

XXX

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Sassy

I will be running beginner knitting classes in Áras Chronain, Clondalkin, Dublin 22, commencing Tuesday February 2nd.

Morning classes 10 - 11.30 and
    Evening classes 7.30 - 9.00

Cost is €75 for 6 classes including materials for first project.

pm me for further details.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Pauleeeeeeee

Just a quick not to say that Art Classes Dublin has moved location.

The studio is now based just across the road from the Ambassador Theater at the top of O'Connell Street in Dublin.

Please go to http://www.artclassesdublin.comfor more detailed directions and for any further information.

-Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 5 aireefairee

I am running Crochet and Knitting classes in the Northside Community Centre, Forthill, Sligo.

Its on every Tuesday, 7 - 9pm.

Pm me if you need any more info. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 yvontune@iolfre

As the Crafts 4 U Event in Abbeyleix has had to be cancelled I have decided to have a Workshop for the ladies who were dissapointed that the weekend wont go ahead.

Kilcoole Craft Club
    Creative Card Making Workshop With Yvonne Tune
    Saturday the 6th of February
    In St Patrick's Hall,
    Upper Green, Kilcoole, Co Wicklow
    Time 10.30 to 5.30
    Tickets €25.00 places limited

Our workshops are open to all crafters everyone is very welcome.

This will be my first workshop for 2010. We will make 3 kits , I have allowed plenty of time to finish each project, all the cards will be in pretty spring colours, with matching inserts, and each kit will have full instructions,
    You will need to bring a tool kit of 2 x Scissors, Craft knife, Craft mat, Tweezers, Doublesided tape, Foam tape, Decoupage Foam pads, A good quality paper glue, and Peel-off boarders and corners.
    A cushion for comfort as chairs are a bit hard, your own mug, and a extra top or cardigan as the hall is very large,

10.30 to 11.00 Welcome Tea/Coffee and Chat

Class one 11.00 to 12.30
    Daffodil Delights

Lunch 12.30 to 1.00
    Please bring a packed lunch Tea/Coffee Biscuits and Homemade Cakes Supplied all day.

Mega Craft Supplies Sale 1.00 to 2.30 Fantastic Bargains

Class Two 2.30 to 4.00
    Spring Romance

Class Three 4.00 to 5.30
    Spring has Sprung.

Extra Surprise kit to make at home with full instructions.

Please email me HERE to book a place and I will send you full details and directions for St Patrick's Hall, all places need to be confirmed and paid for by the 30th of January.
    Full Details on our Blog

Kilcoole is on Bus Route 84

Many thanks Yvonne Tune

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 gráfinn

Does anyone know of a good course for sewing and altering? I would like it if it was one that came with a qualification or certificate at the end of the course.

I'd also like to know of a good embroidery course and one for dress making.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement