Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Forge83 wrote: »
    How so? They have already beaten Rahillys and Templenoe. Kenmare will be a big test for them.

They kind of fell over the line in both games and I'm not sure how great either of them are. Basically Crokes are totally beatable now where before they were in the habit of steamrolling most teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

keane2097 wrote: »
    They kind of fell over the line in both games and I'm not sure how great either of them are. Basically Crokes are totally beatable now where before they were in the habit of steamrolling most teams.

As if to prove your point, Kenmare beat them by a point this evening to qualify for the club final, and that even after having a penalty saved by Shane Ryan with two minutes remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

keane2097 wrote: »

I agree they have gone backwards but so have most of the other club sides & crokes are still the best club side

KOR have gone backwards and are way too reliant on Moran & Savage - especially now that Tommy is injured.
    KOR should have beaten Kenmare & were very close against Crokes and this is, imo, a very weak KOR team

Stacks havent kicked on at all after all their strong underage teams while Kenmare & Templenoe are only ok really.

I know Kenmare just beat Crokes but I still think Crokes are better overall.

No club team will beat East Kerry this year

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

As if to prove your point, Kenmare beat them by a point this evening to qualify for the club final, and that even after having a penalty saved by Shane Ryan with two minutes remaining.

Or even saved by Shane Murphy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I agree they have gone backwards but so have most of the other club sides & crokes are still the best club side

KOR have gone backwards and are way too reliant on Moran & Savage - especially now that Tommy is injured.
    KOR should have beaten Kenmare & were very close against Crokes and this is, imo, a very weak KOR team

Stacks havent kicked on at all after all their strong underage teams while Kenmare & Templenoe are only ok really.

I know Kenmare just beat Crokes but I still think Crokes are better overall.

No club team will beat East Kerry this year

Correct on all counts for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Massive result from Kenmare last night, came from 6 down also. 2 down in last few mins. Helps when you have Seanie Shea in your team I guess!

I would agree on sentiment above re: Crokes.

With the likes of Tony Brosnan up front they will cause problems for anyone BUT some of the same names on the team sheet wouldn’t exactly strike fear into opposing teams for a while now. Some glaring weaknesses there and they haven’t had the sort of revamp I expected.

With the 2 lads from Valentia on board (a fairly sickening transfer it must be said) I expected Stacks to be a force this year but they were shocking against Kilcummin apparently and got out of jail.

Dingle look strong on paper, forward line could do wreck given the right ball. Conor Geaney is one to watch.

Barring any disruption though are any of those getting near East Kerry though - probably not.

Massive result from Kenmare last night, came from 6 down also. 2 down in last few mins. Helps when you have Seanie Shea in your team I guess!

I would agree on sentiment above re: Crokes.

With the likes of Tony Brosnan up front they will cause problems for anyone BUT some of the same names on the team sheet wouldn’t exactly strike fear into opposing teams for a while now. Some glaring weaknesses there and they haven’t had the sort of revamp I expected.

With the 2 lads from Valentia on board (a fairly sickening transfer it must be said) I expected Stacks to be a force this year but they were shocking against Kilcummin apparently and got out of jail.

Dingle look strong on paper, forward line could do wreck given the right ball. Conor Geaney is one to watch.

Barring any disruption though are any of those getting near East Kerry though - probably not.

That’s 3 games that kenmare have won whereby they have been behind goin into injury time- some balls in fairness. Sign of great character.

On the stacks transfers- I agree it was fairly sickening & what makes it worse is that stacks easily have the biggest pick of all the Tralee sides & have been very strong at underage level for a few years now.

They should be developing players like Michael o gara into a good midfielder rather than helping close down valentia gaa club

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Forge83

Outside of O Shea, who from Kenmare is standing out? Surely Paul O Connor cannot be considered for inter county again?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Rathmore have been really disappointing in the Intermediate

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/league/149636/

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/league/149637/

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/league/149638/

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/league/149639/

Its a pity they dont stream an Intermediate or Junior club game

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

That’s 3 games that kenmare have won whereby they have been behind goin into injury time- some balls in fairness. Sign of great character.

On the stacks transfers- I agree it was fairly sickening & what makes it worse is that stacks easily have the biggest pick of all the Tralee sides & have been very strong at underage level for a few years now.

They should be developing players like Michael o gara into a good midfielder rather than helping close down valentia gaa club

Are the two Valentia lads living in Tralee? In fairness it's a long trek down to Valentia if they are.

• Advertisement

Are the two Valentia lads living in Tralee? In fairness it's a long trek down to Valentia if they are.

Boys travel from Dublin to play with their club

Valentina v Cordal off today due to Valentia unable to field. Was always going to happen. I was surprised they put a team in at all but i suppose they wanted to try and keep the club going. Not sure if that just means they'll pull out or not now.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Valentina v Cordal off today due to Valentia unable to field. Was always going to happen. I was surprised they put a team in at all but i suppose they wanted to try and keep the club going. Not sure if that just means they'll pull out or not now.

Word is they are going to amalgamate with Skellig Rangers from next year

A grand idea which makes sense to keep lads playing ball and the club somewhat alive

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Legion, Brendan's, South Kerry and East Kerry all win fairly comfortably in the minor QFs, with the last-named still firm favourites to retain their title.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭wonga77

That story has been doing the rounds for 5 or 6 years at this stage. Valentia always seem to find a way, Portmagee have probably the biggest squad in South Kerry (according to the match programmes lately anyway)

wonga77 wrote: »
    That story has been doing the rounds for 5 or 6 years at this stage. Valentia always seem to find a way, Portmagee have probably the biggest squad in South Kerry (according to the match programmes lately anyway)

They just gave a walkover in the Junior Championship, so they are struggling more than ever to find a way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

When will the tickets be available on the Kerry Gaa site for the county championship matches on 22,23rd Aug. I missed out last week they sold out, is there a set time they are out?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,151 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

When will the tickets be available on the Kerry Gaa site for the county championship matches on 22,23rd Aug. I missed out last week they sold out, is there a set time they are out?

There is only 200/match so about 100/ club including players and coaches. I say all tickets are distributed through clubs.

Slava Ukrainii

My club has been doing a members only draw. Anyone interested puts their name in. Seems fair enough way of doing it.

Cant see them being on general sale, would be rotten form if they were tbf.

• Advertisement

My club has been doing a members only draw. Anyone interested puts their name in. Seems fair enough way of doing it.

Cant see them being on general sale, would be rotten form if they were tbf.

Our own club allows players on the match day panel to buy a ticket for a family member, rest are drawn

Slava Ukrainii

Our own club allows players on the match day panel to buy a ticket for a family member, rest are drawn

That's fair.

That's fair.

Ya so I get to see the matches

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭thesultan

Saw Kenmare Templenoe. Is Tadhg Morley injured?

Quinlinan has made Stacks masters of off the ball handbags & late hits.

I said it on here a couple of years ago and it still stands - constant off the ball & cheap shots from them

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Fitzgerald must have said something fairly low. Some anger in Donaghys eyes there in that incident. You wouldn’t react to a former teammate like that for no reason

Quinlinan has made Stacks masters of off the ball handbags & late hits.

I said it on here a couple of years ago and it still stands - constant off the ball & cheap shots from them

Crokes wont be found wanting in that regard either tbf

Crokes wont be found wanting in that regard either tbf

Crokes can be quite bad - Payne especially but Stacks take the biscuit.

Like a northern team at times

Phenomenally soft red for Burns - jesus what did the ref see there!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Harsh bit if a nothing kick out at donaghy

Advertisement