Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-08-2020, 17:00   #4201
Kilboor

I had a look at draftkings yesterday, I hadn't a clue what they actually do but when I went to search it every suggestion was about its stock price. That was a warning enough for me !

That and the video on their website explaining what they do is extremely low quality. Who ever recorded it forgot to turn off notifications and they get a spotify song playing notification mid recording.....
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-08-2020, 17:02   #4202
Lex Luthor

Quote:
Originally Posted by One More Toy View Post
Draftkings down 9%, send thoughts and prayers
hence why i exited early last week, even at a loss

no sports is going to hit them
Thanks from:
10-08-2020, 17:08   #4203
One More Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilboor View Post
I had a look at draftkings yesterday, I hadn't a clue what they actually do but when I went to search it every suggestion was about its stock price. That was a warning enough for me !

That and the video on their website explaining what they do is extremely low quality. Who ever recorded it forgot to turn off notifications and they get a spotify song playing notification mid recording.....
I understand how it works (and actually seems like a bit of fun). It's a long term hold for me. Earnings on Friday
(2) thanks from:
10-08-2020, 17:26   #4204
jams100

Quote:
Originally Posted by One More Toy View Post
Draftkings down 9%, send thoughts and prayers
Bought more today. When all sports restart (which they eventually will) combined with more states legalising gambling (which again will eventually happen as states will need the tax to pay for all this pandemic stuff).
I'm interested to see their results on Friday, especially how they are reducing costs because if they can ride out the next 3-6 months I can see draftkings reaching a new high.
(2) thanks from:
10-08-2020, 17:34   #4205
Dave1711

Quote:
Originally Posted by jams100 View Post
Bought more today. When all sports restart (which they eventually will) combined with more states legalising gambling (which again will eventually happen as states will need the tax to pay for all this pandemic stuff).
I'm interested to see their results on Friday, especially how they are reducing costs because if they can ride out the next 3-6 months I can see draftkings reaching a new high.
Agreed think they have pretty big potential as a long term investment with the US beginning to relax gambling laws a bit in some states.

Nfl and college football getting cancelled might hurt them if that happens but once things are back to normal would expect them to do well
Advertisement
10-08-2020, 17:35   #4206
One More Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jams100 View Post
Yes that's why I'm holding out, I'm looking towards states opening up gambling.

I must admit though their social media presence is sh*tty enough. It seems like a bit of fun but I've zero knowledge of any American sport. Now if they opened up F1 then that would be interesting!
10-08-2020, 18:28   #4207
bcklschaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklschaps View Post
Fair play buddy, your recommendation prompted me to pick up PENN at $30 ... its been my best performing stock over the last few weeks. up 50% whereas GAN & DKNG have basically just threaded water.

PENN down 3% today, however ... soo hopefully this post doesn't precipitate a nasty downward spiral...

PENN just crashed thru my stop loss.... Out for the time being.

Still in GAN & DKNG, but DKNG stop loss, very close now too.
10-08-2020, 18:33   #4208
One More Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcklschaps View Post
PENN just crashed thru my stop loss.... Out for the time being.

Still in GAN & DKNG, but DKNG stop loss, very close now too.
I think DKNG is a long term hold more than anything, but if you're not comfortable you're not comfortable. My motto is dump any stock that keeps you awake!
Thanks from:
10-08-2020, 18:35   #4209
Dave1711

DKNG will likely drop a bit over the next few days, one of the college conferences cancelled their football season today.

Which could start a domino effect with the other conferences.

College football is a huge part of their market. Probably going to pick some up on the dip myself.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
10-08-2020, 18:45   #4210
One More Toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1711 View Post
DKNG will likely drop a bit over the next few days, one of the college conferences cancelled their football season today.

Which could start a domino effect with the other conferences.

College football is a huge part of their market. Probably going to pick some up on the dip myself.
Thanks for this, was looking for news but couldn't find any
(2) thanks from:
11-08-2020, 09:11   #4211
Underground

Sold the rest of my units in the S&P 500 tracker this morning. It's pretty much right where it was pre covid crash.

The way the market is right now it wouldn't surprise me if it continues to climb but I just didn't feel comfortable holding it anymore. Will buy back in on the inevitable fall.
11-08-2020, 09:14   #4212
in2dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground View Post
Sold the rest of my units in the S&P 500 tracker this morning. It's pretty much right where it was pre covid crash.

The way the market is right now it wouldn't surprise me if it continues to climb but I just didn't feel comfortable holding it anymore. Will buy back in on the inevitable fall.
I agree with you, i will only hold some banks, aviation and green energy stocks. Will sell everything else this week
Thanks from:
11-08-2020, 09:28   #4213
Augeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosterman71 View Post
4d Pharma, which were tipped here a couple of months back, up 30% today at time of writing. Whats happening there?

Edit: +44% now
No official news, there are multiple pots on the stove though so there could be some news due shortly.

The Covid treatment trial in ongoing a few weeks now and it's a 14 day dosing period ............ the covid aspect is a small part of the future though for 4d but it might surpass that viewpoint given how Covid is changing our lives currently.

I'd not be surprised to see a retrace though ........ DYOR etc etc etc
Thanks from:
11-08-2020, 09:29   #4214
outonawing

Quote:
Originally Posted by in2dark View Post
I agree with you, i will only hold some banks, aviation and green energy stocks. Will sell everything else this week
If I was anticipating an impending crash, think I'd be happier holding the likes of MMM, Unilever or Coca Cola than Banks or airlines.
11-08-2020, 09:47   #4215
in2dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by outonawing View Post
If I was anticipating an impending crash, think I'd be happier holding the likes of MMM, Unilever or Coca Cola than Banks or airlines.
I mainly have banks that have significant income from investment banking. Airlines and airports is my bet since i missed the tech rally. Clean energy is my long term hold.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion