Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Flightradar24 (and other trackers) Thread Part IV

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Avro Lancaster C-GVRA, currently flying north towards Toronto.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Had the pleasure of seeing this flying a couple of years ago.

https://youtu.be/I7UWoNbfJzc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Nice to hear the sound of a Dauphin in my neck of the woods, especially since the retirement of the IAC ones. They often flew over my house to and from Baldonnel.

EI-PRO was the above mentioned helicopter, which flew over a few minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭dkd21

Trebor176 wrote: »
    Nice to hear the sound of a Dauphin in my neck of the woods, especially since the retirement of the IAC ones. They often flew over my house to and from Baldonnel.

EI-PRO was the above mentioned helicopter, which flew over a few minutes ago.

Noticed that one too Trebor , fantastic sound as always from the Dauphin :cool:

I miss them yokes. I always said if I ever won the lottery I’d get an Alouette running....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭TPMP

Would someone mind checking which plane was landing / taking off at Shannon at around 6 this morning? Heard it fly over the house and thought it sounded a bit different to the usual flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Teebor15

TPMP wrote: »
    Would someone mind checking which plane was landing / taking off at Shannon at around 6 this morning? Heard it fly over the house and thought it sounded a bit different to the usual flights.

0552 - AT43 Landed
    0557 - A310 Departed
    0606 - B763 Landed
    0611 - B734 Landed
    0618 - B763 Departed

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭TPMP

Teebor15 wrote: »
    0552 - AT43 Landed
    0557 - A310 Departed
    0606 - B763 Landed
    0611 - B734 Landed
    0618 - B763 Departed

Thanks, I'd say it was almost certainly the A310.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭xper

Noisy aircarft passing overhead south Dublin in the low cloud caused me to check FR24 - identified as a Boeing 737-7HJ(BBJ) departing eastbound from Baldonnel. No reg or other information available. Unusual visitor or a misidentified regular troop transport flight?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

xper wrote: »
    Noisy aircarft passing overhead south Dublin in the low cloud caused me to check FR24 - identified as a Boeing 737-7HJ(BBJ) departing eastbound from Baldonnel. No reg or other information available. Unusual visitor or a misidentified regular troop transport flight?

N737AT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

marno21 wrote: »
    N737AT.

What was with that? Landed for about an hour only

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

vicwatson wrote: »
    What was with that? Landed for about an hour only

Splash and dash I assume

N737AT has an interesting history (thank you Google) but it’s odd that it went into a military airfield, IMO

What was the prop that just flew over Dublin? I thought it was an AN-12, as it was loud enough.

Nothing on FR24.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

What was the prop that just flew over Dublin? I thought it was an AN-12, as it was loud enough.

Nothing on FR24.

Have to say my usage of FR24 is becoming less and less. I find, I’m using https://tar1090.adsbexchange.com/ more and more because of it greater coverage than FR24 and the blooming ads are way less intrusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    Have to say my usage of FR24 is becoming less and less. I find, I’m using https://tar1090.adsbexchange.com/ more and more because of it greater coverage than FR24 and the blooming ads are way less intrusive.

I got rid of FR24 and now use only ADSBExchange.

Maybe not one spotted often, but a DC-8 flew over the north of Ireland a while ago, and has just descended towards Prestwick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

Maybe not one spotted often, but a DC-8 flew over the north of Ireland a while ago, and has just descended towards Prestwick.

N782SP of Samaritan's Purse, from Piedmont Triad International Airport (KGSO) to Prestwick.

EchoIndia wrote: »
    N782SP of Samaritan's Purse, from Piedmont Triad International Airport (KGSO) to Prestwick.

I thought it might have been Samaritan's Purse. Thanks for confirming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

I saw a screenshot on twitter a few weeks back showing more DC8's flying than A380's. Due to the crash in oil prices and the increased need for freighters, there were a few DC8's taken out of the desert and put back in the air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

FR905 STN-ORK holding at Cork due to wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Fr905 still up there. Must be windy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BZ

Fr905 still up there. Must be windy enough.

28knots gusting 42 at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I remember some years back flying into Charleroi with Ryanair, the weather was bad, real bad, so windy.

We were circling for what seemed like ages then the pilot said we'd be making 1 attempt at landing then diverting to eindhoven, my gf, now wife, who was a really bad flyer asked why we'd been circling all this time, told her was burning off all excess fuel as it would make it easier for emergency services when we crash, we were there for 3 nights and she didn't speak to me for 2 :pac::pac:

Christ its gone around again. would it not be better off diverting. the weather isnt gonna change any time soon.

scudzilla wrote: »
    I remember some years back flying into Charleroi with Ryanair, the weather was bad, real bad, so windy.

We were circling for what seemed like ages then the pilot said we'd be making 1 attempt at landing then diverting to eindhoven, my gf, now wife, who was a really bad flyer asked why we'd been circling all this time, told her was burning off all excess fuel as it would make it easier for emergency services when we crash, we were there for 3 nights and she didn't speak to me for 2 :pac::pac:

Lol brilliant.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

A very long time ago, (Bac 1-11 days) my (elderly) parents, who were already nervous flyers, came over from the UK on a Ryanair flight from Luton, and going back, they tried 2 approaches to Luton, but could not get down due to fog, and eventually, they flew down and held near Gatwick, which they could see, but for some reason, they didn't land. After quite some time in the hold, a very foreign voice came on to the intercom, and said "the weather has improved at Luton, and we think we have enough fuel to get back there and land". They went back to Luton, and clattered it on to the runway in what sounded like marginal conditions. It took us 10 years to get them back on to an aircraft again.

A Romanian pilot, who's limited English usage didn't recognise that his "think" was interpreted very differently back in the cabin from the way he meant it.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

That be a ROMBAC 1-11...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

That be a ROMBAC 1-11...

Indeed, finest converters of fuel to noise that ever graced Dublin, but I suspect the modern generations have never heard of them, it was 30 or so years ago.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Was he Romanian ? Or Capt Seki who was actually Irish

Advertisement