Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Insurance for water based business

• 18-04-2020 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, I'm looking to get insurance for a waterbased business idea, any insurance broker you can think of that will quote.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Oh boy, join the club and be prepared to shell out huge money. Most underwriters won't even issue a policy and most of my clients have had to get out of state policies.

What's the idea exactly? Does it involve members of the public or is it club based? If it's a club, you may be able to get coverage at a half decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ukelely

I can highly recommend pembroke insurance based in dublin, they have given me a great service and costs for all my businesses including when i had a bouncy castle hire company, ask for graham or paul when you call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

See what representative groups are in your field. EG children's play centres have PALI (Play Activity & Leisure Ireland). Possibly they are within your your field too. They negotiated a group insurance scheme which include their own health and safety routines (exceed minimum requirements) and this saved them a minimum of 40% on premiums. One member saved over 70% https://extra.ie/2019/10/19/news/irish-news/funny-bones-activity-centre-insurance

Anyone in an area like this will do well to join a representative group

Advertisement