Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,114 ✭✭✭✭DvB

TRS30 wrote: »
    Finishing up on a half day and heading to my sister's place in Wicklow. Last minute decision, just the 5 of us. Been a tough week so need a change of scenery for a couple of days and some relaxing family time.

Have a good one guys and lets hope the weather stay nice :)

Enjoy!

I have the joy of going home to construct a new Ikea desk & storage units for my relocated home office... which after the week I've had I need like a hole in the top of my head... if only there was something like christmas FM to keep me entertained in the background :)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

DvB wrote: »
    Enjoy!

I have the joy of going home to construct a new Ikea desk & storage units for my relocated home office... which after the week I've had I need like a hole in the top of my head... if only there was something like christmas FM to keep me entertained in the background :)

Yea, is always a bit of a worry when you go down to the collection area and the item is in three boxes :eek: Hope it didn't take too long!!

Yea, is always a bit of a worry when you go down to the collection area and the item is in three boxes :eek: Hope it didn't take too long!!

Na, threw the stuff together in about an hour. handy enough to be fair. Sorting out the IT stuff afterwards took longer in fact.

Though one of the drawers in the desk had its precut holes in the wrong spot so the crappy screw sections didnt marry properly, meaning I needed some wood adhesive to fix the parts together.
    We had 2 of the same storage units so I checked both to see if I'd done something wrong & yep, error in manufacture & theres no way was I going back over there (loooong story!)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Na, threw the stuff together in about an hour. handy enough to be fair. Sorting out the IT stuff afterwards took longer in fact.

Though one of the drawers in the desk had its precut holes in the wrong spot so the crappy screw sections didnt marry properly, meaning I needed some wood adhesive to fix the parts together.
    We had 2 of the same storage units so I checked both to see if I'd done something wrong & yep, error in manufacture & theres no way was I going back over there (loooong story!)

Reminds me of when we got a cot for Elf1 and the shop wanted €20 to assemble it so I took it flat pack and did it myself. One of the holes was in the wrong place so took the thing apart and started again about three times before realised it was a manufacturing error :mad:

Reminds me of when we got a cot for Elf1 and the shop wanted €20 to assemble it so I took it flat pack and did it myself. One of the holes was in the wrong place so took the thing apart and started again about three times before realised it was a manufacturing error :mad:

Been there, done that.

So easy to think you've made a mistake with these things, when in reality if you follow the instructions step by step & dont rush it its hard to go wrong unless there's a genuine manufacturing error, of which there are many in cheapo flatpack furniture unfortunately. IKEA seems to be the worst I've come across though.

• Advertisement

Been there, done that.

So easy to think you've made a mistake with these things, when in reality if you follow the instructions step by step & dont rush it its hard to go wrong unless there's a genuine manufacturing error, of which there are many in cheapo flatpack furniture unfortunately. IKEA seems to be the worst I've come across though.

I must be lucky with them as (touch wood) my experiences so far have been Ok, no major issues with the quality and everything been in the right place. I do usually end up with the odd extra nut, bolt etc however I reckon they throw a couple of extras in as people loss them during assembly.

Today I made an appointment to collect my wedding dress :) I'll be a bag of nerves but I'm excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Today I made an appointment to collect my wedding dress :) I'll be a bag of nerves but I'm excited!

Exciting and worrying times Eskie. I’m sure all will be fine. Best wishes:)

Another hectic week done! Yet again has flown by and August is on the horizon :eek: A quiet weekend to look forward :)

Have a great weekend folks and catch you all on the other side.....

Another hectic week done! Yet again has flown by and August is on the horizon :eek: A quiet weekend to look forward :)

Have a great weekend folks and catch you all on the other side.....

Enjoy man, know the feeling!

• Advertisement

PaulT21 wrote: »
    Exciting and worrying times Eskie. I’m sure all will be fine. Best wishes:)

Thank you! Today was a great day, I felt very comfortable in the shop, and I skipped out the door with my dress :D
    With friends and family having postponed their weddings, we're just going to take whatever comes our way. We have the ball rolling with the legal stuff and our rings so we're prepared for even just having the two of us and witnesses.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend, it's a lovely day here in the West. I'm wandering around the garden with the pets, and Lyric FM's Movies & Musicals is playing through the window :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sounds lovely! :)

Another week done and extra special this week as off on our holliers tomorrow :)

Sunny Donegal for a week with the extended family. Big 6 bed house in the middle of nowhere! Lots of food, booze, games (for the bad weather) and hopefully lots of outdoor activates.

Place has wifi so might be on however planning some much need screen detox time so if not, have a great week guys and by time I'm back we'll be into the first month of an official Christmas event (go BT!) :D

Another week done and extra special this week as off on our holliers tomorrow :)

Sunny Donegal for a week with the extended family. Big 6 bed house in the middle of nowhere! Lots of food, booze, games (for the bad weather) and hopefully lots of outdoor activates.

Place has wifi so might be on however planning some much need screen detox time so if not, have a great week guys and by time I'm back we'll be into the first month of an official Christmas event (go BT!) :D

Have a good one man!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

You are welcome to Gods Country. If you're looking for sunshine, I hope you packed it:pac: Wet and humid here tonight. Enjoy:D

Finishing up for a weeks holidays in the next hour or so. Havent had more than a long w/e off since last Christmas so looking forward to the break immensely, rain or shine.

I dont expect to be in here 'that' much but will make the effort for the weekly countdown next Friday, but doubt it'll be an early morning update :D

Enjoy the weekend y'all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Finishing up for a weeks holidays in the next hour or so. Havent had more than a long w/e off since last Christmas so looking forward to the break immensely, rain or shine.

I dont expect to be in here 'that' much but will make the effort for the weekly countdown next Friday, but doubt it'll be an early morning update :D

Enjoy the weekend y'all.

Enjoy DvB - we'll do our best to keep this place going in your absence :D

Enjoy the weekend y'all.

Have a good one mate, R&R and family time, you cant beat it :)

Also signing off for the weekend. Only the two days off this time however if the weather stays like it is now then happy days :)

Have a good one guys and catch up Monday.

Happy Friday everyone! Hope ye are enjoying the sunshine :cool:

• Advertisement

Happy holidays, DvB! :)

Posy wrote: »

Thanks Posy, shame its Costa del Connaught instead of Lanzarote though... Still, beats working!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »

I know this isn’t in anyway relating to Christmas and it’s in relation to DvBs week off. But gosh damn it it should be Merry Christmas DvB!!

Welcome to the West, DvB :) enjoy your time off!

Loughc wrote: »
    I know this isn’t in anyway relating to Christmas and it’s in relation to DvBs week off. But gosh damn it it should be Merry Christmas DvB!!
    It will be soon enough! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,795 ✭✭✭Jude13

Thanks Posy, shame its Costa del Connaught instead of Lanzarote though... Still, beats working!

Have a good one DvB, Costa del Connaught sounds great to me.

Finishing up for the day and on annual leave next week. Not away, some DIY and settling kids into school & Montessori.

Will be around next week however not as much as usual.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and weather improves a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

An instagram page I follow has put up adds for Christmas Evening Boxes to preorder.....getting nearer Guys....

Driving in to work this morning at just before 7 & it was a beatiful clear, crisp, autumnal morning. Love when you get a start to a week like that, utterly gorgeous feel to it. Shame it'll go downhill but still, sometimes its the little things that can really give you a lift.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Driving in to work this morning at just before 7 & it was a beatiful clear, crisp, autumnal morning. Love when you get a start to a week like that, utterly gorgeous feel to it. Shame it'll go downhill but still, sometimes its the little things that can really give you a lift.

I was out walking the dog at that time, it was 10 degrees it was the first time since March I had to wear a hoodie while walking him in the morning. It was lovely being out in such a fresh bright morning. Deffo wakes you up!

Advertisement