Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CSF'S 38 Free Hit League 2020/21

• 17-07-2020 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,756 ✭✭✭✭

Gonna run a league next year which similar to my LMS league will be done off the site and won't take up one of your (and more importantly my:D) league spaces.

Like Ronseal, it does exactly what it says on the tin.

In GW1 you will have 100 million to choose a 15 player squad (and also a captain) of your choosing. On the day prior to every gameweek (we will look into situations like the current ones where gameweeks follow one day after the other later) you will select a team that fit the price range on that date. Obviously if you forget to do it your team will remain the same as the one, the week prior. In GW2 you will have 100.1 million. In GW38 you will have (counts in head) 103.7 million. Nobody retains any value in any of their players so everyone has the same budget to work with every week. There may be rules that need to be come up with later, leave that with me, but above is the basis of it.

Given that this will involve a bit more admin work than LMS (and I'd be lying if I claimed I was a major contributor to that in the first place, fair play to the people who do that) I'm gonna limit it to 10 people (including myself)

30 euro each. 230 for first place. 70 for 2nd.

Given that I'll need people who will post on the specific day every week for 38 weeks, I'm only accepting people I know to be regulars. I apologise in advance if I'm not familiar with you and therefore don't respond to the PM but there is a reason behind it. Please don't hate me. I'd accept you all if I could (look at me assuming there will actually even be interest)

Paypal only please. First come first served other than the above. Please PM me before sending money just incase league is already full.

Given that the forum is already heavily polluted by leagues set up by me, we may look at finding a platform for posting our picks, other than a thread here. We can look at that later I suppose.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Boots234

I would be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 32,756 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Boots234 wrote: »
    I would be interested

Pm me and we can sort finances

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'm in, PayPal?

I would say you could potentially be creating an awful lot of work for yourself by increasing the team value each week. At the end of this season my team value will be 104.7m, thats after keeping players and getting their price rises before cashing out. You will probably have a situation where I am picking a team worth 103m in GW 29 but I only have a team value of 102m, so I have to screenshot and then go and calculate what it earns that week.

Green&Red wrote: »
    I'm in, PayPal?

I would say you could potentially be creating an awful lot of work for yourself by increasing the team value each week. At the end of this season my team value will be 104.7m, thats after keeping players and getting their price rises before cashing out. You will probably have a situation where I am picking a team worth 103m in GW 29 but I only have a team value of 102m, so I have to screenshot and then go and calculate what it earns that week.
    PayPal.

Pm me

CSF wrote: »
    PayPal.

Pm me

Have your deets
    Gone to you there

• Advertisement

Still a few places left

I’d normally be in but the time difference will scupper me as I’d need to be putting my team in 7-9 hours before kickoff in some GW’s.

You love the admin. Could you not think of a more complicated competition ?

klopparama wrote: »
    I’d normally be in but the time difference will scupper me as I’d need to be putting my team in 7-9 hours before kickoff in some GW’s.

You love the admin. Could you not think of a more complicated competition ?

I don’t know your exact timezone but you’d have the entirety of Friday until the price rise the day prior to deadline the same as everyone else.

Outside of weeks where 2 gameweeks end and start within a day of each other, the idea is that all picks would have to be in the day prior to gameweek. Increasing the need to have some kind of playing bench.

Well if you think it’s a goer then I’m in too.

Suppose it’s a team we will all pick in a few minutes anyway.

I’ve had a similar idea (Brand new weekly team) but without the budget increasing.

But yeah if there are still places I’ll take one if that’s ok.

klopparama wrote: »
    Well if you think it’s a goer then I’m in too.

Suppose it’s a team we will all pick in a few minutes anyway.

I’ve had a similar idea (Brand new weekly team) but without the budget increasing.

But yeah if there are still places I’ll take one if that’s ok.

I’m flexible enough about the budget increasing, I just thought it could be really tricky to pick another 100 million team at the end of the season unless we’re lucky enough to get another Greenwood.

I will run a poll between the 10 entrants on that when we have them and will change that if we get a 6/10 majority.

You probably already have my PayPal details, if not PM me and we sort it

• Advertisement

I wasn’t suggesting it (just saying I’d thought of a similar competition myself).

Don’t go changing rules.

Go with what you have in your head.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

I’m in if room?

patmac wrote: »
    I’m in if room?

Yeah pm me or send the money if you already have my details

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Took me far to long to get my head around this.

FH every week. Value increases. Post your team weekly.

I'd be up for it CSF. Would next week be acceptable to send you on the funds if deemed a regular?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Sounds like an interesting concept. I’m in if you still have spaces of course.

So far I have:
    CSF
    Boots234
    wrestlemaniac
    klopparama
    Green&Red
    AdpRo

So 4 more spots left, lads who have expressed interest, PM me to arrange payment but it is first come first served in terms of sending me the money

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I guess I'm on the ignore list :pac:

I guess I'm on the ignore list :pac:
    I didn't get a PM? You are definitely not on the ignore list. Nobody has been ignored.

PM me and we can sort funds for sure. It would be first come first served in terms of payment though.

3 spots leff

Bump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Interesting idea so count me in if there's room? I have some thoughts on this below . . . .

By the sounds of it you intend to do all this manually so wont have the site to ensure certain criteria is met. I think you could be taking on a lot of of admin work to check the standard FF rules:
    15 players (must be 2 GK, 5 DF, 5 MF, 3 FW)
    No more than 3 players from one team
    Team total does not exceed allowed budget

You also then then need to go and check the scores for up to 150 players (10 teams) every game week and manually calculate each teams score (factoring in auto subs too).

If you are doing this manually I'd suggest you get players to put their teams in an agreed excel template (player name, club, position, price, etc) when sending their teams to you so this can be checked more easily by you and also reduces the risk of error for players (nothing worse than exceeding the budget by 0.1 due to a miscalculation). Teams should also be posted (by players) on the thread for transparency.

Do you intend to advise players if they submit an invalid team (ie. too many players from one team or budget exceeded) so they can re-submit their team? Or do you intend to accept the team each player provides and then penalise them with points penalties if they submit an invalid team?

Would you consider getting players to create a 2nd FF team (frowned upon I know) where transfer hits are excluded purely for this league? It would reduce the amount of admin work for you and risk of error for players so all you'd need to do is check the team values the day before a GW starts and exclude any transfer hits from weekly scores.

Do you intend to allow the other chips (BB and TC) to be played?

Interesting idea so count me in if there's room? I have some thoughts on this below . . . .

By the sounds of it you intend to do all this manually so wont have the site to ensure certain criteria is met. I think you could be taking on a lot of of admin work to check the standard FF rules:
    15 players (must be 2 GK, 5 DF, 5 MF, 3 FW)
    No more than 3 players from one team
    Team total does not exceed allowed budget

You also then then need to go and check the scores for up to 150 players (10 teams) every game week and manually calculate each teams score (factoring in auto subs too).

If you are doing this manually I'd suggest you get players to put their teams in an agreed excel template (player name, club, position, price, etc) when sending their teams to you so this can be checked more easily by you and also reduces the risk of error for players (nothing worse than exceeding the budget by 0.1 due to a miscalculation). Teams should also be posted (by players) on the thread for transparency.

Do you intend to advise players if they submit an invalid team (ie. too many players from one team or budget exceeded) so they can re-submit their team? Or do you intend to accept the team each player provides and then penalise them with points penalties if they submit an invalid team?

Would you consider getting players to create a 2nd FF team (frowned upon I know) where transfer hits are excluded purely for this league? It would reduce the amount of admin work for you and risk of error for players so all you'd need to do is check the team values the day before a GW starts and exclude any transfer hits from weekly scores.

Do you intend to allow the other chips (BB and TC) to be played?

There will definitely be a format for posting your team, and definitely will be a penalty for accidentally going over budget.

I don’t intend to put chips in, no.

Pm me to arrange payment because there’s only 2 spots left

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

CSF wrote: »
    There will definitely be a format for posting your team, and definitely will be a penalty for accidentally going over budget.

I don’t intend to put chips in, no.

Pm me to arrange payment because there’s only 2 spots left

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

I thought I had paid.

patmac wrote: »
    I thought I had paid.

You have. I still have 1 spot left for this I believe. Would like to ideally fill that before I take my not so well earned break for the off-season.

Ah Jesus, nobody wants to sign up and let me finally take my post-season break :)

Ok, this goes live for Gameweek 1 next week

CSF
    Boots234
    wrestlemaniac
    klopparama
    Green&Red
    AdpRo
    Patmac
    Shanotheslayer
    Slimshady007

There is still actually 1 spot left if anyone wants to join this PM me to arrange payment

Rules are fairly simple with the budget rising .1 each week.

No chips included so its just 38 gameweeks plus a captain each week.

To ensure that nobody is pushed for time, you can submit your team at any stage during the week before the gameweek deadline, however the caveat is that your team has to fall into the budget that week as of the final day before the gameweek begins.

Most weeks that will be a Friday, however obviously on Friday gameweeks that will be on a Thursday. During the Christmas gameweeks there will obviously be less time so people will have to be on the ball.

The post can be edited at any stage before the gameweek deadline, however the penalty for any edit to the post after the gameweek deadline will be a 50 point deduction.

Inevitably, someone is going to make a mistake, although I would urge you to do your best not to. It will make my life a hell of alot easier.

*If you go over budget, or include more players from a team than you are allowed, then essentially your cheapest offending player will be downgraded to the highest owned next available player in that position.
    *If there are no eligible players available for the price your cheapest was, it will push onto your 2nd cheapest player.
    *If you've 2 eligible cheapest players at the same price, it will be the lesser owned player that is downgraded.

Does anyone have any questions or have anything that they believe I've completely missed in the rules? I will post my team first and if everyone can follow that same format (it will include the player prices to make life easier for me) for the season I think this will actually work easy enough with less admin than it sounds like. I assume we want to do this in one master thread similar to LMS rather than spam the forum up with weekly threads?

If people are messy with things then it can create more admin, but I think with the people in the league all being regulars and reputable posters I don't expect that to actually be the case.

Obviously if you forget to do your team in any gameweek you will get zero points. Your team doesn't revert to the previous one. That would be unmanageable since team values are flying up all the time especially in the early stages and you'd be unlikely to ever make the budget (or even be particularly close to it considering we pick players that we expect to do well in one particular gameweek, and players that do well usually rise quickly).

Gotta make sure you're on the ball for it.

I can see someone picking their team for this and then hitting confirm transfers!

Hope its not me!

Looking forward to this

• Advertisement

No takers for that final spot?

Advertisement