Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone use 500px ?

• 30-05-2020 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

I am in the midst of downloading all my flickr data, and thinking of dumpling flickr and using 500px, they are much better value.
    But they don't seem to have as good a navigation menu or granting access to photos for certain users ...
    If anyone has good experience with 500px let me know, thanks...

Flickr really have me by the balls ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭manna452121

I was thinking of doing the same until I read this https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/500px.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

TomSweeney wrote: »
    I am in the midst of downloading all my flickr data, and thinking of dumpling flickr and using 500px, they are much better value.
    But they don't seem to have as good a navigation menu or granting access to photos for certain users ...
    If anyone has good experience with 500px let me know, thanks...

Flickr really have me by the balls ..

I thought it was closed down a while back, I remember setting an account up and same for irista (canon thing) ...don’t think I ever used either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭SixtaWalthers

I am using Flickr and no don't it's a great choice 500px is also an option. Actually, I have used it to host my infographic before 1-2 years. It's interface is not much user-friendly but still it is high authority platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭pigeonhouse

500px is great for inspiration, I'd normally post my best stuff there and use Flickr as as place where I'd upload anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭Adrian.Sadlier

I use both Flickr & 500px. I use Flickr as it is easier to link to bulletin boards but am limited to 1000 photos.

500px gives me better exposure. I don't use either for backup

• Advertisement
Advertisement