Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guns N' Roses

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Dr. Feelgood

I choose to believe that CD will actually come out in march. I'd say it'll rock.

• Was at the concert last year - was great - heard they are kicking off another european tour in Feb starting in Russia? Any idea if / when they will be back here?
    Will people here just buy the album straight off or wait for someone to review it or to listen to a friends or download b4 buying?
    People buy cds without hearing most of the songs on it and often end up with a cd they mostly dont like. I hate the idea of buying the new GNR cd and it turns out to be crap - and that they are just making money off of an old name
    What do ye GnR fans reckon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Due to my opposition to major labels I'll be downloading it anyway.

• JC 2K3 wrote:
    Due to my opposition to major labels I'll be downloading it anyway.

I agree with you but if its good I can justify this cd as an exception - I would love to see a proper rock cd in the top 10 instead of some stupid manufactured pop act.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I might, just might buy it. But not straight off anyway, I very rarely do that.

If ya download now, doesnt that count in the Top 10? Not that makes the slightest bit of difference anyway. Can just imagine some fool saying "Oh that album you like isnt in the Top 10". The tears that would follow:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I agree with you but if its good I can justify this cd as an exception - I would love to see a proper rock cd in the top 10 instead of some stupid manufactured pop act.
    I've isolated myself enough from charts and pop-culture not to really care anymore personally.
    Mushy wrote:
    If ya download now, doesnt that count in the Top 10?
    Only if you do it legally ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

He was spotted in Las Vegas a few days ago (last weekend) having a meal, apparently he was there to lay down the final vocals. I must ask what he was doing in London though, he spent almost a month there after the gig at Wembley (plus he used Michael Owen's hellicopter for the week to fly down from other venues in England to London) and he was spotted at Madonna's Birthday bash, and that was the end of August

Whatever the new album sounds like, cant be worse then Girls Aloud 'I Think We're Alone Now', heard that on the radio and nearly got sick

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Whatever the new album sounds like, cant be worse then Girls Aloud 'I Think We're Alone Now', heard that on the radio and nearly got sick

That is some comparison. Comparing them(kinda) deserves an award actually. Im no big fan of GNR, but Im sure the album will be good enough. No need to fear it being worse than something like Girls Aloud

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jamiecasey3737

Nightrain wrote: »
    That has to be crap. Why would guns play in armagh ? Wheres the proof ?

Finally got to the root of this rumour, there is a story on armaghchronicle.com which says this was a long-standing rumour about Armagh, but the truth is Iron Maiden were at a wedding in Keady [there are pictures on the site] and were mistaken for Guns n' Roses by locals, spreading a rumour which has lasted over 25 years. Maiden did not play a show, they went to the wedding in Keady then the reception in Cavan afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Finally got to the root of this rumour, there is a story on armaghchronicle.com which says this was a long-standing rumour about Armagh, but the truth is Iron Maiden were at a wedding in Keady [there are pictures on the site] and were mistaken for Guns n' Roses by locals, spreading a rumour which has lasted over 25 years. Maiden did not play a show, they went to the wedding in Keady then the reception in Cavan afterwards.

Only took you 13vyears!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 jamiecasey3737

Yes, been striving daily for 13 years.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,948 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Thought it was 14 years of silence, 14 years of pain.....

Advertisement