Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Jigsaws

• 19-12-2019 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Anyone here have an interest in jigsaws?

What do you do with them when they've been completed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

We break 'em up and lend them to a friend. When they come back, we return them to the charity shop from whence they came. :) I know a lady who glued one together and made a picture for her wall. That's not for me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Love a good jigsaw.

When finished, I break them into large sections and put them back in the box, ready to be quickly re-made if ever the need arises. And if it doesn't, I break them up completely and make them again.

If they're not challenging enough, I try making them without reference to the picture on the box ... or face down! I could never understand anyone sticking them on board and hanging them on the wall.

You've reminded me that I need to reclaim the jigsaws of my youth from my parents' house ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Some make nice wall art

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Break them up then rework at a later date.

Have you seen the online version?

I knit instead now but when a child had a few jigsaws and would alternate them over and over again. Same challenge each time which is what it is about. rather than the finished image as a one off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

As if by magic: went around to some friends yesterday for a pre-Christmas dinner ... and came home with a vintage jigsaw! That's me sorted for NYE. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

As if by magic: went around to some friends yesterday for a pre-Christmas dinner ... and came home with a vintage jigsaw! That's me sorted for NYE. :D

lol... I stopped doing jigsaws when I started knitting for good causes. It fulfilled the same need as puzzles but no one benefitted from jigsaws..

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

I allow myself a couple over Christmas and look out in Charity shops during the year for choice ones in case Santa forgets. In the times we are in now, I am down to my last one and wonder whether to offer to neighbours? Friends seem to have their own stash! Usually once done they go to charity shop unless more than one piece missing. They seem to be a Christmas pastime and appear in several shops around that time but I think Art/Craft/Hobby shops usually have them but sadly closed now.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Coincidentallly, I came across this earlier. I'm sure it can be got off the internet (for a pretty penny, I'd wager...).

x9bShqC.png

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

I see Argos are trading again and have jigsaws in their catalogue. But you need to check/book item in advance.

Advertisement