Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post newspaper delivery service

• 07-04-2020 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone signed up to this? Filled in the inquiry form today but yet to hear back from them. We're in Mayo so we're not eligible for News Delivery as things stand.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 315 ✭✭coinop

Is there a reason why you desire a physical paper with yesterday's news rather than getting your news online? You're posting on Boards.ie so you obviously know how to browse the internet. I hope this question doesn't come across as snarky, I'm genuinely curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

coinop wrote: »
    Is there a reason why you desire a physical paper with yesterday's news rather than getting your news online? You're posting on Boards.ie so you obviously know how to browse the internet. I hope this question doesn't come across as snarky, I'm genuinely curious.

It's for my dad mostly, newspapers have always been part of his daily routine. I could take or leave the physical paper myself.
    Got a boilerplate email back from them saying
    At the moment, we are working hard to finalise the logistics to fulfil this service in the coming days and weeks. Your requested has been received, and rest assured it will be processed as soon as possible.
    so sounds like it could be a while before they're arriving on the doorstep

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I think they expect this to be up and running this week. There is a bit of organising in getting papers to offices for 6am, addressed and sorted to routes.

This is a great service especially for elderly people, cocooning who like to browse the papers with a cup of tea.

LeoB wrote: »
    I think they expect this to be up and running this week. There is a bit of organising in getting papers to offices for 6am, addressed and sorted to routes.

This is a great service especially for elderly people, cocooning who like to browse the papers with a cup of tea.

Cheers. Have a nagging irrational feeling lockdown will be over before the papers start arriving, given the way these things sometimes work in Ireland...

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

I ordered it for my dad €34 for the month was to start today. I forgot to ask him if he got it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Signed up for it last week as well, have heard nothing back apart from the reply you got as well.

Loafing Oaf is there not a local shop that might deliver to your Dad ?

Cheers. Have a nagging irrational feeling lockdown will be over before the papers start arriving, given the way these things sometimes work in Ireland...

An Post have worked hard at this and other bits to help during the crisis. So Id say otwill work.
    Sinus pain wrote: »
    I ordered it for my dad €34 for the month was to start today. I forgot to ask him if he got it.

These will be treated like gold dust and will get priority treatment from staff.

(Being a postie I would say that:))

Shelflife wrote: »
    Signed up for it last week as well, have heard nothing back apart from the reply you got as well.

Loafing Oaf is there not a local shop that might deliver to your Dad ?

Thanks for the feedback. Not that I can find. Asked about in the Mayo wanted/required thread but no reply

Id say there will be no problem once the Postman gets them ,Im just wondering how they will get the papers to the sorting offices on time to make that days post.

Thanks for the feedback. Not that I can find. Asked about in the Mayo wanted/required thread but no reply

Give his local shop a call and see if they will deliver, plenty of shops doing deliveries now .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

I signed up for the An Post delivery a week and a half ago. I just noticed I've been charged €19 60 this morning on my card but I've yet to actually receive any papers. Does anyone know if this service is prepay? Maybe somebody else is getting the newspapers. I've sent an email but just on the off chance somebody knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭eguiney

BuzzFish wrote:
    I signed up for the An Post delivery a week and a half ago. I just noticed I've been charged €19 60 this morning on my card but I've yet to actually receive any papers. Does anyone know if this service is prepay? Maybe somebody else is getting the newspapers. I've sent an email but just on the off chance somebody knows.

The Irish Times service is prepay (for the calendar month) so this might be the same.

BuzzFish wrote: »

I’m the same. The system is set up to pay a month in advance. I’d say they’ve taken the rest of the month and then at the start of next month will charge the month in advance

I just got a text to say the papers will start today to text them back to let them know if it arrives

I just got a text to say the papers will start today to text them back to let them know if it arrives

I’ve heard nothing at all apart from the original we are very busy and will get back to you email.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭BuzzFish

I’ve heard nothing at all apart from the original we are very busy and will get back to you email.

Mine arrived today after getting that txt this morning to confirm.

Yes my dads arrived this morning he was delighted so he was - it was before 8 when his arrived

Cheers. Have a nagging irrational feeling lockdown will be over before the papers start arriving

Our postman just told me he hadn't started delivering papers yet and hadn't been told anything about the service, so looks like it could end up like this..

• Registered Users Posts: 35 galwayboss

Was waiting 3 weeks and still no papers . I then signed up with the Indo home delivery service reach home delivery and got the papers delivered the next day there weekend service is great papers outside the door each morning when I got up. With the An Post offer the weekend papers were delivered on the following Monday.

Yes my dads arrived this morning he was delighted so he was - it was before 8 when his arrived

Odd, according to this deliveries only started yesterday:
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/an-post-and-the-irish-times-team-up-to-deliver-news-to-your-home-1.4236414

• Advertisement

Got my email yesterday.

Pretty disappointed. No Independent delivery at all. Mondays paper would be delivered on Tues. Local paper delivered the day after publication.

Just cant see how they would be able to get the papers to the rural sorting offices in time to make that days post.

Got my email yesterday.

Pretty disappointed. No Independent delivery at all. Mondays paper would be delivered on Tues. Local paper delivered the day after publication.

Just cant see how they would be able to get the papers to the rural sorting offices in time to make that days post.

Iv heard there were a few issues setting it up, meeting dispatch times but these were sorted out. The printed paper needs to be in system in time to meet distribution, in order to make delivery. Can you order locally and have it delivered by postman?

I know in fairness to An Post this is a high priority service and very omportant to staff and customers. I will enquire tomorrow

I ordered the star not the Irish times - here is my text from Monday as I stated that I received

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Icsics

Took a while to get organised but mt Dad got his examiner this aft. Hes pretty rural so same day delivery is a fantastic service.

Advertisement