Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

Funny Story here

My wifi adapter has been broken on the Xbox for the last 8 months , so basically I've never gotten any updates for Skyrim even though I've put over 200 hours into it and I've never noticed any major bugs , for an elder scrolls game that is :D

Getting a new one tomorrow , so whats the game going to be like after 10 + patches :D

Also any chance I might loose my character ? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Getting a new one tomorrow , so whats the game going to be like after 10 + patches :D

Also any chance I might loose my character ? :eek:

Kill cams and mounted combat! Nice little bonuses.

Doubt you'd have a problem with the character to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

For those who have played the new DLC, can you explore all of morrowind or is it just the one island to the north?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

For those who have played the new DLC, can you explore all of morrowind or is it just the one island to the north?

From what I gathered it's just Solstheim which is separate to Morrowind like in TES:3 you've to use a NPC to get there and to get off the island

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

It crashes quite a bit anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Beyond crashing, is it any good or are quests still fairly generic?

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Beyond crashing, is it any good or are quests still fairly generic?

I've played about 4 -5 hours, and I feel like I have barely scratched the surface of the DLC.

I wasn't impressed by the Dawngaurd DLC, this definitely seems more interesting.

I don't feel short changed with this DLC, but I have only played a small bit yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

So tempted to get this but I must wait until after exams. I spent a full day I should have been studying immersed in Dawnguard and perfecting my house!

Finished the main quests in Dragonborn and found most of the Black Books and done a good few side quests, and its probably about 6 - 8 hours long, depending on how you play.

But, there seems to be tonnes left to do on the island. There are still side quests available, not just crappy ones appearing under miscellaneous, they are proper quests.

Anyways, there appears to be lots left, and I didn't go near crafting the 3 new material types, or the staff crafting.

There is lots of new unique gear, new shouts, to pick up during the main quest, won't say anything specific, and like magical upgrades for sets of skills (for example, Unrelenting force now has a chance to disintegrate an enemy) that comes from reading the black books, and if you are into smithing, you could make even more powerful stuff possibly.

For me, who has already put in over 150 hrs and has a level 70+ character, it was great.

You must have the main quest complete to start the Dragonborn DLC.

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    You must have the main quest complete to start the Dragonborn DLC.

No you don't. I didn't. Granted, I was near the end, I believe I had to just capture Odavawing, but I definitely didn't have the quest finished, and I didn't have the civil war one really started, let alone finished!

Overall, I quite enjoyed it. The story was short, but the extras from the black books, some excellent new shouts (Dragon Aspect rocks!) - it was definitely worth my while. The only disappointment was riding dragons. Kinda pointless and crap unless you want to see Skyrim from above, but it's all but uncontrollable.

• Advertisement

chrislad wrote: »
    No you don't. I didn't.

Sound, I read in a review you had to. I had mine complete, so just assumed it was true.

Ya, totally forgot about the Dragon Riding, as its totally useless, unless you just want to avoid a fight with a dragon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

any pc release date?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Looking forward to being able to pick up Dragonborn, the delay for PC is annoying though.
    any pc release date?

Fairly certain it is still "early 2013".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I'm sure Dawnguard's PC release was almost exactly a month later so in and around the 4th of January. According to UESP only the first two DLCs were to be Xbox exclusives apparently, maybe Hearthfire doesn't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,460 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dragonborn, Hearthfire & Dawnguard releasing on PS3 this February and 50% off for the first week.

http://playstationer.net/2013/01/18/dragonborn-hearthfire-and-dawnguard-available-on-psn-this-february/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Dragonborn, Hearthfire & Dawnguard releasing on PS3 this February and 50% off for the first week.

http://playstationer.net/2013/01/18/dragonborn-hearthfire-and-dawnguard-available-on-psn-this-february/

Any idea how they circumvented the RAM issues from before?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,460 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Grimebox wrote: »
    Any idea how they circumvented the RAM issues from before?

Only explanation is Black Magik

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Downloaded the realistic lighting and Superb-ENB-RL mods, wow it looks like a completely different world.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Just after getting back into Skyrim after I couldn't play online due to the PSN.

Anyway really getting into it again, finished what I thought was the best quest yet in the college of winterhold.

Now to continue and finish the main quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭apache

I tried oblivion and hated it. Then tried skyrim and loved it. Must try oblivion again. Prob just needed to get into the mojo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

oblivion is the bog standard vanilla fantasy

Is there any more DLC planned? I have a few more quests to finish but I've done a good chunk of the game, and have all achievements, and I'd love some more main quests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn DLC will be available on PS3 next month.

Dawnguard and Hearthfire are available on PC and xbox afaik. Dragonborn DLC is released for PC next month..

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Bambi wrote: »
    oblivion is the bog standard vanilla fantasy

I'll probably get slaughtered for it, but I found Skyrim to be just that too.

"Oh noes, [insert ancient evil] is back! You've got to use your [special birthpower that you only just found out you have] to save the world. You'll encounter elves, witches, giants, trolls and all manner of generic fantasy crap on your journey."

Don't get me wrong, Skyrim as a game is fantastic, but its story could hardly be described as anything other than generic fantasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I'll probably get slaughtered for it, but I found Skyrim to be just that too.

"Oh noes, [insert ancient evil] is back! You've got to use your [special birthpower that you only just found out you have] to save the world. You'll encounter elves, witches, giants, trolls and all manner of generic fantasy crap on your journey."

Don't get me wrong, Skyrim as a game is fantastic, but its story could hardly be described as anything other than generic fantasy.

I dont mean in term of the storyline, the story line is always the same, ancient evil, world doomed, only the chosen one can save us. But the environments and general ambience was your bog standard olde medieval fantasy setting that american companies never seem to tire of

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Oblivion > Skyrim for me.

And I've never figured out why.

quarryman wrote: »
    Oblivion > Skyrim for me.

And I've never figured out why.

morrowind is where its at!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

What level should you be around when facing the final main quest?

Im level 27 and mostly melee playing on the toughest difficulty. Found it tough enough just getting to the area and the dragon priest was a pain.

Not looking forward to Alduin without my companion.

Edit: Level 29 actually and i'm at a part where I can't go back but I do have a save from earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

I'd go off and do several other quests and level up a bit if I were you. Mind you, I'm only going back and doing it now after about 250 hours and at level 76!

• Advertisement

tok9 wrote: »
    What level should you be around when facing the final main quest?

Im level 27 and mostly melee playing on the toughest difficulty. Found it tough enough just getting to the area and the dragon priest was a pain.

Not looking forward to Alduin without my companion.

Edit: Level 29 actually and i'm at a part where I can't go back but I do have a save from earlier.

I was way overpowered when I did it, as a result it was not very difficult for me!

Perhaps level up a bit more then give it a blast but don't get too overpowered (which I think is the biggest flaw in the game, can toeasily dominate everything)

Advertisement