Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus going through Headford???

• 18-04-2008 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭

Hiya folks, need last min help, going out to a surprise party tonight and have to be in Headford between 6 and 8 (can't go earlier).
    Bus Eireann leaves too early or too late. Is there a private coach, say to Ballina, leaving 6ish - I vaguely remember a friend getting one..
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Burkes from the Skeff leaves at 5:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Thanks! I don't know Headford well, is Cambells easy enough to find?

It's not really in Headford, you'd want to get off at Cloughanover cross, cross the road and 200m off the main road. You'll be able to see it from the cross.

Thanks a mill!! I would be wanderin' around Headford otherwise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Trading Post Texaco station is a good landmark. You need to get off bus on top of hill before that. Cross the road then for Campbells - a few yards down a side road.

Check out buseireann.ie - Journey Planner option - appears to be a few buses from Galway to Headford this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

inisboffin wrote: »
    Hiya folks, need last min help, going out to a surprise party tonight and have to be in Headford between 6 and 8 (can't go earlier).
    Bus Eireann leaves too early or too late. Is there a private coach, say to Ballina, leaving 6ish - I vaguely remember a friend getting one..
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance!
    Goin there too! Unfortunately can't offer you lift as full. Are you sure there's no-one you know driving there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Burke's bus is the one you want, leaves the Skeff at 5.30 but you used to be able to flag it down at the bus stop in front of Curry's too. OP there's a huge amount of people who drive out through Headford on their way home from work ask around where you work you could get a lift fairly handy.

If you're on the bus sit on the right hand side and watch out for a beige/yellow building called "Cloughanover Community Centre" there's a windy narrow section of road just before it and the road widens significantly at it. When you pass the community centre get up and go to the front of the bus, by the time you get there you'll be passing over the top of a hill with a Shrine to Our Lady on your left and a petrol station beyond it. The Tavern is on your right when these are on your left. Can't miss it.

Alternatively you can just tell the bus driver you want to get off at the Shrine in Cloughanover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Much more importantly can you tell me who it's for?????? :p

galwaybabe wrote: »
    Goin there too! Unfortunately can't offer you lift as full. Are you sure there's no-one you know driving there?

Well guess who missed the bus :rolleyes: well, not quite my fault!

Working on a lift at the mo, had a feeling someone here would be going :)

It is a birthday for a man about town, should be craic :D

inisboffin wrote: »
    Well guess who missed the bus :rolleyes: well, not quite my fault!

Working on a lift at the mo, had a feeling someone here would be going :)

It is a birthday for a man about town, should be craic :D
    Lol. Good luck.

• Advertisement

Just got a lift! Yay! I love the Galway network :)

See you there GB, I will likely have a strange hat on, say hello :)

Drift wrote: »
    Burke's bus is the one you want, leaves the Skeff at 5.30 but you used to be able to flag it down at the bus stop in front of Curry's too. OP there's a huge amount of people who drive out through Headford on their way home from work ask around where you work you could get a lift fairly handy.

If you're on the bus sit on the right hand side and watch out for a beige/yellow building called "Cloughanover Community Centre" there's a windy narrow section of road just before it and the road widens significantly at it. When you pass the community centre get up and go to the front of the bus, by the time you get there you'll be passing over the top of a hill with a Shrine to Our Lady on your left and a petrol station beyond it. The Tavern is on your right when these are on your left. Can't miss it.

Alternatively you can just tell the bus driver you want to get off at the Shrine in Cloughanover.

Appreciate the help Drift and boards :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

good luck getting out there. i heard parts of the road are closed til 9? fatal accident apparently. Traffic is mental that side of town, literally stand still the oul fellah says.

edit: http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0418/rta.html
    RTE wrote:
    Motorcyclist killed in Galway crash
    Friday, 18 April 2008 17:53

A man has been killed in a road accident on the main Galway Headford Road at Carrowbrowne.

He was riding a motorcycle which collided with a car shortly after 3pm this afternoon.

The driver of the car was taken to University Hospital Galway. She is being treated for minor injuries.
    Advertisement

Gardaí are still at the scene and the Headford Road will remain closed to traffic until further notice. Diversions are in place but motorists are asked to avoid the area.

might be as well off going out the tuam road to Clare Galway and cutting across.

That will cause traffic chaos. Wrong evening to be going to Headford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Best way to avoid this if in a rush is to go out past Airport to Carnmore X.
    - Turn left and head a few hundred yards down hill towards claregalway.
    - There is a 2 storey house with glass area at bottom/front - take a right up by the far side of this house.
    - Continue on for a few mins until you get to a fairly major X roads. There should be a school in front of you @ roughly 11 o'clock.
    - Take a left at this X roads and continue on this road for a few mins until you hit Roscommon Rd.
    - Tale a left here which after a few hundred yards will bring you onto T junction with Galway-Tuam Rd.
    - Take another left and then at Central Tavern pub take right turn opp it and continue on this road through Currandulla etc for about 15 mins
    - You will eventually hit a X roads junction with Headford Rd -> go left here and head on towards big City of Headford.

Thanks folks..it took us a long while to get out, we went Tuam road and cut across...so sorry to hear about the accident.

It was a great night - the surprisee was surprised!
    Lots of ceol and craic, and a few boardies were even there :)

Advertisement