Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

OFA exam

• 22-04-2014 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Anyone got a sample copy of the kind of questions that come up on the OFA exam? Need to get prepping!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Glencree

Well, how did you get on? Currently prepping... I'm assuming all the basics need to be known?
    Aed/cpr
    Breathing(choking etc)
    Bleeding
    Breaks(strains)
    Burns
    Stroke
    Shock
    Basic scene safety/ personal safety.
    Bandaging/slings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Wowreally? wrote: »
    Anyone got a sample copy of the kind of questions that come up on the OFA exam? Need to get prepping!

Did you get any feedback on questions? I am going for my OFA this week ...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Glencree

Best of luck. I'm told it's cpr, usually slings/bandage and one other scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

When I done my OFA a few years back I had 2 scenarios (heart attack & nosebleed) then I had to do 5 cycles of CPR the first 2 without the (training) AED and then 3 with the AED with shocks included. The questions are basically on first aid what some of the acronyms stand for what first aid is etc.

If its CFR you are doing you may be asked about choking and the recovery position as well as heart attack cardiac arrest etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

thx for the update folks. It put my mind at ease.

I did the assessment this morn, and I passed!!! Yeahh!!

It really was very straight forward, and no tricks, or sticky questions. I had to demonstrate a bandage / sling.

If anyone is doing it in near future, drop me a pm and I will help if I can.

Stay safe!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement