Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 214 - DC vs Jones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,460 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Wonderboy looked huge next to Woodley also, I fancy Woodley to knock out Maia.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Woodley KO/TKO
    Jones not answering Luke Thomas lol, not sure I would either he learned too much of Ariels over sensitive **** side.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Maia Decision
    bjones.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Wondefullife spec fact robbed from reddit :P

Tyron Woodley:
    Lost to Rory MacDonald on UFC 174 via unanimous decision. (June 14, 2014)
    Lost to Jake Shields on UFC 161 via split decision. (June 15, 2013)
    Lost to Nate Marquardt on Strikeforce (Rockhold vs. Kennedy) via TKO. (July 14, 2012)
    Demian Maia:
    Lost to Rory MacDonald On UFC 170 via unanimous decision. (February 22, 2014)
    Lost to Jake Shields on UFC Fight Night (Maia vs. Shields) via split decision. (October 9, 2013)
    Lost to Nate Marquardt on UFC 102 via TKO. (August 29, 2009)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Inviere

Poor Rory, some fighter, the Lawlor war though he was never the same after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Woodley Sub
    Inviere wrote: »
    Poor Rory, some fighter, the Lawlor war though he was never the same after.
    Wouldn't say that. He came out with a poor game-plan against Wonderboy and is most likely about to go through a tear in Bellator now. He dispatched Paul Daley pretty effortlessly

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Inviere

Wouldn't say that. He came out with a poor game-plan against Wonderboy and is most likely about to go through a tear in Bellator now. He dispatched Paul Daley pretty effortlessly

Good to hear he's doing well in Bellator, but yeah the Wonderboy fight was very poor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

DC is going to miss weight, the bout will go ahead as a non title fight.

• Jon Jones Sub
    DC is going to miss weight, the bout will go ahead as a non title fight.

Is this your opinion or is it actually happening?

Woodley Sub
    DC's coming in very light this time. Saw Jon Jones scoffing pancakes in the new embedded. Imagine the hypocrisy if he missed weight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Woodley Sub
    Woodley in the second episode of Embedded telling the lads about being in the film reminded me of David Brent in The Office telling all the staff about being on the front cover of the Inside Paper magazine.

"Keep it under your hat."

BBJqVYpCUAEFcXu.png

• Jon Jones Sub
    DC's coming in very light this time. Saw Jon Jones scoffing pancakes in the new embedded. Imagine the hypocrisy if he missed weight

DC is looking bad in the face again though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Maia Decision
    Paully D wrote: »
    Woodley in the second episode of Embedded telling the lads about being in the film reminded me of David Brent in The Office telling all the staff about being on the front cover of the Inside Paper magazine.

"Keep it under your hat."

BBJqVYpCUAEFcXu.png

Haha state of him in that. Half them still had no idea

Woodley Sub
    DC is looking bad in the face again though

I don't think he ever won't look bad in the face. He still cuts a lot of weight and he's getting on. Just think he'll actually make it in good time this time.

• Jon Jones Sub
    I don't think he ever won't look bad in the face. He still cuts a lot of weight and he's getting on. Just think he'll actually make it in good time this time.

Yeah I dont think he holds a towel this time :pac:

I think Jones wrecks him if Jones has no ring rust.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Maia Decision
    This post has been deleted.

• Jon Jones Sub
    darced wrote: »

While he didn't look awesome in the OSP fight, he won that fight easy and broke OSPS arm. Not bad for one of your worst fights ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Maia Decision
    I could listen to Dominick analyse fights all day, some really good stuff here.

Makes a good point re: Demian Maia for people worried about him, he reminded people that Demian went the full 5 rounds with Anderson Silva at his peak (on the feet), that he's well capable of handling himself standing up.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,921 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Maia Decision
    Give it a rest mod wannabe
    Lol, there's nothing I'd like less than trying to keep screenlickers in line again. :D
    Poor bastards will be gone insane this time next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Maia Decision

Makes a good point re: Demian Maia for people worried about him, he reminded people that Demian went the full 5 rounds with Anderson Silva at his peak (on the feet), that he's well capable of handling himself standing up.

Agree on dom

As for the silva fight? Have you watched it? My recollection (foggy i grant you as its a long time since i seen it ) was of silva taking the piss and schooling maia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Maia Decision
    Agree on dom

As for the silva fight? Have you watched it? My recollection (foggy i grant you as its a long time since i seen it ) was of silva taking the piss and schooling maia.

Yeah you're right that was in Abu Dhabi and Anderson made a mockery of the whole thing with all his clowning around BUT... he was also doing all that clowning around against others and finishing them with ease.

I guess his point was this: If Demian's stand-up was so terrible, Anderson would have finished him easily. I don't think he was trying to say Maia can beat Woodley standing but that he can look after himself on the feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,460 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

darced wrote: »

That's when he was doing all that power lifting stuff as well. As far as I know he's not doing that anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Maia Decision
    Yeah you're right that was in Abu Dhabi and Anderson made a mockery of the whole thing with all his clowning around BUT... he was also doing all that clowning around against others and finishing them with ease.

I guess his point was this: If Demian's stand-up was so terrible, Anderson would have finished him easily. I don't think he was trying to say Maia can beat Woodley standing but that he can look after himself on the feet.

True enough. Although i dont remember anderson looking to finish again its a long time and i suppose maias path to victory is clear here if he can avoid woodleys power . Woodley i do wonder if he will back up against the fence and let maia clinch and try get him down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Woodley Sub

Its weird i love dom as an analyst aswell but was delighted when no love made bits of him. He needed to be humbled

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Woodley Sub
    What time irish time is the early weigh ins at?

Woodley KO/TKO
    Tinie wrote: »
    What time irish time is the early weigh ins at?

5pm, Ariel live stream usually best, I'll miss it most likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Maia Decision
    ricero wrote: »
    Its weird i love dom as an analyst aswell but was delighted when no love made bits of him. He needed to be humbled

He's great! Even bad matches are made watchable by his knowledge and commentary.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Maia KO/TKO

I'm pretty sure Demian's stand up was terrible and Silva was just making a mockery of him for the entire fight cause he knew Maia didn't have a chance against him. He also didn't finish Thales Leites before that simply because he couldn't be bothered.

Tbh, if anything the Silva fight does make Maia's stand up look awful because you see how little threat he posed that his opponent didn't even feel he needed to finish him

Woodley KO/TKO
    That was also a long time ago and Damien is better now on feet. Enough to win on feet here ?? Undecided.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Are we there yet!!!!

Advertisement