Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Finally. Our long, national nightmare is over. :rolleyes:

Time to move on methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,569 ✭✭✭✭JRant

DoctaDee wrote: »
    No appeal from DC, confirmed by RTE.. nothing to see here..

The right call as well. Take his medicine and move on.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Finally. Our long, national nightmare is over. :rolleyes:

Time to move on methinks.

It won't be over for some until Sam is pried from our cold dead hands :)

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭The Assistinator

No appeal from DC, confirmed by RTE.. nothing to see here..

Fair play not his biggest fan but he done wrong and took his punishment hopefully sets an example for every county for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I predict if Connolly returns and dublin win Sam , this will be brought back up. it wasn't a long enough punishment or something along the lines that Connolly is a disgrace to the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Just when we thought we'd moved on !

JRant wrote: »
    It won't be over for some until Sam is pried from our cold dead hands :)

This time last year, a lot of so called experts said we had no chance of doing back to back with no Jack Flash and no Rory.

So it's time to up the ante with who we can win Sam without.

Maybe we should give Deano and Clucko an extended break too, just for $hits and giggles. :p

(Jayzus, it's only dawning on me now. No Dermo for 3 months. What the eff are we going to talk about? :confused: )

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

ProudDUB wrote:
    (Jayzus, it's only dawning on me now. No Dermo for 3 months. What the eff are we going to talk about? )

John Cooper or Philly McMahon

Or any typical low life character we have in the big smoke.

https://youtu.be/tMZHrXtPUUc

Phily has been as good as gold (well, kind of) for 2 years now.

Someone else is gonna have to step up to the plate and become Public Enemy #1 for the rabid masses wesht of the Red Cow.

T'wud just not be summer without their having one. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭corny

Connolly is the type to look after himself. I'd say he'd drop in seamlessly enough should we get to the expected semi with the Ulster champions.

Look on the bright side he can't get in trouble while suspended......or can he.;)

He'll quietly train away up in Marino with Vinnies. This crack about not even being allowed train with a team is a complete nonsense anyway.

On the flip side Gavin might just not bring him back in for semi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

99.9% sure a certain player in the news lately was enjoying a few at the Curragh today. Does Connolly usually wear glasses or was he trying to be in disguise.....

Big, black rimmed yokes? Dare I even say quite nerdy looking? Yeah, I saw him sporting a pair of those while watching an O'Byrne Cup game last year. Probably just giving his eyes a break from the contacts.

That reminds me....who is going to take our penalties now?

Paddy Andrews? He kicked an awful anaemic looking one last year...can't remember against who. He may not even be the pitch at the time. Deano? There is a reason why he hasn't been taking them to now. Berno? One of the newer lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Paddy Andrews? He kicked an awful anaemic looking one last year...can't remember against who. He may not even be the pitch at the time. Deano? There is a reason why he hasn't been taking them to now. Berno? One of the newer lads?

the problem wont arise. Gavins process dictates that any player who is about the enter the parralelelelgram shall turn and pass laterally to a player who is better positioned..... to pass it laterally to ciaran kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Big, black rimmed yokes? Dare I even say quite nerdy looking? Yeah, I saw him sporting a pair of those while watching an O'Byrne Cup game last year. Probably just giving his eyes a break from the contacts.

Yeah they looked a bit nerdy alright. I'd go with O'Callaghan on the penalties.

I beleive the correct nomenclature is "hipster" glasses these days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I'll be using my influence with Jim to have Mannion on the penos if we ever get near the oppositions square this year

ProudDUB wrote:

Mannion?

Stoner wrote: »
    Mannion?
    I'll be using my influence with Jim to have Mannion on the penos if we ever get near the oppositions square this year

Mannion?

Pourquoi?

Has he ever taken them before?

• Advertisement

ProudDUB wrote:

Don't know, I just copied the other fella

• Registered Users Posts: 18,013 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Or maybe Tommo out there from around Blackrock or Johno from Stillorgan or maybe Micko from out the Northside. Then there Jimo and Timo from Tallagh they take peno's for there soccer clubs:rolleyes:

Slava Ukrainii

Or maybe Tommo out there from around Blackrock or Johno from Stillorgan or maybe Micko from out the Northside. Then there Jimo and Timo from Tallagh they take peno's for there soccer clubs

Very good, who takes them for your team when they aren't watching trees growing?

Pa from Bastardstown, Paddy from Nobber,
    Podge over in Spunkane, Pa Og in Muff,
    Paddy the Bull below in Fartrim or possibly Small Paddy above in Dicksboro Hi ?

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Mannion?

Pourquoi?

Took them for UCD ..and also has a soccer background with Ireland schools ... And he's not Paddy Andrews :D

DoctaDee wrote:
    Took them for UCD ..and also has a soccer background with Ireland schools ... And he's not Paddy Andrews

And and he's scored goals in the championship , has Paddy scored a championship goal ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Gael85

And and he's scored goals in the championship , has Paddy scored a championship goal ?

Paddy has only one championship goal.Against Westmeath in 2013.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Very good, who takes them for your team when they aren't watching trees growing?

Pa from Bastardstown, Paddy from Nobber,
    Podge over in Spunkane, Pa Og in Muff,
    Paddy the Bull below in Fartrim or possibly Small Paddy above in Dicksboro Hi ?

;)

We are not all explorers of the north county. No bother, There be grants for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Ball In Towards

Looks like Connolly's gonna appeal after all...

http://www.98fm.com/Diarmuid-Connolly-WILL-Appeal-12Week-Ban-Reports

There's no chance of the ban being extended if he fails in this is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

Isnt there now a possibility to extend bans based on frivolous appeals being lodged?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

It is a slim possibility as he did get get the minimum ban but I would say it will remain 12 weeks if upheld

There is also a possibility of the start date being brought to the date of appeal not the match when the incident happened

That might make him miss the all ireland semi final but that is a chance Connolly seems willing to take it seems

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement