Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

m.boards.ie

124»

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thanks Joey, I can see the same thing happening here on my phone. However we haven't been supporting m.boards.ie for a very long time and I'm afraid we can't devote any dev time to looking into this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Is m.boards.ie finally gone for good? I'm getting 404 errors all day.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

sunbeam wrote: »
    Is m.boards.ie finally gone for good? I'm getting 404 errors all day.

Could you try clearing your cache please?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,734 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Whats happening with the m site?

Using the m site on my phone and it keeps defaulting back to the main site.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Boards.ie Employee

Whats happening with the m site?

Using the m site on my phone and it keeps defaulting back to the main site.

It's fine for me. Could you also clear your cache please and see if that makes any difference?

• Advertisement

It's fine for me. Could you also clear your cache please and see if that makes any difference?

Nope. Tried it.

Something weird happened. A few days basically all versions of the site m and touch and www stopped working on my opera browser on my mobile phone. I've cleared the cache and cookies but no. It just wont work.
    I get this message:

The www.boards.ie page isn’t working

www.boards.ie redirected you too many times.
    Here are some suggestions:

Reload this webpage later.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Boards.ie Employee

As a workaround, an incognito or private browsing session might do the trick. Trying to find a more permanent solution.

As a workaround, an incognito or private browsing session might do the trick. Trying to find a more permanent solution.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the browser 10 minutes ago and its back working now

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,887 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Is it finally dead? :-( Been getting a 404 all weekend for m.boards.ie.

Boards.ie Employee

Is it finally dead? :-( Been getting a 404 all weekend for m.boards.ie.

Nope, still there. Could you try clearing your cache please? Also, you could try using incognito mode or a different browser; either seems to do the trick.

• Advertisement

Cleared cache, no luck. In private browsing, no luck.

Just installed Firefox and tried it, still a 404, both private and normal.

Anything else I can try do you think? Might it be that I'm accessing from the UK?

Boards.ie Employee

Cleared cache, no luck. In private browsing, no luck.

Just installed Firefox and tried it, still a 404, both private and normal.

Anything else I can try do you think? Might it be that I'm accessing from the UK?

Can you try turning off Data Saver please? I don't think browsing from the UK should be resulting in this issue...

Can you post a screenshot or the full error message?

Sorry, can't seem to figure out the attachment function.

Full message is a very simple text '404 - not found' when typing in m.boards.ie, browser redirects to m.boards.ie/b.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

Sorry, can't seem to figure out the attachment function.

Full message is a very simple text '404 - not found' when typing in m.boards.ie, browser redirects to m.boards.ie/b.

There's a fix going live shortly that should prevent m. users outside Ireland getting redirected to /b.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Thanks-it is finally working again for me in Ireland on android. :-)

Thanks all for the help, back up for me too. Much appreciated for the responses.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement