Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The teeny tiny things

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Birthday pressys!

Cash!

Cute cards!

New outfits!

Hello kitty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Yeah to Hello Kitty!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

having a net connection... and a few days alone... seems like heaven

Big dinner!

Wine!

Free guest cinema tickets!

Big chocolate pancake cake!

Westlife tuneage :o Im not a huge fan but their songs do convey a kinda retro memoryness of teen years whenever I hear them!

Getting my size in a corset, finally!

5e costumes, cute ones, in Fun Place by Stephens Green!

A day when the phone does not ring once :) (knock on wood it continues the rest of the day).

EDIT: :( knew it wouldn't last :mad: hmmmph!

• Advertisement

Being called beautiful :), by that special one in your life :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

5-days ago I met this lovely elderly couple from the UK. I was informed that his wife has breathing difficulties and is some-days bed-bound so needed as many UK TV channels possible for duration of vacation to help her feel like she is at home with her daily tv schedule of programmes and my General Manager assisted me with that.
    Lastnight I just checked the lovely couple in online with Ryanair and printed their boarding passes for them.

That was all that I can think of with this couple. Both were familiar with area so no touristy info ever requested.

Today before I finished work he came back from town with the Beautiful Bouquet of Pink Galdioli aka 'Sword Lily' as a Thank You.

Seriously, the above is all bar the usual friendliness and his eyes were watering as he thought I would not see him again before he left us and he made sure he expressed his Thanks to Me.

Teeny Tiny Things it sure is :)

Lastyear I was volunteering for an organisation that showed me nothing but negativity; even over-hearing conversations, it was never positive, they could not find nice things to see or say about people they ('work colleagues') encountered. They sapped the soul of the Enjoyment of my Life. I'd almost lost all faith in hunanity due to them. I cannot bare people being so negative and horrible individuals but the people I meet daily nowadays, particularly in my day-to-day work are just pure Inspiring, Beautiful, In-Touch-With-Reality, Gentle Souls and they have helped me return to the positive person I've always been.

I really like the Teeny Tiny Things,
    kerry4sam

For the first time ever in my 27years, letting myself in and out of my family home :D

Queen hits!

The buzz of today after that match!

Getting/feeling slightly a teeny bit better, maybe, not better per se but understanding :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I visited my parents last night before they headed off on holidays - they were still in the midst of packing so I was leaving them to it and getting a bus around 9pm (normally one of them would insist on driving me home). My mother asked my dad to walk me to the bus stop so I wouldn't have to walk by myself in the dark - I am 35 years old :D Thought that was the funniest and sweetest thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

My pug Maggie and her little snort sounds when she falls asleep in my arms. She's definitely half piglet:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

When my boyfriend says nice things to me. It's the most important thing in the world, only his opinion matters. And that he thinks these great things about me makes me feel great

That feeling when you actually start to feel like everything will be ok, one way or another :), just hopes its true!

Lastnight was the first night in Months that I managed to sleep without needing pain-killers for my injured back. I've an appointment with a NeuroSurgeon in less than 2weeks so hoping we can find a solution to my injured lumbar region.

A lovely steaming hot bath with bath-salts and bubbles lastnight and I seriously had the nicest nights' sleep in ages. Just felt wonderful waking up this morning Fresh as a Daisy :)

Have not been able to cycle, swim, mountain-climb, hill-walk or even run in months as I could not stretch my body, barely even able to walk. Every chance I've had I've rested & rested in the hope that fracture would get necessary chance to heal,

but tomorrow I feel I might just be able walk One Mile and see how I get on as I really miss the outdoors!

Yes it really is the teeny tiny lickle things :)
    kerry4sam

Pales in comparison to the above, but I love when you've been pretty nice wrap, but the last bite is perfect ratio of ingredients. Like yesterday, my last bite was lovely, cheese mayo peppers and chicken. Om nom

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Rocky Marciano

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Lastnight was the first night in Months that I managed to sleep without needing pain-killers for my injured back. I've an appointment with a NeuroSurgeon in less than 2weeks so hoping we can find a solution to my injured lumbar region.

A lovely steaming hot bath with bath-salts and bubbles lastnight and I seriously had the nicest nights' sleep in ages. Just felt wonderful waking up this morning Fresh as a Daisy :)

Have not been able to cycle, swim, mountain-climb, hill-walk or even run in months as I could not stretch my body, barely even able to walk. Every chance I've had I've rested & rested in the hope that fracture would get necessary chance to heal,

but tomorrow I feel I might just be able walk One Mile and see how I get on as I really miss the outdoors!

Yes it really is the teeny tiny lickle things :)
    kerry4sam

I hope everything works out really well for you. Keep believing. I'm always optimistic that good things are just around the corner (in some form). You got through the past few months which are the hardest so don't give up now. Hopefully the neurosurgeon will have a clear plan to help you, and in the meantime concentrate on YOU: cups of hot chocolate/glass of wine, good music, salt baths...whatever it is that makes you happy. GOOD LUCK.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Having someone to pick you up when you stumble :)

Knowing I'll get an excited smile and kiss when I get home.

I hope everything works out really well for you. Keep believing. I'm always optimistic that good things are just around the corner (in some form). You got through the past few months which are the hardest so don't give up now. Hopefully the neurosurgeon will have a clear plan to help you, and in the meantime concentrate on YOU: cups of hot chocolate/glass of wine, good music, salt baths...whatever it is that makes you happy. GOOD LUCK.

These are some very kind words from you, very kind. Thank You :)

I met the Neurogurgeon today and what a lovely man. With the pain, tingling, pins n needles etc I was soo nervous as to what he would say upon looking at my scans. He reassured me no end; had one lovely mannerism about him; genuinely lovely Doctor!
    I received Good Newsies today from him - yey :D Not great newsies, but good newsies and we have progress and a plan for solution.

It's like a weight lifted off my shoulders today. I was thinking all along how I would sell off all my sporting gear for walking, cycling, swimming, hiking & mountain-climbing as I just did not know how this solution could be found. He devised a plan and I trust him. My own Doctor too for his unreal assistance with this, wonderful people are Doctors!

The Teeny Tiny Things like reassuring someone; renewing a sense of hope and belief and devising a plan is something real special. If you ever find yourself in a position to do any of the above, I would suggest you do so without hesitation.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Gongoozler wrote: »
    Knowing I'll get an excited smile and kiss when I get home.

Got a lovely bunch of flowers this day too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Rocky Marciano

These are some very kind words from you, very kind. Thank You :)
    You're very welcome. When I read these threads from time to time you often have kind words and encouragement to offer people that I wouldn't have thought of writing. So it's only right that the boards does likewise for you.
    I met the Neurogurgeon today and what a lovely man. With the pain, tingling, pins n needles etc I was soo nervous as to what he would say upon looking at my scans. He reassured me no end; had one lovely mannerism about him; genuinely lovely Doctor!
    I received Good Newsies today from him - yey :D Not great newsies, but good newsies and we have progress and a plan for solution.

It's like a weight lifted off my shoulders today. I was thinking all along how I would sell off all my sporting gear for walking, cycling, swimming, hiking & mountain-climbing as I just did not know how this solution could be found. He devised a plan and I trust him. My own Doctor too for his unreal assistance with this, wonderful people are Doctors!
    I'm glad that the consult went well and that you didn't sell the sports gear. At the very least they hold a lot of nostalgia for you, like a scrapbook of happy memories. They represent a spirit of adventure. I've never even attempted proper mountain climbing and my bike is starting to gather dust! So hold on to that dream, hold it close and don't let it go. Before you know it you might be climbing as high as the clouds and swimming deep in the sea.

Keep as close to your hobbies as you can. Maybe you and your friends could get a boat some time, sail off coast and then do some fishing? Admittedly the weather is starting to get cold again but even in the spring that could be quite nice. I'm really thinking of a little island not far from where I live. No one lives there and there's a golden sandy beach. If my future has a boat and a Mrs. Marciano it's somewhere I'll bring her :D. Maybe there would be something similar near home for you?
    The Teeny Tiny Things like reassuring someone; renewing a sense of hope and belief and devising a plan is something real special. If you ever find yourself in a position to do any of the above, I would suggest you do so without hesitation.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam
    I can think of many nice things that people did for me, some complete strangers. Before I started medical school I was having doubts "maybe I won't be good enough and should stop trying?" etc. As you can imagine there are several stages of application and I was about halfway through at this point. A stranger on a message forum told me 'If you really want this, go for it! What have you got to lose?'. He was right. I thanked him, finished off my application and the rest is history.

Several years later I am now finished medical school. I don't know how things would have turned out if I didn't get those few kind words at a time when I really just needed some encouragement. It's unlikely I'll ever meet that stranger to thank him in person, and sadly if we do meet we won't know each other. But in the spirit of what he did I'll pay it forward instead. If we all do (even really small) good deeds for others with nothing expected in return and they do the same for others, before you know it, things have snowballed into something much bigger and better than the sum of the parts.

As one of my friends points out 'it's nice to be nice'.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

My housemate works very hard. He goes into the office most Sundays to catch up on emails and things while it is quiet. Yesterday I decided to walk with him to the office for a walk; I had intended to go food shopping anyway and it is nice to have company on the walk. Before we left he was looking for his ear phones everywhere. he listens to music while he works. He searched his room, all over the downstairs, all of his coat pockets, his bag, everywhere. No earphones. Normally he would get really annoyed by this but yesterday he just shrugged his shoulders and hoped they would turn up somewhere.

We went out the front door of the house, I pulled the front door behind me and lo and behold; there are his earphones hanging on the outside door knob :D He must have dropped them there on the way in the previous night when unlocking the door but he is lucky there were still there at almost 4pm the next day!

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭awesomelakes

Walking home with some shopping after a really tough day in college, the handles of my bag snapped and my shopping fell out all over the foot path. Most people just walked by, looking at me sympathetically, but one woman came over and gave me a trick or treat bag that she had just bought for her kid to put my shopping in.

Really made my day. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tito Man!

When you sit down at the end of a hard day and just let everything else melt away for a few brief moments. Bliss.

Coming home from work last week and my boyfriend surprising me with a crate of Dr. Pepper. My favourite drink ever! He just did it for no reason, just to get a big smile from me! Worked too.

Volvic Juiced, Cloudy Lemon. It is the sex. Seriously. Try it.

Being "good" all week in terms of food, eating healthy. Then letting go on Sunday night and getting the biggest, most unhealthy, most cheese and meat laden pizza off the menu to watch "Love/Hate" by. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

The noise of ice crackling when you put it into a glass and start filling it up with water.

Using Ebay all by myself for the very first time :D:o

possibilities and hope

surprises from that special someone that you so werent expecting, so much so that you feel bad about asking why they were late :rolleyes::(:)

Pizza together, and that special can of coke got for me!

hugs, kisses, cuddles!

Sexytime as soon as you see each other :D

crunchie icecreams treat!

halloween lucky bag!!!

cosy sleepy tv etc ;) weekends!

being told that i am special! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Going on a mad shopping spree online (which I will be doing later!) - am gonna buy myself a onesie from next - fluffy and warm! :D

Getting parcels in the post, and it being the first few things youve bought all by yourself online :D

Special effects fangs, aka True Blood type ones, fecking love them!

• Advertisement

Being able to walk for 30mins today for the first time in months, before the tingling and pins n needles arrived due to my lumbar injury. Walking in the rain today was just so refreshing and relaxing!

Teeny Tiny Things like being able to walk in the rain pain-free for 30mins - Wonderful :)

Advertisement