Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Timetable...

Options
  • 03-09-2002 3:23pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok, this is a long project and we're not going to be getting into it all for a few weeks yet...

Ok here are the other things that need to be sorted out along side our own organisation.

1. Server move. yes, we're on the move again and as part of that we are going to set up CVS as a code management tool.
    Obviously only core hackers are going to have access to this.

2. Some other form of code management (possible sourceforge) to allow us to manage code and versions etc.

3. Test environment. We'll have a test environment on Boards.ie available to coders and selected testers. That has to be set up yet.

4. CC transactions. We've teamed up with Payandshop.ie and they are going to handle all the CC transaction (apparently they are a doddle to deal with all done through some encrypted XML thing).

So, I'm thinking we'll get ourselves set up over the next month or so get our processes sorted out (like how do I check stuff in and out and how does stuff go to test and go to live etc..) and then from October we can start to get on wth it all :)

I'm going to be SQL-boy... so any sql data thats needed for the PHP scritpts I'll get you SQL statements for. I know feck all PHP so I cant help there... :(

DeV.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement