Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Memories of Kerrang/Scuzz/MTV2 etc

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,537 ✭✭✭✭briany

Limp Bizkit are amazing live, they still tour fairly regularly. Not sure how that's a fall from grace? People love to make fun of them, but they don't seem to do too badly out of it.

I remember Zakk Wylde absolutely hating Limp Bizkit back in the day. Every interview he did for a guitar magazine, he was ripping into Fred Durst big style.

Turns out that Zakk is actually friends with the whole band, now, and his apparent hatred of Limp Bizkit had more to do with being asked by his label if would alter his style to fit in with the rap-metal/nu-metal trends of the time.

Limp Bizkit, instrumentally, is up there with the best to come out of that whole scene, but I have always thought that Fred Durst has a supremely annoying, whiny voice. Case in point - the song 'Boiler' has this amazing atmospheric intro, but just as you're getting into the mood of it, here comes Freddie with his warble, going 'Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh'. :mad: It's really a testament to the rest of the band that I can tolerate his whining on some of their better songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Agree with all that, Limp Bizkit are unfairly maligned in my opinion, mostly due to Dursts personality, lyrical content, claims of cultural appropriation and the audience the band attracted.

Just listening to a podcast about the current trend of my-metal sounds finding it's way into modern pop music and the original music was sneered at yet the current wave is lauded which makes no sense to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sorry couldn't find a random chat type fourm on this thread and this is probably the most applicable

Crazy transformation for the singer in Bowling for Soup. No way would you think its him. Eitherway hope his health and life are in a good place

Advertisement