Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Mobile SIM only €14.99 per month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Is there any way to view the deals on this site without giving your email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Is there any way to view the deals on this site without giving your email address?

Random email. Click go:

50% off eir Mobile's Connect Sim Only 30 Day Plan for a full year

€14.99 a month for a full year

Flexible 30 day rolling contract

30GB data to use anywhere in the EU

Unlimited calls to any network

Unlimited texts to any network

Free eir sport pack^

Already an eir Broadband customer? Call 1800 303 719 to take up the same plan for just €9.99 a month for a full year!

Pass this special offer on to your friends

eir Mobile Sim Only Offer

The Terms and Conditions for €14.99 Sim Only Plan can be found here.

The Terms and Conditions for the €9.99 Sim Only Plan for eir broadband customers can be found here.

^Free eir Sport available until 31/05/19.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

I have BB with them and gave up trying to contact them to get this offer for the wife, sometimes it's just not worth it. Looks good but as soon as my year with BB is up I'm moving as I was unable to contact them in any way except chat where I was told to call them but never got an answer on the phone even after weeks of trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

it's free for a year if you have a broadband bundle (this is recontracted for 12 months)

6 month discount for just mobile customers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

https://www.onebigswitch.ie/campaigns/eir-mobile-sim-only-offer/plans/results

Havent done it myself. 30gb data, unlimited calls and texts and eir sport pack half price for a year. 9.99 if you he broadband with them.

Realise it should be obvious, but might want to edit title to clarify it's 14.99 per month for a year. I actually though it was some kind of insane loss leading promotion for the whole year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

MOH wrote: »
    Realise it should be obvious, but might want to edit title to clarify it's 14.99 per month for a year. I actually though it was some kind of insane loss leading promotion for the whole year.

It's actually €14.99 per month on a rolling contract for 6 months and switches to 29.99 after the 6th.
    Signed up myself last week having been a payg customer previously.
    Rolling contract means ye can cancel anytime as per t&cs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Fann Linn wrote: »
    It's actually €14.99 per month on a rolling contract for 6 months and switches to 29.99 after the 6th.

That's not the offer you get via the OPs link.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Fann Linn wrote: »

Thanks. No not once incentive for changing now. Thought it was for 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 7,759 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Sir Dosser wrote: »

When I was in the shop they said the full package is available to those who are already eir bb customers or those taking out a new bb package and contract.

Everyone else gets the discount for just the 6 months apparently. Thanks for the link and i'll check it out again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

Sir Dosser wrote: »

That's for broadband customers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭corks finest

If they gave me e14.99 # month I wouldn't sign up with them,ever ever ever again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

m8 wrote: »
    I have BB with them and gave up trying to contact them to get this offer for the wife, sometimes it's just not worth it. Looks good but as soon as my year with BB is up I'm moving as I was unable to contact them in any way except chat where I was told to call them but never got an answer on the phone even after weeks of trying.

This. Eir have the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Online chat is useless, they wont answer the phone. The overcharhed me and I had no way to contact them to get it sorted. They are an absolute shambles of an outfit. Avoid if you want to stay sane.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭StonedRaider

cojomo2 wrote: »
    This. Eir have the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Online chat is useless, they wont answer the phone. The overcharhed me and I had no way to contact them to get it sorted. They are an absolute shambles of an outfit. Avoid if you want to stay sane.

Same here, just moved recently

• Registered Users Posts: 5,547 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

The simple answer is go into a physical shop and do whatever needs doing. Then if you need anything phone the shop and ask for whoever. It's not like you have to go miles out of your way to find one, there'll probably be one near your supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Would this be comparable to the lyca 14.99 a month?
    I find sometimes with Lyca that my mobile internet isnot great at all.
    I get 25G of data a month but only at 3G. Is the eir deal 4G?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Holy Duck

The simple answer is go into a physical shop and do whatever needs doing. Then if you need anything phone the shop and ask for whoever. It's not like you have to go miles out of your way to find one, there'll probably be one near your supermarket.

Plenty of shops but they are useless, anything you want to buy, change or cancel and they tell you, you must go online or ring the phone that never answers, better to avoid than drive yourself bananas.

This offer for 12 months is Callback only. If you go to the shop you only get the 6 month version.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Would this be available to existing eir sim only plans? Currently paying €25 for 10gb of data.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭malinheader

Avoid like the plague. 2 weeks trying to get broadband issues resolved, chat icon waste of time. 50 mins holding on phone to speak to customer service, promised reduction in bill, never happened 47 minutes waiting time again. And worse is they even pulled there service contacts off boards. Be warned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

There's always Talk to Eir forum on boards. Oh wait...they closed that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

worst company in Ireland by a stretch at this stage, avoid like the plague

Interesting comments. Never had a problem when I had my mobile with them. Only switched as there were cheaper options.

look at any eir threads floating about, you'll get the same feedback

they will actually not let you leave

ok on the mobile, you could just cancel your direct debit and dump your sim for a new one, but with landline, you are actually stuck with them as they won't let you leave or cancel

Perhaps they are worse now than 2 years ago?

You don't need to contact them when leaving the mobile phone contract. You just tell your new company you're switching and they do it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

My wife moved over to this deal a couple of months ago, switching from Tesco Mobile; it took Tesco nearly six weeks to issue her the unlock code for her phone.

Eir might have bad customer service but the idea that they're worse than the rest is nonsense.

This is a great deal. We declined the 9.99 because it means you start a new 12-month deal on your broadband, but 14.99 a month is still incredible value.

fixxxer wrote: »
    You don't need to contact them when leaving the mobile phone contract. You just tell your new company you're switching and they do it for you.

good luck with that, that's how the broadband is supposed to work

i mean their **** has made the papers

50 minutes on the line to be cut off, multiple calls made on the same issue, not records no notes taken, each time you get through it's starting from scratch, have to go to the ombudsman to sort it

• Registered Users Posts: 40 oliver29

They've cut the number of staff too close to the bone. Hold times have gone through the roof over the past year or so. That said they've sorted every issue I've had. Online chat hasn't been useful, they ultimately always ask me to phone in :)

They're data speeds have always been decent.

They offer wifi calling, I wish vodafone offered it on a broader range of phones.

As others have said, go to the eir store if you can.

My wife moved over to this deal a couple of months ago, switching from Tesco Mobile; it took Tesco nearly six weeks to issue her the unlock code for her phone.

Eir might have bad customer service but the idea that they're worse than the rest is nonsense.

This is a great deal. We declined the 9.99 because it means you start a new 12-month deal on your broadband, but 14.99 a month is still incredible value.

Of course it's not nonsense

Tesco are also know for being terrible, but even they arent that bad

have a look around, she was still able to switch from them

she is no longer a customer, sending her an unlock code is no doubt low down their list of priorities

Some companies are great to deal with, so yes they are worse than the rest to deal with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

When you go to the shop they say you need to speak to them online, it's like a roundabout and I would advise you stay off it. :mad:

Advertisement