Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
30-09-2019, 15:11   #676
Matt Barrett
Registered User
 
Matt Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 6,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas Libertas View Post
In this case you have evidence of absence. (not hearing an elephant, not smelling an elephant). I believe your analogy fails because you still don't understand the point I'm trying to raise, I have tried repeatedly. I'm happy for you to disagree with me, but it seems you just haven't got this specific point I'm trying to make over and over again.

The burden of proof is always on the person who brings a claim in a dispute. So if you, or twitter, or anyone else know Avi did that on purpose to attack Greta, then you need to prove that.

The burden of proof is so high, because there is such a fear of convicting innocent people; surely you see this?!

I have seen many , many reputable people express the opinion that the treatment of Greta is tantamount to child abuse.
Here is Sky News Australia's Andrew Bolton:


Would you say the same things about Bolton that you have said about Avi?
Sad right wing propaganda.
There's a photo of her wearing an anti fascism tshirt doing the rounds. She'll be a leftist anti white supremacist Nazi thug in no time. Desperation on a large scale. Attack anything that makes you (the right) feel threatened.
Trump on yesterday about being harassed, 'Presidential harassment' forgot about Obama I suppose the hypocrite.

Last edited by Matt Barrett; 30-09-2019 at 15:14.
Matt Barrett is online now  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
30-09-2019, 15:29   #677
1800_Ladladlad
Registered User
 
1800_Ladladlad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Barrett View Post
Desperation on a large scale. Attack anything that makes you (the right) feel threatened.
Is this not what "Left-whingers" do when they feel they are being attacked in their safe space, when a person either has an opposing opinion to theirs or when they get offended by facts presented to them. Iv noticed that when this happens they proceed to use emotionally lead pejoratives that are uneducated and childish accusations.

That video was of an independent YouTuber making a video who is on the "right" side of the political spectrum. If that is what you call propaganda, then everything being pumped out by the news, journalists, and thats being spread via social media is just a malignant form of propagated cancer.
1800_Ladladlad is offline  
Thanks from:
30-09-2019, 16:17   #678
Matt Barrett
Registered User
 
Matt Barrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 6,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800_Ladladlad View Post
Is this not what "Left-whingers" do when they feel they are being attacked in their safe space, when a person either has an opposing opinion to theirs or when they get offended by facts presented to them. Iv noticed that when this happens they proceed to use emotionally lead pejoratives that are uneducated and childish accusations.

That video was of an independent YouTuber making a video who is on the "right" side of the political spectrum. If that is what you call propaganda, then everything being pumped out by the news, journalists, and thats being spread via social media is just a malignant form of propagated cancer.
No, that's mostly all hype by the frightened right IMO.
There's more whinging about the PC outrage than actual PC outrage. The right are far more vocal on such things.

You forget the media is liberal run and something something...
Matt Barrett is online now  
30-09-2019, 16:58   #679
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostWoke View Post
First she's the devil, next minute she's a victim, which is it Veritas?


Anyone calling this child's life experiences 'child abuse' needs to catch themselves on. Especially all that's gone on in this country, tokenizing real child abuse for one's agenda is really disgusting.
I'm only highlighting that it is a fair position to hold and people that get banned for saying things that others don't want to hear (or de-platformed as fascists) is absolutely wrong.

So please in future don't put words into my mouth; As I have never implied Greta to be bad or the 'devil'. I believe she could well be a 'victim' in this matter, a normal girl her age with her challenges usually isn't thrust into the spotlight like this. There will also be a polarized stigma attached to her for the rest of her life. Look up Soph; you'll see people on your side of this argument, arguing how Soph is being 'manipulated' is abuse. An argument I also believe holds merit.

Just look at how Ryan Tubridy tried to handle this topic; and look at the backlash he received. These people are maniacs. Was Tubridy clearly driven by an agenda? Is tubridy some alt-right boy spewing nazi nonsense?

Described here by Mick Heaney of the Irish Times:
Quote:
When he talks about Thunberg’s dramatic speech to the UN. He says he “felt a little uncomfortable” at the sight of a teenage girl addressing a global audience with “her face contorted in pain, agony and anxiety”, and wonders how he’d feel if it was his own daughter. Noting that Thunberg has Asperger syndrome, he adds, “I don’t think she should be put on that stage, it’s not good for her mental health or well-being.”

In fairness, Tubridy sounds concerned rather than dismissive, worrying that someone Thunberg’s age is “up for grabs”. He also agrees on the necessity of climate action, praising the “chutzpah and spirit” of young people recently marching on the issue. He’s being a good guy, Tubs assures us: “It’s not to knock her and it’s not to mock her.” So why do his comments cause him to be “shredded online”, as he puts it the following day?
Yet twitter and youtube have been abusing their system, they've changed the rules of having to prove the malice by showing the intent of the 'attacker' to proving malice was committed based on the offence taken by the 'victim'.
Fair play to boards for not also taking this ludicrous position.
Veritas Libertas is offline  
30-09-2019, 17:08   #680
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1800_Ladladlad View Post
That video was of an independent YouTuber making a video who is on the "right" side of the political spectrum. If that is what you call propaganda, then everything being pumped out by the news, journalists, and thats being spread via social media is just a malignant form of propagated cancer.
I agree with how you've described their use of pejoratives. It just all seems so childish.

Wasn't the video from Sky News Australia? It's their official youtube channel(verified). Bolt also writes Australia's most-read political blog.

Certainly from what I've seen from Sky news Australia they can be called right leaning these days.
Veritas Libertas is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet