Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Seeking Advice on moving to Sky with Unifi/USG

Options
  • 25-11-2020 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

Basic question is, before I commit to Sky, will I be able to configure their hardware with my Unifi / USG setup?

I have tried searching the forum, but there's little enough specific info found on setting up Sky broadband with a USG ('use vlan 10' is about the extent of my findings)

I've currently got eir FTTC and have my F2000 running as a modem only with USG and unifi infrastructure behind it. Even eir IPTV works, but I don't recollect how I set it all up a few years ago.

Anyway, thinking of moving to Sky for TV & Internet, and want to be sure that there is a way to have a similar setup with their modem/router.

Advice, tips, links and pointers appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭higster

meep wrote: »
    Hi Folks

Basic question is, before I commit to Sky, will I be able to configure their hardware with my Unifi / USG setup?

I have tried searching the forum, but there's little enough specific info found on setting up Sky broadband with a USG ('use vlan 10' is about the extent of my findings)

I've currently got eir FTTC and have my F2000 running as a modem only with USG and unifi infrastructure behind it. Even eir IPTV works, but I don't recollect how I set it all up a few years ago.

Anyway, thinking of moving to Sky for TV & Internet, and want to be sure that there is a way to have a similar setup with their modem/router.

Advice, tips, links and pointers appreciated.

Not going to answer your question unfortunately, rather ask you a question...

I'm thinking of moving from VF to Eir FTTC and sounds like I have similar Unifi set up. Two questions...why moving away from Eir and any chance you could dig up/remember how you set up Eir F2000 as modem only (bridged?)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058135433

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭meep

higster wrote: »
    Not going to answer your question unfortunately, rather ask you a question...

I'm thinking of moving from VF to Eir FTTC and sounds like I have similar Unifi set up. Two questions...why moving away from Eir and any chance you could dig up/remember how you set up Eir F2000 as modem only (bridged?)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058135433

Getting fed up with eir the, dropping channels and sports has gone to pot. Moving to sky for the tv platform and the Black Friday deal will mean cheaper service for a year all round.

I’ll try to dig up the F2000 setup and report back. It’s been working well for me and very stable (no modem restarted required).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭meep

Answering my own question. Wrote up the details of how to do this in a blog post for posterity.

Advertisement