Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VAT refund on engagement ring for non-resident of Ireland?

• 16-11-2020 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi all,

I am an Irish citizen and have been living in Canada for the past 4 and a half years. I am returning to Ireland for 6 weeks at the end of the month and plan to purchase an engagement ring while back home. I have been in contact with a jeweller in Dublin who told me that as a non-resident of Ireland, I should be able to claim a refund for the VAT paid on the ring in Dublin airport when returning to Canada. However that was about all he could tell me and he wasn't sure how the process works - which is why I'm posting here. Has anyone had any experience with getting a tax refund like this on the purchase of a ring or another item? I'm not sure if I need to purchase from a particular jeweller or what kind of paperwork or other requirements there are?

Any help or input would be very much appreciated. My partner and I are both Irish citizens and Canadian permanent residents. So if I'm eligible for this rebate I can spend more on the ring and everyone will be happy! Thank you.

Comments

Advertisement