Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I chance it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭YellowLead

I kind of feel like if she fancied you, she would have made sure you know. Not directly but there would be flirting. Engage in some flirting yourself, and if she doesn’t bite then you know. If she does, she could still not want something further but you’ve more of a chance and it won’t seem weird that you asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Make some move op, don’t go on with the horn bullying just keep it semi professional.

:D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-Aa4LWtsllvN_mrJ-VEq4m5k-L5faHHO10Q&usqp=CAU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

EddieN75 wrote: »
    Did anything happen after!?

The thread is nearly 8 months old since the op!

Please say yes!

Unless OP makes a move (and he really really should) not a lot of anything is going to happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭EddieN75

Unless OP makes a move (and he really really should) not a lot of anything is going to happen.

8 months flown by . The time between "there's that nice guy who always smiles" to " that creep has been staring at me for months" may have passed.

You can do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I get what you're saying but sometimes it's so hard to step out of a comfort zone and make that leap.
    So I'd suggest changing tack, OP.
    You say you're friends. Start upping the banter to flirty.
    How will she know that you like her unless you start giving her the vibes that you do?
    You say you both like running? Did you ever suggest running together?
    Throw her a few compliments, keep eye contact etc.
    Is her birthday coming up or anything? To drop in a little gift?
    Think outside the box how you can get your intentions across!

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭YellowLead

I get what you're saying but sometimes it's so hard to step out of a comfort zone and make that leap.
    How will she know that you like her unless you start giving her the vibes that you do?

I would echo ALL of this advice. Except the gift, I think the gift would be a bit much even if she did fancy him, if I were her I would think it weird. And if I didn’t fancy him I would deffo see it as creepy.

But deffo up the flirting and gauge response!

YellowLead wrote: »
    I would echo ALL of this advice. Except the gift, I think the gift would be a bit much even if she did fancy him, if I were her I would think it weird. And if I didn’t fancy him I would deffo see it as creepy.

But deffo up the flirting and gauge response!

OK, maybe not the gift..but something more subtle..like if you both like running, offer to download an app or something that you find helpful?
    Or say you saw something online that you think might be helpful to her running?
    Just something to show that you were thinking of her outside of when you chat to her.
    And stop being so hard on your physical appearance. If any of us were stunning looking, we wouldn't be on boards.ie We would be on Onlyfans :)

EddieN75 wrote: »
    Did anything happen after!?

The thread is nearly 8 months old since the op!

Please say yes!

i'm fascinated by this thread too...

...any updates OP...did she say yes? did you have jiggy jiggy? or just go for a jog?

please fill my pathetic vacuous existence with details :p

fryup wrote: »
    i'm fascinated by this thread too...

...any updates OP...did she say yes? did you have jiggy jiggy? or just go for a jog?

please fill my pathetic vacuous existence with details :p

Maybe read the thread :D

Maybe read the thread :D

yes i just did now (well just the OP's replies)

wish i didn't :( he's even more pathetic than i am, at least i would have asked her out and if she rejected ..shout "Lesbian!" in her face and then run away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Ah yeah, but it's gone on for 6 months now.

If the OP is serious at all he should ask her for a coffee or whatever and then get her number. It's daunting stuff by times but if you don't ask you simply won't receive. It could well be a case he has left it too late now but the second best time is today or whenever you see her out for a run next.

wish i didn't :( he's even more pathetic than i am, at least i would have asked her out and if she rejected ..shout "Lesbian!" in her face and then run away

Do you wonder why you're single?!

Do you wonder why you're single?!

aha! but that's where you're wrong my friend,

only one thousand dollar, one-way ticket, and
    she's a great cook too

aha! but that's where you're wrong my friend,

only one thousand dollar, one-way ticket, and
    she's a great cook too

I can think of better ways to spend 1k :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Smooth fry, real smooth! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Swaine

I started a thread on here many moons ago under a previous account asking for advice regarding asking a girl out (I was young and dumb at the time). I did and we dated for 4 years.

Go for it, OP. Life is too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Swaine wrote: »
    I started a thread on here many moons ago under a previous account asking for advice regarding asking a girl out (I was young and dumb at the time). I did and we dated for 4 years.

Was it your teacher/tutor?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Swaine wrote: »

That you Feeky?

let me give you my tale of infatuation ...

many moons ago there was this gorgeous eastern european girl who worked in a shoe shop...met her first when i purchased a pair of shoes there, would return every few days for any ol'reason pretending to browse, buy laces, buy shoe polish etc etc...just to play eye tennis with her - would she give me the "glad eyes"?? in hindsight this must have put her off "this guy's a creep"

anyway i said to myself enough of this sillyness and approached her one day when the coast was clear i.e. no customers about...i could see the panic in her face as she blurted out "no sorry i have a boyfriend"

but i reckon she was bluffing, it was just fact of me going in & out all the time that put her off..if i asked her day one i would have stood a better chance as well as saving a small fortune on footwear accessories :rolleyes:

i think the chinese have a phrase for it "he who hesitates is lost"

let me give you my tale of infatuation ...

many moons ago there was this gorgeous eastern european girl who worked in a shoe shop...met her first when i purchased a pair of shoes there, would return every few days for any ol'reason pretending to browse, buy laces, buy shoe polish etc etc...just to play eye tennis with her - would she give me the "glad eyes"?? in hindsight this must have put her off "this guy's a creep"

anyway i said to myself enough of this sillyness and approached her one day when the coast was clear i.e. no customers about...i could see the panic in her face as she blurted out "no sorry i have a boyfriend"

but i reckon she was bluffing, it was just fact of me going in & out all the time that put her off..if i asked her day one i would have stood a better chance as well as saving a small fortune on footwear accessories :rolleyes:

i think the chinese have a phrase for it "he who hesitates is lost"

Lads might be underestimating the super power of women's eyes and senses. We can see people coming in to the shop/room/business regularly. We can see the interest. We can perceive the vibes. It is all perceptible.
    If they are reciprocated, you will know. Unless the lady is very introverted or on drugs or something.
    Which is the reason why I think that there is not much point in complicating or even ruining a casual comradeship by bringing your willy into the conversation - if she wanted you that way, you would truly know already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Anyone remember Brian & Ciara?

This is worse!

Nothing could be worse than that

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭frosty123

Lads might be underestimating the super power of women's eyes and senses. We can see people coming in to the shop/room/business regularly. We can see the interest. We can perceive the vibes. It is all perceptible.
    If they are reciprocated, you will know.

Can you give us some clues, PLEASE

BTW - Is it true that if a woman wears a hairband on her wrist.. she's giving out a signal that's she's on the look out for a fella?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

frosty123 wrote: »
    Can you give us some clues, PLEASE

BTW - Is it true that if a woman wears a hairband on her wrist.. she's giving out a signal that's she's on the look out for a fella?

Jaysus. Standing here in the vets consultation room waiting for him to come in and tend to my cat, and I've a hairband on my wrist. Perhaps it was subconsciously an intentional thing. Will update if he leaps over the table and flings the cat to one side :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

That's the Claddagh ring you are thinking of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

That's the Claddagh ring you are thinking of.

Is it upside down if you're on the lookout? Or upside down if you're taken? I could never remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Antares35 wrote: »
    Is it upside down if you're on the lookout? Or upside down if you're taken? I could never remember.
    You spin it round. If the heart is on the inside then your heart is spoken for. If it faces out you are on the hunt.

edit.. that is on the right hand. If you wear it on the left heart out- you're engaged. Heart in- married.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭Curious_Case

This never fails -

Hiya, I'm hoping to meet someone to subsequently become locked in to a toxic relationship with, fueled by mutual animosity and passive aggression.
    The net is fairly wide so would you be offended if I sounded you out ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 452 ✭✭Sharpyshoot

Don’t mention the penis ^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Tails142

hurikane wrote: »
    Cheers, wonder what feeky is at these days. He’d be a great man to advise on threads like this.

Funniest part of that thread reading back is that Donna from Neighbours is Margot Robbie lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

If they are reciprocated, you will know. Unless the lady is very introverted or on drugs or something.
    Which is the reason why I think that there is not much point in complicating or even ruining a casual comradeship by bringing your willy into the conversation - if she wanted you that way, you would truly know already.

I don't think these signals you talk about are as obvious as you think otherwise there would be no nervousness or fear of rejection.
    Nor do I believe that women are that finely attuned or else there would never be surprise when they are asked.
    Does the OP really value this ones friendship so much that he can't risk it here? He barely knows the girl other than to say hello to or have a chat. Nothing here to risk other than pride.

Advertisement