Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ritchie & Ritchie

• 04-11-2013 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Lovin the new show!
    Guess I'm biased as the 2 Ritchies were always my favourites on Phantom.
    Great format, banter and content, with quality tunes to boot! Definitely seems to be an improvement overall to the playlists IMO.
    I seem to be slowing my drive home to listen to it longer :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Lovin the new show!
    Guess I'm biased as the 2 Ritchies were always my favourites on Phantom.
    Great format, banter and content, with quality tunes to boot! Definitely seems to be an improvement overall to the playlists IMO.
    I seem to be slowing my drive home to listen to it longer :D

Have to agree, listened to it for the first time last week and was majorly impressed. Good chat, and the lack of playlisting means you'll never know what is coming next. It helps that i managed to win tickets to a gig too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Agreed, although I dont listen to the radio much at that time of day. I'd love some podcasts of it to listen to during working hours

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 95 ✭✭RichieMc

Agreed, although I dont listen to the radio much at that time of day. I'd love some podcasts of it to listen to during working hours

Hi

Cheers for the interest in the show. We podcast as many features as possible here http://www.phantom.ie/player/

Sadly, and much to our chagrin, we don't have a 'listen back' facility on the site. Due to dull-as-ditchwater rights issues, we can't podcast music. So, apologies on that front.

We also post the playlist every night straight after the show on our page, if that helps make up the shortfall.

All the best

Richie Mc.

RichieMc wrote: »
    Hi

Cheers for the interest in the show. We podcast as many features as possible here http://www.phantom.ie/player/

Sadly, and much to our chagrin, we don't have a 'listen back' facility on the site. Due to dull-as-ditchwater rights issues, we can't podcast music. So, apologies on that front.

We also post the playlist every night straight after the show on our page, if that helps make up the shortfall.

All the best

Richie Mc.

Its a pity,keep up the good work anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Anyone listen to the show yesterday?
    They played a song called 'drag and drop', and I can't find any reference to it online!
    Anyone know who sings it? / album details?
    It was a serious pumpin' choon. Ritchie Mc asked listeners to text in if they liked it.
    Cheers!

• Advertisement

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Anyone listen to the show yesterday?
    They played a song called 'drag and drop', and I can't find any reference to it online!
    Anyone know who sings it? / album details?
    It was a serious pumpin' choon. Ritchie Mc asked listeners to text in if they liked it.
    Cheers!

Not looking hard enough, wha?! The track is by Pariis Opera House and it's called "DragNDrop".

If ever you need anything, we post the playlist every night.

http://www.phantom.ie/blogs/190.191.196.267/3964/-/Playlist_02-12-13%20-%20Playlist_02-12-13

Cheers, and thanks for listening

Richie

RichieMc wrote: »
    Not looking hard enough, wha?! The track is by Pariis Opera House and it's called "DragNDrop".

If ever you need anything, we post the playlist every night.

http://www.phantom.ie/blogs/190.191.196.267/3964/-/Playlist_02-12-13%20-%20Playlist_02-12-13

Cheers, and thanks for listening

Richie

Cheers Ritchie. I totally forgot to check the playlist!
    Thanks for putting me out of my pain from getting result after result on windows 'drag and drop' functionality, or info on the Paris Opera House... did you know an unexpected accident occurred in 1896 where one of the counterweights of the chandelier fell from the ceiling killing one opera patron. This event sparked Leroux's imagination and inspired him to write the novel, the Phantom of the Opera...
    Anyway, what a chooon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭KingOfFairview

Little bit too much dance stuff on this show for my tastes so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Looking forward to the Northern Soul night on Monday, excellent idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Jedwardian

I don't always listen to the show but when I do, I discover great music I've never heard before. Bizarro by The Wedding Present which was featured last night is one album worth of examples! It's the best show on the radio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Twizzler

Last night's show was hilarious with the guys getting the digs in! And why wouldn't they....good for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

What were they saying?

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    What were they saying?
    There were plenty of jibes about getting people in WITHIN THE NEXT MONTH, put it that way...here is last night's playlist - you'll see a theme here and there! http://www.phantom.ie/blogs/190.191.196.267/4494/-/Playlist_17-02-14

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

lol at waterloo.

Nice to see a glowing review of the show in the Radio Review section of the Sunday Business Post yesterday.
    It mentioned Phantoms impending demise, but how various nuggets, like R&R, showed strengths management failed to capitalise on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Last R&R tonight....gutted.

National Prayer Breakfast hit me like a thunderbolt, hadn' heard that in years, many sweaty memories from Phantasm came flooding back.

All the best Richie Mc hope everything works out, cheers for the tunes & the laughs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

So will Ritchie Mc get to do sports news again on Newstalk and 98FM, which he got when he was temporarily deprived of a presenter role in Phantom a couple of years ago up until the launch of this very show last year?

Does Ritchie Ryan still have his Stadium Rock show on Saturdays or is he gone completely?

Nice little touch there playing ***** are still running the world!

So will Richie Mc get to do sports news again on Newstalk and 98FM, which he got when he was temporarily deprived of a presenter role in Phantom a couple of years ago up until the launch of this very show last year?

Does Richie Ryan still have his Stadium Rock show on Saturdays or is he gone completely?

Last Stadium Rock this Saturday for Ritchie Ryan.

What will happen on Saturday afternoon the following week?

• Advertisement

What will happen on Saturday afternoon the following week?

Ritchie will be in the pub

• Registered Users Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Nice little touch there playing ***** are still running the world!

Not to mention The Man Don't Give a Fυck!

Ritchie will be in the pub

No doubt! And will there be a new Stadium Rock with a different presenter or non-stop music or what?

No doubt! And will there be a new Stadium Rock with a different presenter or non-stop music or what?

Phantom is turning into TX FM so who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ultimate Ultan

The footie won't be the same without him.

Aw man, lovely closing words by Ritchie McC.
    Epic show as always.
    Can't wait to have you both back on the radio lads.

I stuck with the show for its last 20 minutes or so ever. It was a pretty emotional ending. Ritchie McCormack, in particular, was struggling to keep it together.

I loved the fact that they played "There is a Light That Never Goes" by The Smiths. Good sentiment and a beautiful song anyway (one of my favourite Smiths songs).

What a cheesy last song, but yet it sounded so right and a wee bit sad too, given the context! It was "Thank You For the Music" by Abba.

I was surprised by the closing song, while simultaneously acknowledging its suitability! Deffo an emotional closing sequence. I'll miss them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

• Advertisement

Here's the final playlist

http://www.phantom.ie/blogs/190.191.196.267/4659/-/Playlist_13-03-14:_The_Final_Stand%20-%20Playlist_13-03-14:_The_Final_Stand

Most of everything we did on the show is on that blog too. So if you enjoyed any wee bit of it, thank you.

Richie Mc

Advertisement