Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beef AI/Bulls MEGATHREAD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,054 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Pat mccullen is the guy you want. 0879062041
    bzb is suposidly easy calving. new proof run in 2 weeks or so if you can wait till then to find out if his calving figures hold up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭BaronVon

SFL, belgian blue bull is very easy calved. Speaking from experience as i have calved heifers off him with no trouble. He is available from BOVA AI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

cheers for that. Out of curiousity has anyone used bbq and what sort of results.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Dhousehold

I have a big black (plain Limousin Cow - no muscle) in calf to DEP, will she calf of will it be a C-Section. I also have a small BB ex Fresian Cow in calf to IDB and a mussly black Limousin in calf to IDB. Will they calf or will it be a C-Section. I have a PB Charalois in calf to STQ and a BB ex Fresian in calf of GIGA. Cows are on a diet of hay for 6 weeks and Pre-Calving licks, due from now on. Any advice on using the above named bulls would be very helpfull.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭limo_100

Dhousehold wrote: »
    I have a big black (plain Limousin Cow - no muscle) in calf to DEP, will she calf of will it be a C-Section. I also have a small BB ex Fresian Cow in calf to IDB and a mussly black Limousin in calf to IDB. Will they calf or will it be a C-Section. I have a PB Charalois in calf to STQ and a BB ex Fresian in calf of GIGA. Cows are on a diet of hay for 6 weeks and Pre-Calving licks, due from now on. Any advice on using the above named bulls would be very helpfull.

i dont see why. we have a bluey black kind if a cow in calf to dep shes gona calf in the next day or two ill let you know how she goes. i used a few more dep calves as ai man said he brings great calves

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

The only concern I would have is the BB crossed on the BBX. To my mind it's risky. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about the Lim or even the CH heifer.
    Over the years I've seen cows that I'd be worried about just get on with it and calve. No point in worrying about it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

you have no worry with any,the bbx fre in calf to giga is the one to watch as has been said already bbx bb can be trouble but giga is not doing the business and his straws are been given away now for 12 euro .i have 3 gigas only 1 anygood and he is not great.

byu is the bull to produce show calfs. nothing beats a good ch in the show ring.I like the look of cottage devon and lgl

i have bones slackening slightly in cows 2 weeks before their time,does this mean there carrying a big calf.

i have bones going in cows 2 weeks before their time what does this mean?

explain i dont no wat you mean by that

• Advertisement

byu is the bull to produce show calfs. nothing beats a good ch in the show ring.I like the look of cottage devon and lgl

have some cottage calves there very good especially from plain cows. there great thick calves. have not used lgl yet but i intend to id say hes similar to kib

I use byu and dep for show calves.I am going to use kce the blonde on a few cows this year.I had a extremely musculy calf off him last year.I am also going to use adx he has great bloodlines (vivaldixideal23).I heard his producing very stylish cattle.I am definetely going to use cottage devon lgl mdo and lanzac on a few mature cows.

I use byu and dep for show calves.I am going to use kce the blonde on a few cows this year.I had a extremely musculy calf off him last year.I am also going to use adx he has great bloodlines (vivaldixideal23).I heard his producing very stylish cattle.I am definetely going to use cottage devon lgl mdo and lanzac on a few mature cows.

i have used all them charolais mdo is one of the best av used adx aswel but won't any calves from him till next spring. adx would be a good bull to use on blue cows

what bulls do u use for springers

limo_100 wrote: »
    . have not used lgl yet but i intend to id say hes similar to kib

He aint

He aint

and how do you no that

and how do you no that

He has "Sources".............Simples:D

Bizzum wrote: »
    He has "Sources".............Simples:D

sure we could all say that;) but ncbc are not stupid either they bought him for a reason

sure we could all say that

The important thing about the internet is knowing what and who to believe. Some things you can take with a grain of salt................It's the other golden nuggets ya need to look for.
    So..........Know your "Sources":)

The important thing about the internet is knowing what and who to believe. Some things you can take with a grain of salt................It's the other golden nuggets ya need to look for.
    So..........Know your "Sources":)

suppose its hard to to believe anyone anymore i mean just look at the goverment:D but i just looked up lgl on the icbf website and its says he has no calves on the ground yet so how could anyone no until there someting on the ground....
    and also jus compared him to kib and the stats are very similar..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

. have not used lgl yet but i intend to id say hes similar to kib

He aint

would KIB be a better bull in your opinion?... Seen some great calves after bosco but haven't seen any lgl yet to compare to

how could anyone no until there someting on the ground....

I can't speak for anyone only myself but if I stood in a field with those two bulls in front of me I'd surely be able to compare them.
    In relation to the stats: I could easily find a CH bull with set of figures to match closely a Lim or a BB or Sim but needless to say they will all breed differently:)

how could anyone no until there someting on the ground....

I can't speak for anyone only myself but if I stood in a field with those two bulls in front of me I'd surely be able to compare them.
    In relation to the stats: I could easily find a CH bull with set of figures to match closely a Lim or a BB or Sim but needless to say they will all breed differently:)
    Buts that's my point we can't say he's a bad bull until we see his offspring and I'm not saying he's better or worse than kib but in terms of stuture their similar there both smallish bulls with loads of muscle. I've used kib and he's a great one he's at his best crossed with taller cows. So there only one way to find out how good lgl is and that's to use him

i have a very good heifer for the bull but i do not no what bull to give her any advice

what breed is the heifer and what breed(s) are you thinking of using?

what age do you sell at?

she is a 96 percent LM very good big heifer

and do you want to use another limo?

OZS, HCA or PAM

said it let ya no that cow calved to dep today calved herself. nice blue bull calf hes very thick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

Is there straws still to be got from this sire or have they been reserved for pedigree use !?

• Advertisement

said it let ya no that cow calved to dep today calved herself. nice blue bull calf hes very thick.

Great stuff!
    I'd be interested to know how the 2 BB cows carrying to the BB go.

Advertisement