Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jack Wills

• 26-11-2020 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi all, anyone know if Jack wills still have a store in Dublin or has it closed as the one in Kildare Village is now closed. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Rrrrrr2

Hi all, anyone know if Jack wills still have a store in Dublin or has it closed as the one in Kildare Village is now closed. Thanks

Still open! Was surprised KE one closed- always one of the busiest shops there actually and good too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Hmm... I didn't know JW in Kildare Village closed!? When did that happen?

Although I am not surprised as it was bought out by the Sportsdirect/House of Fraser/ Mike Ashely a while back....think about 2 years ago.

I bought stuff (tshirts, hoodies, tracksuit bottoms, etc.) from them back in day, going back about 7-10 years ago (yikes!) which are still going strong. Back then a large majority of their clothing was made in Europe, mainly Portugal. Over the years the quality has really diminished despite their prices going up. Now that they're owned and manufactured under the Sportsdirect umbrella, I imagine the quality is just about average at best...

Heatons/Brandmax/Sportdirect stock a lot of JackWills in-store, if you're near one, with large percentages off the rrp (whether the items of clothing were ever that price, remains to be seen).

Edited to add: I just checked and SD purchased Jackwills last August...

Advertisement