Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice. Insurance company taking away my income. **Read MOD note Post 35**

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cwalsh49

It’s unbelievable, I would not last a Day at work , I will be exhausted 💀, I work in elderly care and a danger to the patients . They should do a assessment of my work place first . It’s wrong a dr from the insurance company , they are being paid to judge you on a few hrs and to save money for the company . I will fight it if I have too , but , like so many , don’t know what to do at the moment . My CPAD in November

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭imokyrok

Cwalsh49 wrote: »
    It’s unbelievable, I would not last a Day at work , I will be exhausted 💀, I work in elderly care and a danger to the patients . They should do a assessment of my work place first . It’s wrong a dr from the insurance company , they are being paid to judge you on a few hrs and to save money for the company . I will fight it if I have too , but , like so many , don’t know what to do at the moment . My CPAD in November

I had the CPAD a couple of times. It is stressful and the report implied I wasn't trying even though I did not hold back in any way. I found that slur on my honesty distressing and frustrating so be prepared for that. The insurance company sent me to a different doctor each time until they found one who clearly didn't believe in fibromyalgia and they then withdrew my funding. However my consultant sent them a strongly worded letter and the funding was reinstated after a visit to yet another of their consultants. Fight it all the way and if you are too ill get a friend to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 NolieB

Could I PM you Boronia

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Boronia

Yes, do

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tarshaan

i realise this has been quiet a couple of years, but is anyone able to message me with advice on fighting an insurance decision re fibromyalgia & depression? I did the various insurance assessments but they claimed after review of everything i was fit for work.... i finally managed to get a copy of the reports out of them and it seems that CPAD is the main problem i think?, that essentially called me a liar from what i can gather although it's a very very long report and i can't really unnderstand all (or much) of it. (Which isn't surprising as i did not understand it at the time i took it either).

The occupational doctor they sent me to initially agreed i was unfit for work but then they sent her the CPAD and she changed her opinion. I have made an appointment with the rheumatologist who diagnosed me in 2017 (i have only been off work since last year when things go much worse) for an update but that is not until november.... in the meanwhile i'm supposed to go back and do a job i cannot do from september!

I want to fight this but i have honestly no idea where to even start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭imokyrok

Do fight it. They cut me off once based on a report from a doctor in Naas they sent me to who clearly didn't believe in fibromyalgia at all. My Pain Consultant at the time took one look at her report and said 'she writes the same one for everyone'. He wrote a blistering complaint to Irish Life and so they sent me to yet another consultant. That one didn't belive in fibromyalgia either but he did recognise that my chronic migraine was an issue and I got my PHI back.

You must just keep fighting it with your own doctors. They sent me to so many consultants trying to find one who would knock me off. A different one every year or two. After 10 years they stopped. Seems to be a rule. Best of luck. I know how hard it is to fight when you're sick. Get help if you can.

Advertisement