Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eReaders for visually impaired

• 01-10-2019 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

Hi there, I'm looking for recommendations for eReaders for visually impaired folks - one which allows for larger text, etc............

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Kindles are great, I wonder if the more tactile ones with buttons at the side for turning pages is better than the touch screen models, for the visually impaired?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,003 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Might well be worth contacting NCBI;

https://www.ncbi.ie/types-of-assistive-technology/

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭afterglow

Hi OP
    Hope its alright to post here, was just having a scrole through, and seen your post
    there are many different options in terms of reading devices, if the person the post is for, has a smart phone, then there's a kindle app, and a lot of the time, kindle books now have the “ screen reader ” function supported, which means one can read books, kindle, on iphone, using the built in screen reader, called voice over, it works very well, use it myself as I have no vision. there are also ipads, and I believe some of the android devices work well, if its larger print you want. If its speech, and easy use of same you want, I'd look at an I device, or possibly a kindle. I hope you have managed to find something by now, just my tuppence worth :)

Advertisement