Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

• 01-09-2019 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42 PSNIhopeful1

The PSNI announced on social media that they intend to recruit again in January 2020.

This thread is for everyone planning on applying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PSNIhopeful1

Based on the length of time between phases on a previous application process which I applied to, I have estimated these timings:

Application: January 2020
    Initial Selection Test (IST): February 2020
    IST Results: April 2020

Vetting forms will be received somewhere in between IST and AC.

Assessment Centre: May 2020
    Assessment Centre Results: August 2020

Online Learning will be somewhere between receiving AC results and PCA

Physical Competency Assessment (PCA): September 2020
    Medical: September 2020
    Notification of Appoint-ability: Late September/Early October 2020

Estimate start dates based on position on waiting list:
    Top 100 - October 2020
    100-200 - November/December 2020
    200-300 - January/February 2021
    300-400 - February/March 2021
    400-500 - March/May 2021
    500-600 - May/June 2021

Every date on this post is a complete estimate. Dates will probably end up being later due to the fact that 1810 is still ongoing.

I'm incredibly excited as I was previously rejected due to medical reasons; but I should now be fine to apply and have a lot of back up medically to appeal if I am rejected again. The reason for this post is just to give others an idea of how long the process takes as it is quite lengthy.

I wish everybody in this campaign the best of luck and hope to see you all on the other side as constables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Greyhound79

Cheers @PSNIhopeful1. Good luck to all of you thinking of applying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭YNWA27

Based on the length of time between phases on a previous application process which I applied to, I have estimated these timings:

Application: January 2020
    Initial Selection Test (IST): February 2020
    IST Results: April 2020

Vetting forms will be received somewhere in between IST and AC.

Assessment Centre: May 2020
    Assessment Centre Results: August 2020

Online Learning will be somewhere between receiving AC results and PCA

Physical Competency Assessment (PCA): September 2020
    Medical: September 2020
    Notification of Appoint-ability: Late September/Early October 2020

Estimate start dates based on position on waiting list:
    Top 100 - October 2020
    100-200 - November/December 2020
    200-300 - January/February 2021
    300-400 - February/March 2021
    400-500 - March/May 2021
    500-600 - May/June 2021

Every date on this post is a complete estimate. Dates will probably end up being later due to the fact that 1810 is still ongoing.

I'm incredibly excited as I was previously rejected due to medical reasons; but I should now be fine to apply and have a lot of back up medically to appeal if I am rejected again. The reason for this post is just to give others an idea of how long the process takes as it is quite lengthy.

I wish everybody in this campaign the best of luck and hope to see you all on the other side as constables.

Vetting forms between IST and AC was a 1710 one off.

1810 did not receive this...

Online learning for 1810 was received only after PCA pass

More accurate based on experiences of 1710 and 1810.

January go live

February Applications close

Feb-March IST window

April Deloitte need to verifiy quals and that you meet criteria and schedule ACs

May - July ACs

August Deloitte build merit list and prepare outcome emails.

Sept 2020 - results.

If there is fast tracking in 2001 Campaign it will likely occur July/August.

Candidates progressed to PSNI managed stages in merit order in Tranches of approx 100 from Sept/Oct onwards.

• Advertisement

Highly unlikely there will be any 2020 starting until 2021

PSNI managed stages process.

1) Progression email
    2) PCA invite
    3) Vetting forms come in post, return within 2-4 weeks. Candidates from ROI need to include a credit report.
    4) PCA familiarisation day
    5) PCA.

If you pass PCA 1st attempt;
    6 a) medical questionnaire in PCA results envelope. Medical date given via email shortly after.
    6 b) Online learning given to be completed within a short time frame.
    7) complete your part and GP to complete theirs prior to medical.
    8) medical and SMT sample taken
    9) medical result within 1-10 days
    10) SMT result shortly after med result.
    11) await vetting as te process will have begun as they received you completed forms.

Of you fail PCA re test you will be given a re-test date 12 weeks later. And info to attend support sessions. You can have your 2nd attempt at any support session. After passing PCA process as above.

Estimate start dates (probably futile and foolish to guess it but)

Top 100 Jan/Feb 2021
    200-300 March/April 2021

Etc etc

JoinPSNI says new campaign being advertised in January may not actually go live until Feb or March

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭psnihopeful

Hi guys. I was horrified when I logged back on the boards to see I was last active 5 years ago!!!

So much has changed since then, and i gave up the opportunity to join the PSNI after getting so far the last time.

There is no time like the present however and I hope that 2020 will be my year & the year for all you aspiring PSNI hopefuls.

It feels good to be back in the game..

• Advertisement

YNWA27 wrote: »
    JoinPSNI says new campaign being advertised in January may not actually go live until Feb or March

They posted on Instagram a few days ago with a photo saying "We are recruiting January 2020". I would imagine that means the new process will begin in January.

Have a friend who is currently in GV, he says they're already overcrowded but have started an extra 2 squads.

They're trying to get as many people on the streets as possible as they're pretty understaffed.

I would imagine that my timeline is quite inaccurate but I could see at least 1 or 2 classes of the 2020 campaign starting at the end of 2020.

They usually get roughly 600 people through the entire process. 50 people per class starting give/take every 4 weeks, is 12 months.

Meaning 1710 should be coming to the end of it's life and people from 1810 will be starting soon.
    So, hopefully by the time the 2020 recruitment process is reaching the medical stage, most of 1810 will be in/through GV.

Again; complete estimates but I'm just being hopeful as I got rejected from 1710 for medical reasons, skipped 1810 for the same reason and have been waiting since.

I'm 1810 first intake started just there and I start Oct 🀷*♂️

They also only started one extra intake not sure where you got 2 from...

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Unperturbed Zero

I have a medical coming up at the end of the month - with the above timelines I hope to have "the call" by the end of the year with a 15 month old application.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Lockie101

YNWA27 wrote: »
    I'm 1810 first intake started just there and I start Oct ��*♂️

Good job! Good to hear about someone from the old threads who got in! Good luck in training

• Registered Users Posts: 12 officerready11

January 2020 IMPORTANT for those who are applying

I've seen some posts on this about people not having a Maths or English GCSE but more so about people not having a Maths GCSE.

Upon checking the education requirements with Deloitte for the forthcoming recruitment campaign in January 2020 by emailing info@joinpsni, I was told the following: PSNI will be altering their educational requirements and this will stay the same for the foreseeable future. 5 GCSEs including English Language, no requirement for a Maths GCSE.

I hope to be successful in this campaign. I graduate in June 2021 with a Law degree have all my GCSEs and A Levels so fingers crossed I pass all the stages in the January 2020 recruitment campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Eire_1600

That’s good, I emailed them about the GCSE Maths grade equivalent to Rep of Ireland grades as I was unsure but at least it’s no longer a requirement. Does anyone know any websites/courses to practice for the aptitude tests?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 officerready11

IST prep

With the recruitment process in a few months I've started my prep for the IST.

I know it consists of two stages: verbal reasoning and situational judgement.

In terms of preparing for it does anyone have any tips. I've done the IST prep on the PSNI's website but what other resources are people using?

Also does anyone know how many marks in total the IST is worth? For example how many marks are available for the verbal reasoning section and how many marks are available for the situational judgement section?

Thanks

PSNI Hopeful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

IST prep

With the recruitment process in a few months I've started my prep for the IST.

I know it consists of two stages: verbal reasoning and situational judgement.

In terms of preparing for it does anyone have any tips. I've done the IST prep on the PSNI's website but what other resources are people using?

Also does anyone know how many marks in total the IST is worth? For example how many marks are available for the verbal reasoning section and how many marks are available for the situational judgement section?

Thanks

PSNI Hopeful

Not too sure how many marks are available but I believe the pass mark will be dependent on how many people apply and how many they need to get through

Does anyone know what date the recruitment campaign will begin? I was expecting it to begin tomorrow but remember seeing on a website that the cut off point for age limit is 21st February and the application process usually lasts 20-30 days which would mean the process will start on 21st January or have I taking this up completely wrong?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

Eire_1600 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what date the recruitment campaign will begin? I was expecting it to begin tomorrow but remember seeing on a website that the cut off point for age limit is 21st February and the application process usually lasts 20-30 days which would mean the process will start on 21st January or have I taking this up completely wrong?

Thanks in advance.

No official start date as I know of yet I would imagine it will not be tomorrow but perhaps next week when Deloitte are probably back to work.

Thanks in advance.

No official date yet but I would imagine that it's going to be next Monday (6th of January). Just a guess but I've been patiently waiting as I'm sure many have

Patiently waiting too I would say there's a good chance next week, anybody know when the police staff roles are going live?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Yukuza2008

Hi guys will be first time applying for PSNI. Very excited about it.

Doesnt look like the website is going live this week

They posted a recruitment video on YouTube yesterday, only seen it this morning so hopefully it is a sign that recruitment starts Monday possibly. Looking forward to it.

They posted a recruitment video on YouTube yesterday, only seen it this morning so hopefully it is a sign that recruitment starts Monday possibly. Looking forward to it.

I see that there now good job hopefully they will open it up on monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tashbash

Facebook post says February now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Cheddar87

It might be the case that they will advertise throughout January and then open the applications in February.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Pecks123

Take one stage at a time, and goodluck to everybody applying

Advertisement