Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for details of a fallen Irishman

• 12-11-2018 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭

A friend is seeking any details of a man interred in the Little Bray cemetery. On the gravestone is written W Mulley, Royal Dublin Fusiliers, 19093 L Sit, 23rd October 1918 aged 36.

Any info or tips on how to garner further info gratefully received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bluezulu49

RadioRetro wrote: »
    A friend is seeking any details of a man interred in the Little Bray cemetery. On the gravestone is written W Mulley, Royal Dublin Fusiliers, 19093 L Sit, 23rd October 1918 aged 36.

Any info or tips on how to garner further info gratefully received.

Commonwealth War Graves Commission have his name as William Mulvey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭enfield

See below.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭enfield

Mulvey, William. (Dublin, Wicklow). Private. 228771.
    Regiment/Service: Labour Corps.
    Date of death: 23/10/1918.
    Born: Little Bray, County Dublin.
    Enlisted: Bray, County Wicklow.
    Residence: Little Bray, County Dublin.
    Death: Died at the Military Barracks, Mullingar, from Pneumonia and Influenza.
    Next of kin, etc: Husband of Catherine Mulvey, of Casey's Cottages, Green Park Rd, Bray.
    Notes- Formerly he was with the 9th Battalion, Royal Dublin Fusiliers where his number was 19093.
    Grave/Memorial: Ha 47 7.
    Cemetery: Little Bray (St Peters) Catholic Cemetery, Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Thank you lads, greatly appreciated. I'll pass those details on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kiltermon

I realise this topic is pretty old but I have only just found the thread. William Mulvey was my Grandad and thanks to years of painstaking research I have discovered quite a lot about him, he died in 1918 so I didn't know him but I did know his wife, my Gran for a little while until she died. Can I help ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement