Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with my Business studies and German degree?

• 16-05-2018 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'll be graduating (hopefully) in roughly 12 months with a degree in business studies and German from Trinity.

My problem is that I am not really sure what direction to go in. I'm a bit lost as to what I should do in terms of a career. I don't have a huge interest in a lot of jobs offered to business type students. I kind of enjoy finance but my maths skills are not great being honest.

I'm not even sure what I should go for in terms of highest earning potential/working conditions etc.

Any one been in a similar situation or have any advice/ideas?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ubisoft5

Kinda in an opposite direction, I graduated with a degree in economics and I have only been called for entry accounting positions despite having taken some courses in finance. I put on my CV that I speak intermediate German and uploaded on some websites. Tons of recruitment agents email me with German speaking positions, I guess they use a filter and don't even bother checking CV's fully.

At least the fact that you probably speak German fluently might get you somehow what you are looking for, it seems to me it is highly sought.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

So we know a few things: you speak german, like working in finance, and want a well paid role.
    That actually helps a lot! What do you like about working in finance?
    Having a second european language is a huge boon!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Does your college have a careers service? Ours has some books on careers by degrees. Worth a look, if you haven't already.

Speak to careers advisers, maybe check where previous students went?

Advertisement