Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

10-07-2018, 15:27   #16
pixelburp

The action of the second film was definitely as strong and punchy as the first film, but the pacing felt sluggish, the script a little baggier. John Wick 1 had an incredibly immediate, postcard sized plot: ex-hitman's car is stolen, dog killed, takes revenge. John Wick 2 dove too far into its mythology IMO, the film grinding to a halt for one too many scenes featuring characters grimly talking contracts, blood oaths or politics.
Advertisement
10-07-2018, 15:33   #17
Masala

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob316 View Post
The 2nd was better and even more ridiculous.
As I sat thru the 2nd one ... I found myself feeling sorry for all those mothers/wives/children of all those bouncers in the nightclub that got wasted!! How would the local funeral homes deal with such an amount of funerals??? What was the scene later when the Local Emergency Plan kicked in and how did the police get to interview everyone there as to taking their statements etc What would be the headlines on the main news that night??? And still John Wicks can roam the streets the next day.

.... I can't see the point in just mass-killings if we are to take the character serious.
10-07-2018, 15:44   #18
mcmoustache

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masala View Post
As I sat thru the 2nd one ... I found myself feeling sorry for all those mothers/wives/children of all those bouncers in the nightclub that got wasted!! How would the local funeral homes deal with such an amount of funerals??? What was the scene later when the Local Emergency Plan kicked in and how did the police get to interview everyone there as to taking their statements etc What would be the headlines on the main news that night??? And still John Wicks can roam the streets the next day.

.... I can't see the point in just mass-killings if we are to take the character serious.
In my opinion, if the events in John Wick 2 actually happened in real life, it would probably kick off World War 3.
10-07-2018, 16:41   #19
nix

My fav scene in the second one was the short but sweet, Spoiler: silencer shoot out. It's such a brilliant simple idea that i cant believe it hasnt been done before, i know it sucks to see repeated/similar scenes in sequels, but id love to see a grander/longer shoot out like it in the third
10-07-2018, 16:53   #20
rob316

Quote:

Mate, if there is any movie you should check your brain at the door for its John Wick.
Advertisement
11-07-2018, 17:13   #21

Quote:

Here is the answer you are looking for.

I understand that movies need to make at least some sense and John Wick does to some extent.

The shadowy underworld has all sorts of connections and what not. I suspect cleaning up the aftermath isn't all too difficult and they probably influence the news to blame it on a <radical nationality of your choice>.
11-07-2018, 17:41   #22
brevity

Mark Dacascos. Class.

I loved his movies when I was younger.
20-07-2018, 22:12   #23

New on set shot.

Thanks from:
20-07-2018, 22:39   #24
Cantona's Collars

John Wick does True Lies.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
20-07-2018, 23:40   #25
nix

I'm glad its a real horse and not a green one of these:

21-07-2018, 08:25   #26
Tony EH

Saw the first one and thought it was grand, if stupid.

But, what's left to tell in a story like this?
21-07-2018, 10:28   #27
Masala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony EH View Post
Saw the first one and thought it was grand, if stupid.

But, what's left to tell in a story like this?
Maybe someone kills his horse!!! He's such an animal lover!!!
Thanks from:
25-07-2018, 20:26   #28
Ten of Swords

Quote:
Originally Posted by brevity View Post
Mark Dacascos. Class.

I loved his movies when I was younger.
Here he is filming with Keanu

And here they are having a laugh between takes!
(2) thanks from:
26-07-2018, 13:30   #29
eviltimeban

Agreed, I did get somewhat weary at the sheer relentlessness of the brutality, and the fact that he absolutely, positively had to kill every motherf**ker in the room.

At times I did think "can he just let that guy live", and then blam - bullet to the face.

But I suppose that's the point of John Wick.
26-07-2018, 13:32   #30
Brief_Lives

It's headshot after glorious headshot....

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion