Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-02-2014, 14:57   #76
Csalem

I have spotted the Driving School RAs out in the city centre a lot in the last week or so. I was wondering if maybe that was some of the driver assessments?
Advertisement
12-02-2014, 09:28   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary10r View Post
I know there is nothing normal about this process but does anyone know the general route you are taking on from the depot?? its been a long time since i was over that direction.
Could bring you anywhere really it will probably only be for around 30 minutes just remember your 30kmph in around the city center if you go that direction.
Thanks from:
12-02-2014, 09:39   #78
Gary10r

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdebru View Post
Could bring you anywhere really it will probably only be for around 30 minutes just remember your 30kmph in around the city center if you go that direction.
Thanks for that, i havent drove around the city centre in yonks in a car never mind a bus, i have experience in a RV but not in the city centre, ah sure ill just be mr careful & see what happens.
13-02-2014, 20:24   #79
the boss of me

Quote:
Thanks for that, as much as i hate cyclists
You might want to keep that quiet on the day. Most if not all of the inspectors in the driving school are keen cyclists ; )
13-02-2014, 21:47   #80
Gary10r

Quote:
Originally Posted by the boss of me View Post
You might want to keep that quiet on the day. Most if not all of the inspectors in the driving school are keen cyclists ; )
Oh they are my best buds on that day, might even throw in 'im a keen cyclist myself'
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
15-02-2014, 22:44   #81
rx8

Their favourite route is left and then right on to Western Way, around Blessington St. and then on to O'Connell St. Make sure to observe the sneaky stop sign coming out of Phibsboro Garage, and the 30 kph limit around town and you'll be alright.
As mentioned already, the driving instructors are all really nice and they have seen it all before.
Best of luck anyway and keep us posted as to how you get on.
Thanks from:
16-02-2014, 10:40   #82
Gary10r

Thanks for that, appreciated, ye i heard about the sneaky stop sign coming out of the garage ye ill be back on to update,cheers
Thanks from:
21-02-2014, 21:02   #83
usiaczek283

not all of the Dublin Bus passengers are so bad some are really nice to the drivers.
Especially if you go to work each day and the same driver takes you there, replies to your ''Hi/Good morning'' and to your 'have a nice day'. It is a nice way to start a day each day when you are tired and sleepy in the morning.
Thanks from:
21-02-2014, 23:31   #84
rx8

Unfortunately though, most of the new recruits will be bringing them home from the pub when they are locked and looking for a row.
Advertisement
22-02-2014, 13:26   #85
Careful_now!

Quote:
Thanks for that, appreciated, ye i heard about the sneaky stop sign coming out of the garage ye ill be back on to update,cheers
Have you had your driving assessment yet?
24-02-2014, 20:05   #86
I lost me ticket

Just got letter today to confirm driving assessment & interview next week.
Has anyone been offered job yet?
24-02-2014, 21:09   #87
usiaczek283

How do the shifts work in Dublin Bus once you are not a spare driver anymore? Is it from Monday to Friday? you get like early shifts (morning) for a whole week and then really late ones (evening) for another week and it rotates over few weeks?
How long does it take to be moved from spare driver to become 5 days driver? just wondering..., as I might tell my friend to apply for the job as well :-)
25-02-2014, 17:48   #88
I lost me ticket

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiaczek283 View Post
How do the shifts work in Dublin Bus once you are not a spare driver anymore? Is it from Monday to Friday? you get like early shifts (morning) for a whole week and then really late ones (evening) for another week and it rotates over few weeks?
How long does it take to be moved from spare driver to become 5 days driver? just wondering..., as I might tell my friend to apply for the job as well :-)
As far as I know they closed down the online application . Closing date for receipt of applications, I think was last month.
25-02-2014, 19:01   #89
The_Pretender

Quote:
Originally Posted by usiaczek283 View Post
It seems the average is 9/10 years of being a spare driver.
26-02-2014, 18:13   #90

I got invited for assessments this saturday in the gresham,did anybody else get the invited?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion