Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap car hire Bristol airport

• 09-07-2019 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭

Hi, has anyone got discount codes or offers at the moment for car hire at Bristol airport?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

try Ryanair Car Hire, prices are better than most other companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭k123456

Cheap can turn out be expensive

Cheap car cos , goldcar , firefly , Rhodium etc, will routinely offer a low price, and then add on huge amounts for insurance, fictitious scratches etc

10% off with Hertz, if AA member

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

I hired with Avis, via the Aer Lingus site, at Birmingham, last week. I checked around and it was cheaper than any 'direct' options.

Agree re ripoffs, on another occasion at Birmingham I selected an 'unknown' i.e. not a name I recognised,and it was 1) not on the airport, 2) hassled me to buy 'extras' 3) tried to say I had scratches on the car 4) didn't offer any transport back to the terminal, 5) added charges on the CC, which I had to block.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dodonovan

I agree with the previous posts. FWIW, I hired a car for a Saturday at Bristol airport a couple of weeks ago, and was glad I didn't go with the cheapest as their office was completely outside the airport around 15-20 minutes on foot. Booked a small Fiesta-sized car with Hertz via AutoEurope at short notice for €65, and got excess cover from carhireexcess.ie for €5. Zero hassle, and they even upgraded me to an Audi A5 S-line!! 😠Take loads of photos of the car from every angle before & after though, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭farmer2018

dodonovan wrote: »
    I agree with the previous posts. FWIW, I hired a car for a Saturday at Bristol airport a couple of weeks ago, and was glad I didn't go with the cheapest as their office was completely outside the airport around 15-20 minutes on foot. Booked a small Fiesta-sized car with Hertz via AutoEurope at short notice for €65, and got excess cover from carhireexcess.ie for €5. Zero hassle, and they even upgraded me to an Audi A5 S-line!! 😠Take loads of photos of the car from every angle before & after though, just in case.

Thanks, I was looking there and it's actually cheaper to book directly through Hertz website. Did you have a discount code?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 dodonovan

farmer2018 wrote: »
    Thanks, I was looking there and it's actually cheaper to book directly through Hertz website. Did you have a discount code?

I didn't have a discount code, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

farmer2018 wrote: »

Hi I'm travelling to Bristol airport later this month and I have followed Dodonovan advice and booked Hertz and car hire excess here. Anything I should know around collecting the car or dropping it back? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭farmer2018

boardz wrote: »
    Hi I'm travelling to Bristol airport later this month and I have followed Dodonovan advice and booked Hertz and car hire excess here. Anything I should know around collecting the car or dropping it back? Cheers.

Just make sure you check the car well for any marks, as the day I collected the car it was raining and only saw some after when the car dried out a few hours later I notified the branch straight away as I didn't see them at the start.

The branch are good to deal with and a speedy service. The airport has easy entry and exit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Went with Enterprise and had a great experience in Birmingham. What I did was I took a video around the car when I picked it up in the depot pointing out bits of wear and a few scratches.

Advertisement