Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

High quality bed, mattress and headboard

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭bigmickey.ie

commited wrote: »
    Is your €199 double bed the same as Airsprung Hollis from Argos? This is a bed that will be rarely used as it's to go in our second spare room so is it worth spending twice as much on the semi-ortho model?

When's the next delivery slot in Dublin available?

Hi

Apologies for delay, I was in Uk.

Have not seen that one but we get alot of Airsprung ones. We go to Dublin most days.

Thanks

Bigmickey

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭AGUSIA1

Hi Big Mickey
    Im looking for a top of the range king size mattress and divan.

Firm but not rock hard.

what have you got or recommend.

AGUSIA1 wrote: »
    Hi Big Mickey
    Im looking for a top of the range king size mattress and divan.

Firm but not rock hard.

what have you got or recommend.

Hi AGUSIA1

We have many different ones. We just bought a large consignment of John Lewis 5000 to 7000 pocket sprung mattresses. We won't have home until early January. Definitely worth a look when we get them.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Hi AGUSIA1

We have many different ones. We just bought a large consignment of John Lewis 5000 to 7000 pocket sprung mattresses. We won't have home until early January. Definitely worth a look when we get them.

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Legend

• Registered Users Posts: 28,773 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Hi AGUSIA1

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Joining in as I may be interested in one of these....

Any guide (rough as you like) to price?

I currently have a wooden slatted bed frame and (very good, I thought, it certainly cost enough at the time) pocket sprung mattress which between them have my back absolutely broken.

Thinking of replacing the base first for a divan to see if that improves matters. Do you supply divan bases only? (6ft, which I think is superking?)

Will keep an eye on this thread!

• Advertisement

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Joining in as I may be interested in one of these....

Any guide (rough as you like) to price?

I currently have a wooden slatted bed frame and (very good, I thought, it certainly cost enough at the time) pocket sprung mattress which between them have my back absolutely broken.

Thinking of replacing the base first for a divan to see if that improves matters. Do you supply divan bases only? (6ft, which I think is superking?)

Will keep an eye on this thread!

Hi HeidiHeidi

I would expect them to be half price of what they normally are. This all happened in a hurry so we have loaded them in UK yesterday but as we are closed for Christmas from today we decided there was little point bringing them home before the holidays. They are manufactured by Spink and Edgar which is the same bed group that Harrison is part of.

http://www.spinkandedgar.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Hi BigMick,

Perhaps you could list some of your best deals on here for the January sales. Given your already closed for Xmas. Be warned were proper bargain hunters here haha! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Hi Mick,
    How firm are these mattresses? Bought a kaymed mattress last year locally and there are two big dips in it and it is giving me back pain. Meant to be memory foam.
    Want a good quality firm mattress. Raging that we only got a year out of last mattress that was meant to be a good brand.

cronos wrote: »
    Hi BigMick,

Perhaps you could list some of your best deals on here for the January sales. Given your already closed for Xmas. Be warned were proper bargain hunters here haha! ;)

We have from €99 upwards. What type of mattress are you looking for ? Really you need to try before you buy.

Thanks
    Bigmickey Team

Hi Mick,
    How firm are these mattresses? Bought a kaymed mattress last year locally and there are two big dips in it and it is giving me back pain. Meant to be memory foam.
    Want a good quality firm mattress. Raging that we only got a year out of last mattress that was meant to be a good brand.

Hi maynooth_rules

I would imagine Kaymed would do something for you if it's only a year old. Perhaps try there before spending your money elsewhere.

We have all types of firmness in stock from Rock hard downwards. Let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

We have from €99 upwards. What type of mattress are you looking for ? Really you need to try before you buy.

Looking for a super king bed frame and mattress (memory foam if possible) can you tell me if you have many in stock and rough price before I decide to travel from Dublin, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭south

Hi Mick,

Some of those mattresses would be covered with a ten year guarantee. Contact them and see what they'll do for you.

Danielle D wrote: »
    Looking for a super king bed frame and mattress (memory foam if possible) can you tell me if you have many in stock and rough price before I decide to travel from Dublin, thanks!

Hi there

We are closed until January 3rd. We have one of the biggest stocks of Superking beds in the country. All are in stock with no waiting period. Mattresses start from €200 and go up to several thousand. Same applies to frames as we have a big stock of them also. We also have all the bedding at knockdown prices. We special in Superking beds and are a one stop shop for everything to do with Superking models. Free delivery and in Dublin everyday. Next delivery to Dublin is 3rd January.

Thanks

Bigmickey Team

Hiya

Could you please clarify if you sell divan bases on their own, with no mattress? Had a look at the website but it wasn't clear from there.

I'd be looking for a 6ft (is that superking ???) with some drawer(s) and possibly a spilt base

Also are there headboards to fit divan bases?

Thanks!

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Hiya

Could you please clarify if you sell divan bases on their own, with no mattress? Had a look at the website but it wasn't clear from there.

I'd be looking for a 6ft (is that superking ???) with some drawer(s) and possibly a spilt base

Also are there headboards to fit divan bases?

Thanks!

Hi, Yes of course we do. We have new Silentnight 4 drawer split base models for €299. These come with headboard fittings supplied. We have hundreds of Superking headboards in stock. Thanks

Hi, Yes of course we do. We have new Silentnight 4 drawer split base models for €299. These come with headboard fittings supplied. We have hundreds of Superking headboards in stock. Thanks
    Wow, wasn't expecting a reply at this hour of night!

Might take a spin down in the new year so, and see what you have to offer.

Thanks!

retweet wrote: »
    How much is it for your cheapest kingsize divan + mattress? Do you deliver to cork, if so how much?

Hi

We have a Airsprung Kingsize set for €199 and a better one €249. Delivery is free if in the area ourselves or by courier about €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Robynu

Hi, maybe you can help? Am very tight for space in new apartment, need shortest standard double available, good medium mattress and headboard, 190 max length incl headboard, any suggestions. Is it possible to get shorter length beds? Cheers..thanks.

Robynu wrote: »
    Hi, maybe you can help? Am very tight for space in new apartment, need shortest standard double available, good medium mattress and headboard, 190 max length incl headboard, any suggestions. Is it possible to get shorter length beds? Cheers..thanks.

Hi Robynu

We get custom made beds manufactured most weeks from one of our suppliers in Uk so no problem. Almost everything is possible at no extra cost. Thanks Bigmickey Team

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rman2727

Hi bigmickey, I'm looking for a good quality 5ft pocket sprung mattress with a temp sensitive memory foam / gel top layer, do you have anything like this in stock?? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Hi bigmickey, I am looking for a "sleigh" sturdy wooden framed, double bed with a quality mattress (+storage if possible). Can you recommend one you have in stock & the price delivered to the Limerick area?
    Cheers!

Doodlebug wrote: »
    Hi bigmickey, I am looking for a "sleigh" sturdy wooden framed, double bed with a quality mattress (+storage if possible). Can you recommend one you have in stock & the price delivered to the Limerick area?
    Cheers!

Hi Doodlebug

The Jacob is as sturdy as they come. No storage though. Delivery is free everywhere. Best thing is pm me a contact number and I will call you tomorrow as there are hundreds of quality mattresses to choose from. Would prefer to try to understand what type of mattress might work best for you.

Thanks

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

Mick,
    can we visit the store on weekend to check out the bed and mattress before we buy?
    looking for a kingsize bed with fabric headboard and mattress.
    interested in a double bed and mattress too in addition.
    we are in dublin

Mick,
    can we visit the store on weekend to check out the bed and mattress before we buy?
    looking for a kingsize bed with fabric headboard and mattress.
    interested in a double bed and mattress too in addition.
    we are in dublin

Yes, no problem. We are open everyday from 10.30 to 5pm but generally here earlier and later than that also. Just give a call in advance if outside 10.30 to 5pm and we will sort something for you. Delivery is free to Dublin. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭kodak

Hi AGUSIA1

Thanks

Bigmickey.ie

Hello, Any update on these / idea of price?
    Cheers

kodak wrote: »
    Hello, Any update on these / idea of price?
    Cheers

Yes. The 5000 and 6000 pocket models have arrived. More to come next week. Price in the region €550 to €600 for Double and Kingsize.

Thanks

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hi Bigmickey!

Do you do Tempur mattresses at all, for those of us with crap spines? :)

byte wrote: »
    Hi Bigmickey!

Do you do Tempur mattresses at all, for those of us with crap spines? :)

Hi byte

We don't sell Tempur. We have quite a few brands that we get great results with from our customers. What firmness are you looking for Gentle, Medium or Firm ?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Hi,

Whats the best deal you have on a 5ft divan with mattress, preferably with drawers in the divan base?
    Also looking for a cheap 3ft single mattress for my two dogs :)

What deals do you have in that area?

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Big Mickey. Want to call up to you in the next month. Its a good spin though so want to find out what you have.
    Looking for a firm king size mattress but of the best possible quality. Had bad luck with a couple of mattresses and have back issues. Budget would stretch to about 500ish

Advertisement