Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco.ie Vouchers Thread

167891012»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Didn't get enough points for a Christmas mailing, but my brother was complaining of no vouchers at all either - none on the app for me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,843 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I have a theory that it might also be related to where you shop... I've been doing occasional shops in Tesco Kilbarrack which is not busy in comparison to other Tesco stores in the area. So maybe you are more likely to get coupons depending on the particular branch in the equation.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Are you all opted in to marketing preferences? I wasn't last year and got no coupons. Opted in and got 10 off 50 and individual item coupons of things I buy regularly this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Yeah I've opted in and shop pretty much once a week there....overkill last year with more vouchers then I could spend and now nothing this year when they are needed!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭coffeyt

Both my mum and I shop in local Tesco but I've been doing her shopping with my own using my clubcard for the last few years since covid, needless to say I got no money off vouchers while my mum got 6 €16 off €80 vouchers under her clubcard. Exact same happened the last 2 xmas periods, it's so obvious they only send them to people who haven't shopped as much in Tesco over the previous 12 months. I will do my shopping for the next 6 weeks using my mum's Clubcard so we can use the coupons.

If you question it with customer service they will tell you it's random allocation but it's basically no reward for the people who shop regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭SourSessions

The money off (10 off 50 etc) vouchers on the app are reusable

Some €5 off €25 reusable coupons showed up in my app - Clubcard section. Not sure if they will come out in a mailing also.

Of course I never got them when I was doing main shop in Tesco!

Keep an eye on the app especially if you only shop occasionally in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭CFC007

These showed up in my app yesterday. Looks like 6 of them

€5 off when you spend €25 or more in one transaction with your Clubcard 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭apache

No money off vouchers have I ever got. I just checked my marketing preferences and it is on.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭florawest

I got those too on app €5 off €25 spend, only used two and they vanished, rang Tesco customer service they said it was down to marketing dept nothing to do with them and they put €2.50 as a good will gesture.

very annoyed as had my list done out to use further 3, same thing happened with my nieces, I know use by Aug 6th was use by date but July wasn’t even out when that happened.

At least when they came in post the customer got to keep and use them.

• Advertisement

So I only used a couple of the €5 off €25 spends, but Tesco have bumped me up to €10 off €50 in the app. 6 uses running until mid September.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,329 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Can it be used to buy a tesco mobile phone or credit?

Not 100% sure. They aren't in the list of exclusions, which is the usual - alcohol, infant formula, tobacco, lottery tickets, reusable bags, medicines, gift cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭apache

I just got vouchers in the post. Haven't had them in ages. I wonder will I still be able to claim the vouchers in the app? That would be a double claim.

Can't get over the difference in price when the odd time I went without my phone and couldn't scan my clubcard. It's scandalous. The vouchers are a great idea.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Can be used to buy mobile credit.

Tesco no longer sells Vodafone credit but Three, Eir and Tesco Mobile all fair game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tpaul525

Want to sell €50 tescos let's bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I remember getting the same code except it was labelled for delivery. May be worth a shot if you're wanting delivery instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭penelope2012

Some people get 10 off 50 with Tesco or 5 off 25 one person who got 5 5 off 25 into Tesco app thought it was because she allowed someone doing a huge shop of over €300 to use her card in Carrick on Shannon Tesco a week later the vouchers were in her app.

Advertisement