Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Car Insurance Quote Spreadsheet?

• 18-11-2018 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

We've 2 cars so twice a year I have to shop around and find a good deal for insurance, usually with good results but I want to streamline the process a bit.

I'm thinking of putting together a Google Sheet template with a list of all the car insurers in Ireland (list from here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057619504&page=1#post100288469).

Does anyone else have something similar they'd be willing to share?

The plan is to also add any discount codes found here or elsewhere so they're all in the one place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,103 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The only problem I see with this is that insurance prices are rarely the same for any two people even from the same insurance company. There are alot of variables that come into it including variables that are unique to the person seeking insurance. It would be a great idea if insurance prices were bought off a fixed menu but alas they are not. Even if you and me tried to insure the same car and we both had the same driving experience you can be guaranteed we would get different prices from even the same insurance company.

As much as I hate shopping for insurance every year I have just accepted that in order to get the best cover at the best price I have to spend time shopping around.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭userfriendly

Sorry should have specified, this is a mostly blank spreadsheet that you fill in the details of the quotes, reference numbers, excess, extras included etc.

It's just a starting point, the work will still need to be put in getting the quotes.

Advertisement