Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Terminator: Dark Fate **Spoilers from post 983**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

She looks good! MUST RESIST HOPE!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,532 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

bnt wrote: »
    The Daily Mail has some photos of Linda Hamilton and Mackenzie Davis on set in Madrid recently. Hamilton may be 61 now, but does not look like she's going to take any crap from anyone or anything, while Davis' character looks like she's been knocked around a fair bit. The article has a couple of minor plot spoilers.

"looks as toned as she did in 1984 film".............presumably they mean the 1991 sequel. And, wow, Linda got old!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,410 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

sugarman wrote: »
    Kind of yeah, it was only his voice tho.

There's a deleted scene with Arnie as a general in it isn't there? More than just his voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Didn't Linda Hamiltons character die off in the 3rd one ? whats she doing back ?

Christ can't they just let the ****ing franchise die allready ..

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

"looks as toned as she did in 1984 film".............presumably they mean the 1991 sequel. And, wow, Linda got old!
    Bookmark this comment and come back to it in 27 years then look in the mirror at yourself :D

She looks great tbh, she could be a proper "oldschool action hero" alongside Willis, Stallone and Schwarzenegger.

Be nice to see this give her career a bit of a boost, though IIRC she struggles a little with mental illness, so perhaps she gets the work but is reluctant to take it on.
    Didn't Linda Hamiltons character die off in the 3rd one ? whats she doing back ?

This movie is going to confuse the fnck out of everything.

James Cameron is picking up 30 years after the end of T2. He's basically dismissing the rest of the films that came after.

Tbh given that it's Cameron there's no doubt it's going to be visually amazing and probably has the most potential of any of them to be a worthy sequel to T2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

oh wow James Cameron!!

hmm my interest has suddenly gone up !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

oh wow James Cameron!!

hmm my interest has suddenly gone up !!

It's not James Cameron, it's Tim Miller (the director of Deadpool) that's at the helm.

Cameron is producing, like he has all the other bad Terminator films.:pac: The fact that this one has a decent director again gives me hope, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,532 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

seamus wrote: »
    Bookmark this comment and come back to it in 27 years then look in the mirror at yourself :D

She looks great tbh, she could be a proper "oldschool action hero" alongside Willis, Stallone and Schwarzenegger. .

LOL, I'm well advanced into decrepitude already! Just think she looks even older than 61 there - or maybe it's deliberate for the film.

LOL, I'm well advanced into decrepitude already! Just think she looks even older than 61 there - or maybe it's deliberate for the film.
    I actually agree, but that could also just be the paparazzi pictures being used by the Daily Mail. They choose the worst ones they can get on purpose - this is to try and provoke the celebrity into doing a "proper" interview with flashy photos to redeem themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I believe the term is soft reboot. Seems to be only accepted if there's some massive fan service going on. In this case Cameron being back involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Cameron is producing, like he has all the other bad Terminator films.:pac:

Don't think he produced any Terminator films since the second one. IMDb doesn't list him as a producer on those as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

JustTheOne wrote: »
    A future war movie set in 2050 like t1 and t2 showed glimpses of please.

Trust me it's all the hardcore fans have been asking for years.

Hiding from hk's.
    surviving on rats.
    living in the underground sewars.
    despair, fear, nuclear winters.

So, Terminator Salvation, basically? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Not too excited for another outing since it's been a case of diminishing returns for 15years now.

But, I guess since I'm a Terminator fan I'll watch. Always enjoyed number 3 and the Sarah TV series for what they were. Couldn't really get into Salvation as it didn't really feel like a Terminator film. I think the whole "future war" movie is overrated - the draw for me is a terminator in modern day disguised as a human.

Genisys was just WTF!? Felt like that film dragged the series down into the Freddy/Jason realm of sequels with batsh!t stuff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

o1s1n wrote: »
    There's a deleted scene with Arnie as a general in it isn't there? More than just his voice.

It was Arnie, but dubbed by Samuel L. Jackson.
    No really, this happened!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,136 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

oneilla wrote: »
    Not too excited for another outing since it's been a case of diminishing returns for 15years now.

But, I guess since I'm a Terminator fan I'll watch. Always enjoyed number 3 and the Sarah TV series for what they were. Couldn't really get into Salvation as it didn't really feel like a Terminator film. I think the whole "future war" movie is overrated - the draw for me is a terminator in modern day disguised as a human.

Genisys was just WTF!? Felt like that film dragged the series down into the Freddy/Jason realm of sequels with batsh!t stuff.

The problem, like Alien 3, is that Terminator 2 ends the series so another film after it is going to struggle.

I didn't mind Salvation as at least it tried something. In Genisys I was up for mutual assured destruction

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭paulieeye

Come on now, terminator 3 is a really good movie.

Your opinion is incorrect!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭Inviere

Come on now, terminator 3 is a really good movie.

Talk to the hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Any sequel to follow T2 is gonna suck a big one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Inviere wrote: »
    Talk to the hand...

*shoves nuke in Inviere's mouth*

You are TERMINATED!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Thargor wrote: »
    The latest one is the worst, its a joke of a film, zero redeeming qualities at all. Ill never forget the way the cinema was groaning at several points in it, it is absolute dogsh1t.

I watched it on youtube a few days after its release ?

It was vile rubbish. And both robots that took the whole of the first 2 movies to die managed to be killed off in the first 20 minutes ?

PS I thought 3 was watchable, and the rest pure filth after that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

First official (read, airbrushed) look at the main cast from Terminator 6; looks like Mackenzie Davis isn't entirely human - perhaps she's the terminator?

https://twitter.com/Terminator/status/1024640947940773888

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

All female main cast?! Shag off PC brigade!

FFS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Honestly why are they doing another reboot?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well, that didn't take long :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,410 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

pixelburp wrote: »
    First official (read, airbrushed) look at the main cast from Terminator 6; looks like Mackenzie Davis isn't entirely human - perhaps she's the terminator?

Linda Hamilton should be standing in the middle of that image. Doesn't bode well!

They all look superimposed on the background. Early teaser pictures are often terrible, with the pictures taken from early screen and makeup tests.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Are they going to call it "Herminator"?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Is John a tranny now?

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

I thought T1 was amazing, I remember watching it a few years after it was released and being obsessed with Linda Hamilton’s boobs when she rides Kyle. I was a teenager. Good times. Also rest of film was good too.

T2 blew me (and most of the world) away. Savage film. Felt like the future had arrived watching those special effects – which still hold up well today in most cases.

T3 was fine. I think it was only at the very, very last scene that I liked it. You saw what the Terminator did by getting them to the mountain base, and then when the (low tech) radios started going off – I thought f*ck me that’s well done.

T4 was an unnecessary “stand alone” film but watchable / forgivable.

T5 was a travesty. When they went back to mess with the T1 timeline, and that famous scene where Arnie takes the punks’ clothes – I wanted to scream. Really should not have been made – messes with a story that many grew up with and loved, and added nothing. Hated it really – can’t see myself ever watching it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,777 ✭✭✭Cordell

T1 and T2 seen them last time maybe 15+ years ago, but i can still tell you the story in them. Roughly, but still
    T3 - that cute liquid metal blonde terminator
    T4 - fuzzy, in the future something-something
    T5 - OAP Arnie, nanorobots something-something

Advertisement