Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

In The Noclight ... Aoibheann!

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Aoibheann wrote: »
    You didn't even ask for a 9 letter word, I was being very generous.. :pac:

Last film I saw was Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, last Thursday night. Totally going to see it again, loser that I am. It was win. :)
    it was ****e!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Adam wrote: »
    it was ****e!

So's your FACE. :p

I liked it. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

Aoibheann wrote: »
    So's your FACE. :p

I liked it. :(
    DUMBLEDORE IS GAY!

Adam wrote: »
    DUMBLEDORE IS GAY!

:eek:

*falls over*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Didn't everyone know that?

Doyles, Dorans or Pravda, where should I go tonight? :pac:

• Advertisement

Didn't everyone know that?

Doyles, Dorans or Pravda, where should I go tonight? :pac:

Sarcasm fail. ;_;

Hrmm. Doyles!

• Moderators Posts: 51,709 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

1) how long have you practised martial arts??

2) have you always done the same style??

3) what grade are you??

4) can you catch a fly with a pair of chopsticks yet?? :P

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

What annoys you about society Aoibheann?

The world is facing extinction, pick a team of five to save the world!

What do you like and dislike about Boards?

Harry Potter fan? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

How do you cope in high pressure situations? Such as losing your passport.

Jim wrote: »
    How do you cope in high pressure situations? Such as losing your passport.

When losing my passport and having a job interview that requires said passport, I freak out. I get people to go and look for said passport (well, they kindly volunteer), so I don't miss my train. Said train is of course delayed by twenty minutes leaving me a twenty minute walk from where I need to be at 7 minutes before the interview. I hop into the taxi which leaves me too far from the entrance.. but somehow make it to the interview at precisely 11am, exactly when I need to be there. Oh, and I get the job.

(I'm very good in exam pressure situations, and when other people are freaking out though, swears).

Edit: Oh, and the passport is handed into a shop a couple of days later, win!

• Advertisement

koth wrote: »
    1) how long have you practised martial arts?? Two years aaand.. almost 10 months.

2) have you always done the same style?? It was the first martial art I officially took up. I've done a wee bit of TKD to improve my kicks and some karate, never seriously though. I'm a fairly handy fencer aswell, but haven't done it in a while - aim to go back to that when I go back to college. Being a lefty makes me awkward to beat! \o/

3) what grade are you?? Brown belt. Should be going for my first dan black belt early next year, hoping end of January.

4) can you catch a fly with a pair of chopsticks yet?? :P Sure, why not. :D
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    What annoys you about society Aoibheann? Oh god, so so much. I hate the way some people just think they have the right to pretty much anything and haven't done a tap of work in their lives (see rich kids and people who sponge off the social welfare - not in this current climate, but people who just don't *try*). I hate that in places like Zimbabwe etc, dictators have got their way for so long and people have to live in a climate of fear - and nobody from the outside stepped in. It's our responsibility to HELP those that can't help themselves. Argh.

The world is facing extinction, pick a team of five to save the world! The five that were started at the first noc beers.. :D That is me, Adam, fonpokno, CuLT and Futurecrook. But I'd trust any noc to do the job. Oh, and I will sneak Hugh Jackman in too.

What do you like and dislike about Boards? I like a lot of the people. The Noc people are some of the best people I've met (and have yet to meet :)) and I haven't a bad word to say about 'em. I dislike the stupidity of some people though I used to love when that turned Feedback threads into endless lolcats. Raging against mods for no reason does not make you cool or an interesting rebel. It makes you an idiot.

Harry Potter fan? :oI love love love Harry Potter books. Practically grew up with them, though the books got a bit slower to come out, so I got a tad older. But yes, they're great. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Hmmm I agree with everything you said, especially the rich kids (see my recent rant in R&R :pac:).

Favourite Harry Potter character, book, and film adaptation?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

1) if you could be someone for one day who would you be?

2) who is your favourite south park character

3) how do you take your steak? burnt to a crisp or bloody as hell?

4) favourite book to movie adaptation? (excluding any of the harry potters)

5) coolest famous person you ever met?

6) favourite boardsie?

7) can i have another hug? :)

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Hmmm I agree with everything you said, especially the rich kids (see my recent rant in R&R :pac:).

Favourite Harry Potter character, book, and film adaptation?

Argh, so tough. :(

Character-wise: No absolute favourite. I can identify with Hermione being a bit of a know-it-all :pac: <3'd Lupin but mainly in book 3. Ron has his moments - he gets to be the funny, clumsy idiot type.. Umbridge is so sickly-sweet/horrible horrible person, but it's well done. Dumbledore in parts, I love McGonagle, she's brilliant. Harry of course has good moments! I can't choose, honestly.

Books: Oh god. Tough. See, it depends on my age of reading them. I really enjoyed the last book despite the epilogue (saddest bit - Harry accepting that he is going to die and walking right into it anyway :(), liked the 6th book - the funeral and the bit where Fawkes is singing when they're in the hospital made me a tad weepy, the 3rd book is brilliant aswell. As is 4. I can't choose between 'em. 6/7 probably now at my age, but I could still easily read those two..

Films: 3 or 6, definitely. Three was just really exciting.. :) 6 managed to be dark, but also funny, sweet and heartwarming. \o/

I am indecisive as hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The debate begins...

1) if you could be someone for one day who would you be? Y'know, I can't think of anyone I'd want to be. I like being me. :D I'd like to be a more decisive me, but whatever. :P

2) who is your favourite south park character Not a huge fan. Butters, why not.

3) how do you take your steak? burnt to a crisp or bloody as hell? Used to be well done, but having worked in a restaurant where the head chef was horrified at me for this, he proceeded to make something infinitely less well done - was probably medium rare, and it was lovely

4) favourite book to movie adaptation? (excluding any of the harry potters) Lolita was excellent - Kubrick's version only though. Not a *huge* fan of book -> movie adaptation, but it works sometimes

5) coolest famous person you ever met? Hrmm.. I can't think of anyone seriously cool. Loads of bands at different festivals. Brandon Flowers from the Killers the first time they played Witnness as I think it was back then. He was lovely. Loads of others I can't think of but have photos. Tommy Tiernan is lovely btw

6) favourite boardsie? Feck off, I am NOT choosing. And even if I did, I wouldn't say. A large portion of the Noc forum. :D They know who they are. <3

7) can i have another hug? :)any time *hugs*

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

And even allowing for the late start, that's three days plus a little ...

Many thanks to Aoibheann for her participation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement