Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Noclight ... Aoibheann!

• 20-07-2009 12:56am
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Now that you've all had time to properly drool with anticipation ... >_>

OK, I forgot what day it was, mea culpa!

... introducing the petite lady with the powerful kick ...

... Aoibheann!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

Pfft, you owe me a day now randy!

*glares*

*awaits questioning*

:eek:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Aoibheann wrote: »
    Pfft, you owe me a day now randy!

*glares*

*awaits questioning*
    By far the most important question ... what would you expect me to do for the day? :pac: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

whats your favourite colour?
    do you like cheese?
    best moment from this week?
    do you like to dance when you're out?
    Why the nocturnal forum?
    ever gone skinny dipping?
    wheres your favourite holiday destination?
    whats your favourite tv show?
    have any films made you cry?
    do you like disney?
    have you seen the notebook?
    what do you do?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

What would I have to buy you at the next nocbeers?

Favourite item of clothing?

Why maths/physics?

Favourite nerdy chatup line?

Who's your celebrity crush?

Describe yourself in 5 words or less.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

The formatting is non existant as i'm on the phone here lol but here goes something: 1. How did you find out about boards, and then this forum here? 2. Whats it like in Cavan? Not some wilderness is it?:pac: 3. What made you choose medicine to study in college? 4. Do you have the same bloodgroup as your initials? 5. Puppies or Kittens? 6. Favourite tv show? 7. Who would you love to meet and spend one day with? 8. Ever had to use your karate training to stop/break up a fight from escalating? 9. Have you got any allergies you know of?

• Advertisement

By far the most important question ... what would you expect me to do for the day? :pac: :p

Curse you randy, how dare you use my own words against me?! How unlike you.. :pac:

You will suffer for that day. Oh yes. >_>
    whats your favourite colour? Purple
    do you like cheese? <3<3 cheese. But some cheeses give me migraines.
    best moment from this week? It was a fairly meh week. One amusing one was my coach bringing his huuuuuge wolfhound to training. Another was just a very girly squealy moment I had with a friend last night.
    do you like to dance when you're out? Well, if you could call it dancing.. :D
    Why the nocturnal forum? I fail at sleep at night, I started lurking on this forum when it was created after very little posting on boards for aaaages, and the people/subject matter of the threads made me post. Interesting people on my wavelength ftw!
    ever gone skinny dipping? Not yet :D
    wheres your favourite holiday destination? I haven't been many places. :( I love Paris. I just love wandering down the streets there, especially in the quieter areas. It can be amazingly peaceful in parts. Would love to go to Cuba and New Zealand.
    whats your favourite tv show? One from House, Grey's Anatomy, The IT Crowd and a few others..
    have any films made you cry? Probably, but none I can remember. Books tend to make me cry moreso. Like The Time Traveller's Wife. ;_;
    do you like disney? I do indeed. But High School Musical etc hurt my brain. Old skool disney ftw. :)
    have you seen the notebook? I have.. so sad. :( It *might* have made me shed a tear.
    what do you do? I get by. :) Very little atm actually. Having a wee bit of a summer now after working the past year solid. College in September \o/

Answers above in bold. :)

What would I have to buy you at the next nocbeers? Ummmm.. cookie? :)

Favourite item of clothing? I have an uber-baggy black jumper that I <3, and a couple of dresses.

Why maths/physics? Realised in the last year or so of school that I actually really *really* enjoyed both, and was good at them. I wish I'd realises I enjoyed them more than medicine before doing a year of college, but hey, gotta learn from your mistakes and all that :)

Favourite nerdy chatup line? Oh god. So many. If I was an endoplasmic reticulum, how would you want me: smooth or rough.. I wish I was your derivative so I could lie tangent to your curves... (so cheesy).. erm, loads more. Not that I ever use chat up lines.. not that I ever chat anyone up! :P But if someone used them on me, they'd probably work.. :pac:

Who's your celebrity crush? Hugh Jackman. *drools*

Describe yourself in 5 words or less. Stubborn pedantic mischievious ticklish pixie
    The formatting is non existant as i'm on the phone here lol but here goes something:
    1. How did you find out about boards, and then this forum here? Boards - I heard about it through some friends from CTYI - there's a hosted forum for it here, started posting there, then on the forums in general. Noc - followed the thread for the forum request, lurked here for ages, then fiiiinally posted. :)

2. Whats it like in Cavan? Not some wilderness is it?:pac: Ah it's not the worst. The small town mentality gets to me sometimes, but I find it a bit like that in Dublin too.. sometimes ya just want to run away somewhere!

3. What made you choose medicine to study in college? I love love LOVE anatomy, was always interested in how everything worked in the body, and also I realised that I was running to research stuff everytime anyone I knew was diagnosed with an illness. Sadly, the stuff I enjoy (anatomy/clinical skills) aren't enough when compared with what I disliked about the course so I am starting something else come September. I could see myself returning to medicine in the future, when I have a bit more cop on/maturity, but I doubt it.

4. Do you have the same bloodgroup as your initials? Nae, I am A- actually! Give blood people!

5. Puppies or Kittens? Both. I love animals, grew up surrounded by dogs and cats - I lived on a farm. I prefer dogs to cats though, so I'm go with puppies.

6. Favourite tv show? Answered elsewhere, but Grey's/IT Crowd/House/something else :)

7. Who would you love to meet and spend one day with? Oh god, I can't narrow that down to just one. Dead or alive? People range from Bruce Springstein, Albert Einstein, Pierre de Fermat (I just wanna know what he was thinking! :D), Hugh Jackman mainly because I'd hit on him lots, Audrey Hepburn, Lance Armstrong..

8. Ever had to use your karate training to stop/break up a fight from escalating? I don't do karate, so no.. :P Sun kune do, and not frequently. Once, or twice, only ever in a restraining capacity

9. Have you got any allergies you know of? None that I know of, but some cheeses give me migraines, coke used to also but no more!

:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Ok i got the wrong martial art...long time since i talked to you lol! Oh and i got the smooth/rough line haha thats a good one, i study anatomy myself:) Cheers for the answers.

• Moderators Posts: 51,683 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

1) What sort of music do you like??

2) Any type of music you dislike??

3) Last book you read??

4) Would you rather have a pet ostrich or penguin??:p

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

1) Shoryuken or Hadoken?

2) Does is ever get old when people get drunk around you?

3) Favourite Noc beers moment?

4) Should I get you a new copybook thingy to replace the one I effectively nicked?

5) Any songs which always make you smile to yoruself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

1)Do you like short shorts?

2)Who let the dogs out?

3)Beavis or Butthead?

4)Favourtie Al Pacino movie?

5)Favourite movie?

6)Favourite James Bond (Movie and Actor?)

7)Favourite James Bond villian?

8)Favourite comedian?

9)Best gig you have ever been to?

10)Are you coming to the next beers (whenever they may be?)

11)Can i have a hug?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Favourite ice-cream?

Most beautiful place you've ever visited?

Got any nicknames?

Do you ever watch any Reality tv shows?

Favourite place to go shopping?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Percy Pigs: Yay or Nay?

Can you drive?

Ever been to a protest about something you really cared about?

Is the cake a lie?

Describe your ideal girlie night in.

Favourite silly joke?

Ever been somewhere and said "I wouldn't come here again if you paid me"?

koth wrote: »
    1) What sort of music do you like?? Erm, it varies, but mainly <3 Radiohead, Neil Young, The Smiths, Josh Ritter, The Dresden Dolls, The Clash.. erm. As regards types alt/indie, punk, electronica, bit of rock.. :)

2) Any type of music you dislike?? Not a fan of rap, a lot of "pop" is awful..

3) Last book you read?? Re-read HP6 <3

4) Would you rather have a pet ostrich or penguin??:p Penguin. That would be win.
    SoDoM wrote: »
    1) Shoryuken or Hadoken? A friend and I had this conversation last night, and it was a tough call. :( Purely because I shout it so much.. HADOKEN!

2) Does is ever get old when people get drunk around you? Ah, not so much. When I was younger, yes, lots. But I enjoy myself and most of the people I hang out with are amusing/adorable drunks, so it's ok.

3) Favourite Noc beers moment? Oh God, where do I even begin? CuLT breaking the leg off the chair at the first beers and Adam sitting on it.. and NOT falling over somehow. The madness at your leaving beers - the notebook was one of my favourite things, some of the best quotes ever, and you failing utterly at drawing me. :P Hands down pants guy at the beers at Down Under/Major Toms/Ruaille Buaille. Karaoke at the Woolshed then roughly 14 people wandering back to my house and trying, but failing at keeping Blitzkrieg quiet "Use your indoor voice".. "He doesn't HAVE an indoor voice!"

4) Should I get you a new copybook thingy to replace the one I effectively nicked? Erm, if you want? I <3 stationery

5) Any songs which always make you smile to yoruself? Psycho Killer (Taking Heads), Girl Anachronism (The Dresden Dolls), Rock the Casbah (The Clash), Friday I'm in Love (The Cure), Hate to Say I Told You So (The Hives), Heyday (Mic Christopher), Forever Young (Bob Dylan), Rockin' In the Free World (Neil Young) along with a fair few others..

*nod*

1)Do you like short shorts? Hrmm.. how short? I have a reasonably short pair that I like! :P

2)Who let the dogs out? I'd say yer ma, but that's just cruel.. >_>

3)Beavis or Butthead? Neither!

4)Favourtie Al Pacino movie? Ahh.. Scarface! Like Dog Day Afternoon too though

5)Favourite movie? Oh God, don't make me choose! <3 Shawshank Redemption, it's the first that comes to mind because I saw it's stage adaptation recently. Also Lolita - but ONLY the Kubrick version.

6)Favourite James Bond (Movie and Actor?) Jamesh Bond? :P Prolly Sean Connery. No particular favourite movie though.

7)Favourite James Bond villian? Hrmm, Blofield purely for sheer bulk of appearances, Dr No..

8)Favourite comedian? God, this is a tough one. John Cleese, Eddie Izzard, Dermot Morgan :(, Neil Delamere amuses me

9)Best gig you have ever been to? Music-wise? Tough call. Muse are always amazing, Franz Ferdinand waay back in 2005, REM are <3

10)Are you coming to the next beers (whenever they may be?) When are they? :P And sure, why not? I will have to steal someone's house if it's before September though!

11)Can i have a hug? *hugs*
    Alicat wrote: »
    Favourite ice-cream? Nyom nyom nyom nyom.. erm.. Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough/Phish Food/Half Baked.. Haagen Dazs's Cookie Dough/Cookies and Cream/Vanilla Fudge Brownie.

Most beautiful place you've ever visited? Hrmm.. I love Paris as a city, and some of it is gorgeous - the view from the Sacre-Coeur especially(well worth climbing all those steps! I really love the Burren area of Co. Clare. Cambridge is a really beautiful historical town/city. There's loads of places I'm forgetting, but this'll do! :)

Got any nicknames? Do I ever! Ok, starting from ones acquired from Boardsies.. Aoibh-a-leen (*glares*), Eve (play on Aoibh, using Wall.E as inspiration), Aoibh, Beanie (don't ask, never call me that), Pinky, Brains (the last two from former work colleagues).. There's more, but that'll do. :)

Do you ever watch any Reality tv shows? America's Next Top Model :o

Favourite place to go shopping? There's a great small shop here that I <3, has amazing dresses. Otherwise I'm a H&M/Pull and Bear/Penneys/Urban Outfitters if I have money/one-off clothes shops kinda girl :)

Enjoy!

Percy Pigs: Yay or Nay? Nyom nyom nyom, good god YES!

Can you drive? Technically, yes. Legally, no. :pac:

Ever been to a protest about something you really cared about? I haven't actually. I'm more of an annoying the politicians lobbying instead of actual formal protests, signs and all. It works for me. :)

Is the cake a lie? The cake IS a lie. ;_;

Describe your ideal girlie night in. I'm so generic with these kind of things. :) Just a small group, hot chocolate, junk food, prolly a takeaway :D, baking, movies, good music, photos, gossiping, giggling, staying awake until we physically collapse, scrawling everything that's happened into a notebook and being horrified to read the notebook in the future. The said notebook always gets destroyed..

Favourite silly joke? Heisenberg is pulled over for speeding:
    "Do you know how fast you were going?" the police officer asks, incredulously.
    "No," replies Heisenberg, "but I know exactly where I am!" always made me giggle. I'm a loser. :D

Ever been somewhere and said "I wouldn't come here again if you paid me"? Oh so many places. Generally crappy bars/nightclubs.. The insult usually gets worse though!

• Moderators Posts: 51,683 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

1) Waffles or pancakes??

2) If you were to do a fancy dress bike ride, what would your costume be??

3) Can you speak any foreign languages??

4) Can you play any musical instruments??

5) If you could be a super powered animal, what animal would you be and what would be your powers??

If you can read this, you're too close!

koth wrote: »
    1) Waffles or pancakes?? Hrmm.. that's a tough one, but I'll say waffles. :) Nyom on both counts though!

2) If you were to do a fancy dress bike ride, what would your costume be?? Haha, good one.. Jesus! Just so I could shout Christ on a bike! :D

3) Can you speak any foreign languages?? German pretty well, very poor French but it stood me well in Paris :) and a wee bit of Japanese.

4) Can you play any musical instruments?? Guitar badly, learning the drums.. erm.. tin whistle? :D

5) If you could be a super powered animal, what animal would you be and what would be your powers?? I would be a snow leopard and.. astral projection, precognition orrrrr probability manipulation. So many more. Too many. :(

!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

1) Will you answer my questions?

2) What would you do if you were walking down the street and a ninja jumped out and tried to attack you?

3) What's your favourite word? :pac:

4) What if said ninja was Hugh Jackman?

5) Do you have an angry song? (one that you put on just to let your anger and frustration out)

6) Do you want a cookie?

7) What do you think of my random filler questions? :p

8) What do you think about the news that they're going to do another season of Futurama? ....but with different actors!!

Dord wrote: »
    1) Will you answer my questions? No. :pac:

2) What would you do if you were walking down the street and a ninja jumped out and tried to attack you? Well, being a ninja myself, I am aware of my surroundings at all times. So that just wouldn't happen. Anyway, a ninja wouldn't attack one of its fellow ninjas. Bad etiquette.

3) What's your favourite word? :pac: Hrmm.. I <3 the word impasse. I like many words though. That's tough. :( Anticipate is good too.

4) What if said ninja was Hugh Jackman? See answer to question 2. He just wouldn't attack me, as part of the ninja code. >_>

5) Do you have an angry song? (one that you put on just to let your anger and frustration out) Hrmm - generally something Radiohead-y. :D I know it's not "angry" per se, but still. 2+2=5 because I love how it starts out all quiet and then suddenly "YOU HAVE NOT BEING PAYING ATTENTION!"

6) Do you want a cookie? Cooooookie. So, yes. :)

7) What do you think of my random filler questions? :pBetter than I excepted actually!

8) What do you think about the news that they're going to do another season of Futurama? ....but with different actors!! How DARE they!? :(

I'm still angry about the Futurama thing. Different voices = fail. :(

• Advertisement

I'm still angry about the Futurama thing. Different voices = fail. :(

Sorry :(

*hugs*

It's okay, we'll get through this... :(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

What will you do to the person responsible for my name change? :(

ROFL! :pac:

I'll kick their ass!

(But also buy them a drink at the next beers.. <3) :pac:

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Who is responsible for the above mentioned name change?? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

what's all this about?? she's not that interesting! :P

Who is responsible for the above mentioned name change?? :p

Hrmm.. YOU!

That, or CuLT. :D
    Adam wrote: »

She totally isn't, he's right. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Applaud?

<_<
    Adam wrote: »
    Oy, you! :p

/nutslaps

So, Aoibh, when you look at the Mirror on the wall (safely shackled ofc) what do you feel like doing to him?

/shoves box of torture implements closer with his foot

Applaud?

<_<

Oy, you! :p

/nutslaps

So, Aoibh, when you look at the Mirror on the wall (safely shackled ofc) what do you feel like doing to him?

/shoves box of torture implements closer with his foot

I like your style. :D He'd probably enjoy the torture though.. fecking masochists! I think my running to his house, ringing the doorbell, then running away ad nauseum would be amusing though.. it *is* just around the corner. \o/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Can I have my copy of the God Delusion back?

I think you'd look cool witha purple streak in your hair, wanan try it out?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement