Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Painless denistry

Options
  • 17-02-2006 10:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

I am going to the dentist in about half and hour and am pretty sure I will need a filling. The last filling I got was a couple of years ago, do they still use a drill ?, I saw a tv report years ago about new treatment that doesn't require a drill. It's been years since I saw this report surely we have it now and still aren't using a drill

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭rcunning03

Asked my dentists about this, he said it's for different sort of treatments and not fillings. It's 2006 why cant somebody invent an air or laser drill that doesn't make that horrible noise and doesn't touch your teeth, instead of coming up with more memory for i-pods and pointless frog songs.

Anyway most of my teeth are fine just need a couple of cleaning sessions and he will remove the filing on my teeth that's giving me a bit of trouble to see if he can fix it. If not I'll need a root canal that will cost €500 to €600. It's not that painful and most of the time there's no pain so hopefully it's just a problem with the filling. He said superficially it looks fine.

The last time I had trouble with my teeth was on an airplane, apparently the pressure in the cabin can cause trapped air under the filling (something like that anyway). So hopefully it's just a problem with the filling from that time.

Advertisement