Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Worldwide Returns with Paypal

• 29-12-2018 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,546 ✭✭✭

PayPal are still offering to cover return postage on items bought using their service and it’s up to 12 items per year and €30 an item is covered which can come in handy for eBay returns etc
    I’ve used it numerous times over the last few years without fail

https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

The internet isn’t for everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

When I click it, it says I'll be covered for 6 returns initially and then later that its covered for 12. Everyone else got the same? Anyone know if its definitely 12?It used to be 12 up to 15 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Is a brilliant idea by them, I'm much more inclined to use PayPal these days just because of this. I would have only used it for ebay in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭munsterleinster

Has anyone tried to use this when the original delivery address was Parcel Motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Has anyone tried to use this when the original delivery address was Parcel Motel?

I’ve done it - there was no issue at all

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

OmegaGene wrote: »
    It’s 12, PayPal are upping their game now because they won’t be the main payment option for eBay and I think this is the reason for 12 x €30 returns
    Even when it was 6 at the start I passed that number easily and was never refused

Who/what will be the main payment option for eBay? I use paypal all the time, i'm not aware of any other methods that are as safe as Paypal. I have made over 2000 paypal payments since early 00's and never once had an issue, I cant see myself using anyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Not Sure if this was posted before but here before but here goes:

https://www.paypal.com/ie/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns
    HOW DOES IT WORK?
    It’s easy! Whether you purchased something from Ireland, the UK or anywhere in the world, we’ll cover up to 12 returns eligible PayPal purchases per calendar year. We’ll reimburse you for up to €30 per request.

12 returns a year for free, it's quite popular here in Germany :)

Makes things a bit better for larger items that come from Asia/USA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I've just used this for the 1st time. The form asks to upload receipt with the return address. I sent it by Registered Post and on the receipt there's no address. It just has the Country, which is Great Britain in this case, Weight, Tracking Number, etc.. I fortunately took a photo of the parcel with the address clearly visible before sending it though so I uploaded that too. Will that suffice?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Gonna ask a stupid question here; Paypal say "If your claim is approved we’ll send a refund of up to €30". So I return my own items as normal to say Sports Direct, pay for the returns myself. Then log into Paypal and let them know much it cost me to return the item. If it's €30 or below, they send me that amount. Is that correct?

Yes that will works, I always take a pic of the package and the receipt and upload both

Thanks. How long does it usually take for the refund to come through?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

jamescd wrote: »
    I've just used this for the 1st time. The form asks to upload receipt with the return address. I sent it by Registered Post and on the receipt there's no address. It just has the Country, which is Great Britain in this case, Weight, Tracking Number, etc.. I fortunately took a photo of the parcel with the address clearly visible before sending it though so I uploaded that too. Will that suffice?

Yes that will suffice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Pay with PayPal
    Return said goods
    Upload pics of receipt and the package
    Wait a few days
    Postage refund comes back to your PayPal account

So the answer to your question is yes

Perfect, very handy indeed, cheers!

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Perfect, very handy indeed, cheers!

Adding on to what OmegaGene said, after you log in to PayPal, you go to your transactions and click on the transaction that you returned. Scroll down a bit and you should see "Request return shipping refund". Click on that, fill out the form and upload pics as he said.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Great spot OP.

Just wondering when you pay by Paypal are you locked into paying in euro or is STG an option? Whats their rates like on conversions or is there an option to take your banks rate?

I noticed on Amazon if you take their rate you only get around 84p for a euro when the real rate is closer to 89p/€1.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Two Paypal returns threads are now merged.

I already got the email that I've been approved for a refund. Took less than 24 hours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

This is awesome..thanks to a combination of cheap booze deals posted by the OP and too many turkey sandwiches and chocolates over the christmas my newly arrived Ireland rugby jersey posted from england doesnt fit..now i get to return it for free..Win/Win..Cheers OmegaGene :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Just used this service to return a package . I knew I seen something on boards before about this, so this is dead handy. Lately I have been paying for more stuff through PayPal and this is another good reason to use this service .

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭as.eirinn

...12 times in a year though, still, great service, cost me e18 to return something recently , phew!

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭as.eirinn

...and escalate the day after, leave it to pp to sort out.; )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Recently this has been a pain to use... I never get the refund until I pester and pester them. Has put me off using PayPal tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Is it 6 or 12 or am I reading it wrong?

518150.png

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭audi02

Is there any way of checking how many times you've used this service?! I feel like I've used it loads and every time I wait for an email telling me I've used them all up! Great service has saved me a fortune and I register alot more returns too once its within the €30 limit

518150.png

I thought it was 12 but now I'm confused.

audi02 wrote: »
    Is there any way of checking how many times you've used this service?! I feel like I've used it loads and every time I wait for an email telling me I've used them all up! Great service has saved me a fortune and I register alot more returns too once its within the €30 limit
    Only by logging in and counting your returns, as far as I am aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

518150.png

You can check or maybe it comes in the email confirming the refund.

I got (either) a mail or in my PP account saying it was 12.

EDIT: says 12 in the email when they approve teh refund. There is another place you can chack also and will tell you how many you have used (just can't remember where it is)

Advertisement