Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

A strange dream from a few years ago

• 26-04-2011 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

This is one that will always stand out in my memory because of how unusual and vivid it was.

I had this dream where An Post launched a new service that you would get a small (about 6x3cm) piece of cardboard on which to write a message. and for the low price of 5 euros they'd deliver the message on any day in the past as early as 2003.

They couldn't go earlier than 2003 because the machine the messages would come out of at the post office wasn't made yet.

Thing about it was I wanted to send two messages and I was walking around with some girl I knew who also wanted to send one but we only had a tenner between us, or something like that. Anyway we were stuck for money

I never knew what her message was for but I had to tell my friend who actually died in a tragic drowning accident in real life not to go near a river, and also my neighbour who had cancer at the time to get himself checked out a good bit earlier.

In the end I had to combine my two messages, the girl who died in 2006 would have to be told on the message to tell my neighbour so the girl I was with could send her message to someone else.

Some parts of the dream were kind of vague, like scribbling the message or what exactly the deal was with the money problem. but i distinctly remember seeing the bit of cardboard and the size of it and worrying how i'd fit it all on there and have it still be legible cause my hand writing isn't brilliant

Advertisement