Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

10% cashback when buying through Currys online

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Anyone know if this would work with quidco cashback to? Some people have said quidco works on Irish currys site

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭TheInspector

Terms and Conditions
    To redeem this offer, you will need to make a purchase at currys.ie, including taxes and after any discounts. Offer valid for one purchase completed online. Reserving online and paying in-store will not qualify for cashback. Offer is limited to 1 cashback per Cashback Service account. Only the first eligible transaction made on any card registered to your account during the offer validity period will be eligible for cashback. If you have more than one card registered on your account, you will still only be paid cashback for this offer once, regardless of the number of purchases you make during the offer validity period. Offer not valid on purchases made using gift cards. Maximum cashback reward of €100.

Terms and Conditions
    To redeem this offer, you will need to make a purchase at currys.ie, including taxes and after any discounts. Offer valid for one purchase completed online. Reserving online and paying in-store will not qualify for cashback. Offer is limited to 1 cashback per Cashback Service account. Only the first eligible transaction made on any card registered to your account during the offer validity period will be eligible for cashback. If you have more than one card registered on your account, you will still only be paid cashback for this offer once, regardless of the number of purchases you make during the offer validity period. Offer not valid on purchases made using gift cards. Maximum cashback reward of €100.

Meant to say, that's aibs t&cs, says nothing about delivery, I'm looking at a 65inch TV and delivery is 30 quid, almost defeats the purpose getting it delivered when there's 4 curry's store within a 5min drive from me. I'm taking the punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Meant to say, that's aibs t&cs, says nothing about delivery, I'm looking at a 65inch TV and delivery is 30 quid, almost defeats the purpose getting it delivered when there's 4 curry's store within a 5min drive from me. I'm taking the punt.

It says you have to use currys.ie and you can't reserve online & pay in store. There is no other option except delivery

It says you have to use currys.ie and you can't reserve online & pay in store. There is no other option except delivery

I see that now, sneaky buggers. Going to ring them and find out if it can be done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Fairly certain it’s Apple who decided the RRP and not Curry’s to be fair. There was a time before brexit when the iPhone was cheaper here.

Watch the battery in them. July 2018 iPhone 8 down to 97% capacity already. Ironically I bought it because my X at the time had poor battery life.

actually £550 in Argos Uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

its not like argos that you reserve and pay instore, when you reserve for collection you have already paid? anyone else read the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maik3n

I see that now, sneaky buggers. Going to ring them and find out if it can be done
    It depends on the store I think.
    AIB said there are no stipulations on their end regarding in store pickup/delivery.

It's completely in the hands of the partner store.
    I just called the Currys/PcWorld customer service line and they said there is no stipulation on their end either.

Mind you, that is not to say that individual stores might be awkward and have their own ts and cs. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭bromley52

brightkane wrote: »
    its not like argos that you reserve and pay instore, when you reserve for collection you have already paid? anyone else read the same?

I reserved an item worth €190 in Mahon Cork and I didn't have to pay.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Can pay and online and collect in store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭hopgirl

I am with Ulster bank, like that if I am in Galway so why would I get it delivered when I can collect. I see no difference in using our cards in store or online. They are been very smart in that you can't buy online unless you want it delivered which will add more money on it.
    Trying to decide will I just take the hit and pay instore and loose out on the cash back. They just have annoyed me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

bromley52 wrote: »
    I reserved an item worth €190 in Mahon Cork and I didn't have to pay.

cheers, didnt know that

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭hopgirl

sasta le wrote: »
    Can pay and online and collect in store?

No to pay online is only with delivering but not with collecting in store as you have to pay when your collecting your item.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭rodders999

Damn the laptop I'm after can only be collected in store and I can't pay for it online first. Bit of a cod really.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

Picked up a Macbook Air for a friend...nice €200 discount as there was a €100 discount code (100MACIE) available too

Edit - just discovered the €160 off discount code that supposed to only apply to the gold one works with any colour

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

rodders999 wrote: »
    Damn the laptop I'm after can only be collected in store and I can't pay for it online first. Bit of a cod really.

Yeah a balls alright

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

Thanks OP. Got a couple of things and saved myself €65.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

good find, i am after the dyson airwrap, its 500 everywhere so this will make a saving
    is there any promo codes also ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

fletch wrote: »
    Picked up a Macbook Air for a friend...nice €200 discount as there was a €100 discount code (100MACIE) available too

Edit - just discovered the €160 off discount code that supposed to only apply to the gold one works with any colour

Good price for this MacBook Air?

I see they have reduced the price of the Macbook Air on currys.ie to €1,219 but the offer code (100MACIE) is still working although not advertised anywhere bringing the price down to €1,119. Very good price for the latest Air

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Mars A7X

Does this work on the phones as it brings you to carphone warehouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I complained to them using the real example below and telling them it just wasnt worth it

This offer is not worth it, because currys does not allow you to pay before you collect, only in store.
    So you have to pay delivery which is at least €4.99.
    So I want to buy a printer costing €39.99 +4.99 = 44.98
    then -10% = €40.48, so it actually costs more using your discount!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Doodah7 wrote: »
    This also works for Ulster Bank customers with Visa cards.

I ordered a €1k cooker on Friday but used my KBC Visa instead of my UB one.

D'oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭danielgalway

Evil_Clown wrote: »
    Yes for BOI
    It is listed on their Visa my offers site

Are you certain? I had a look on what cashback they offer and am not seeing curries among them.

I complained to them using the real example below and telling them it just wasnt worth it

This offer is not worth it, because currys does not allow you to pay before you collect, only in store.
    So you have to pay delivery which is at least €4.99.
    So I want to buy a printer costing €39.99 +4.99 = 44.98
    then -10% = €40.48, so it actually costs more using your discount!!!
    It seems like it might be more beneficial for large purchases perhaps. :)

Was looking to make a purchase myself anyways in Currys so many thanks to the OP for flagging this with us.
    I'll revert back to confirm if/when I do get my cashback. ;)

Ordered stuff on Friday and got a mail this morning "We're pleased to say the cashback from your purchase has been confirmed. "....very efficient

fletch wrote: »
    Ordered stuff on Friday and got a mail this morning "We're pleased to say the cashback from your purchase has been confirmed. "....very efficient
    An email from Currys or your CC company? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

I ordered stuff on Friday and got an email from AIB last night saying that too.
    They also said "We're processing your €38.90 cashback" and it gives todays date.
    I should have the money back in my account by the end of the week so.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,100 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

maik3n wrote: »
    An email from Currys or your CC company? :cool:

It's your card company that's giving the cashback, not Currys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

well this is a balls. I dont seem to have this offer active on my AIB VISA rewards at all and i placed an online order with Currys.ie on Friday :(

Advertisement