Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10% cashback when buying through Currys online

• 22-11-2018 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

For AIB customers who have registered for VISA rewards.

Max €100 cashback, must be bought online and delivered.

End date 6th December.

I know there is a massive thread on this VISA scheme but this is a legit good deal...not 3% off on chocolate, as it usually seems to be.

Terms and Conditions
    To redeem this offer, you will need to make a purchase at currys.ie, including taxes and after any discounts. Offer valid for one purchase completed online. Reserving online and paying in-store will not qualify for cashback. Offer is limited to 1 cashback per Cashback Service account. Only the first eligible transaction made on any card registered to your account during the offer validity period will be eligible for cashback. If you have more than one card registered on your account, you will still only be paid cashback for this offer once, regardless of the number of purchases you make during the offer validity period. Offer not valid on purchases made using gift cards. Maximum cashback reward of €100.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭Doodah7

This also works for Ulster Bank customers with Visa cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭snor

Does it work for BofI customers?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

was gonna buy something off uk currys as was cheaper but this might make up the difference.
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Yes for BOI
    It is listed on their Visa my offers site

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Curry’s uk don’t ship here or to parcel motel or parcel wizard anymore
    They just refund the money

Good to know thanks. Also - That sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭you2008

Dose must be bought online and delivered. ?

Can you not pick up at store?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Bought some stuff off them on the 20th

:(

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Curry’s uk don’t ship here or to parcel motel or parcel wizard anymore
    They just refund the money

Well I just got a package delivered from Currys UK via Parcel Wizard!

Though I used a Revolut card, so perhaps that made a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭Doodah7

You just quoted the terms and they are clear

They are clear that you must buy and pay for items online. T&C's make no mention of collection in-store...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Robbing hoors looking an iPhone 8 for daughter for Xmas €850 on Irish store £600/€670 on Uk store even with the 10% of its still €100 dearer😱😱

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭scholes

Hi Do you know how to avail of this offer, i cant see any option in the basket?

thanks
    donnyvegas wrote: »
    For AIB customers who have registered for VISA rewards.

Max €100 cashback, must be bought online and delivered.

End date 6th December.

I know there is a massive thread on this VISA scheme but this is a legit good deal...not 3% off on chocolate, as it usually seems to be.

Terms and Conditions
    To redeem this offer, you will need to make a purchase at currys.ie, including taxes and after any discounts. Offer valid for one purchase completed online. Reserving online and paying in-store will not qualify for cashback. Offer is limited to 1 cashback per Cashback Service account. Only the first eligible transaction made on any card registered to your account during the offer validity period will be eligible for cashback. If you have more than one card registered on your account, you will still only be paid cashback for this offer once, regardless of the number of purchases you make during the offer validity period. Offer not valid on purchases made using gift cards. Maximum cashback reward of €100.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

scholes wrote: »

thanks

You need to sign up for Visa offers (via your bank) and then once you make the purchase with the Visa card you will get the 10% back in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭you2008

The op has said it must be ordered online delivered which I assume are the terms for the offer

seriously:eek: assuming ?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭scholes

Ok Thanks a million

scholes wrote: »

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭snor

Thank you OP and others.signed up with my card and due to get €80 back. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

The op has said it must be ordered online delivered which I assume are the terms for the offer

Sorry I might have read the terms too quick. It says 'Reserving online and paying in-store will not qualify for cashback.'

however, this doesn't imply that collection in-store isn't allowed. I think as long as the bank sees that the transaction is completed online, they can't know what way you received the item. you'll get the 10% back. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Does this work with bank of ireland? Do you just sign up for the life live rewards thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

I was declined using revoult and pw combo the other day did you put your pw I'd on the first address line or how did you do it????
    bk wrote: »
    Well I just got a package delivered from Currys UK via Parcel Wizard!

Though I used a Revolut card, so perhaps that made a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Robbing hoors looking an iPhone 8 for daughter for Xmas €850 on Irish store £600/€670 on Uk store even with the 10% of its still €100 dearer😱😱

Fairly certain it’s Apple who decided the RRP and not Curry’s to be fair. There was a time before brexit when the iPhone was cheaper here.

Watch the battery in them. July 2018 iPhone 8 down to 97% capacity already. Ironically I bought it because my X at the time had poor battery life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

You bought an 8 after the X???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

VAT and currency fluctuation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭BigAl81

No way, so if I buy a black Friday deal online, I'll get another 10% off as well!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Try_harder wrote: »
    You bought an 8 after the X???

I bought my X online apple.ie myself whilst still in contract. I got the 8 and S9 on upgrade with Vodafone when I was entitled to an upgrade on my accounts. They replaced aging and heavily scratched s7 and 6s.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭hopgirl

Does Curry's have a payment option online if you're reserving an item to buy? As I want to buy a laptop but collect in store but want to get my discount.

hopgirl wrote: »
    Does Curry's have a payment option online if you're reserving an item to buy? As I want to buy a laptop but collect in store but want to get my discount.

Yah. Just go through the normal process of buying online, and select COLLECT FOR FREE in store for the delivery option.

snor wrote: »
    Thank you OP and others.signed up with my card and due to get €80 back. :)

SWEET! It is a great offer. I was waiting to buy a telly in the sales, so an extra 10% off makes the decision easier. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

donnyvegas wrote: »
    Yah. Just go through the normal process of buying online, and select COLLECT FOR FREE in store for the delivery option.

no, you need to pay for delivery to get the cash back.

KingJamsie wrote: »

Where are you reading that?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭hopgirl

KingJamsie wrote: »

Thanks. Great if I pay for delivery it be next Thursday to deliver in my area :-( I want to get it today as I am in galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭red bellied

I read boi terms and you have to buy online, no reserving. No where does it mention you can't pick up in store to avail of offer.

Advertisement